Hamilton v The Hamilton’s & co

As solid as ever throughout, but rather stolid, unadventurous and a bit disjointed first half.  Accies had better chances.  Much better second half from the whistle and could maybe have won more comfortably so overall a fairly professional performance.  Accumulating a few points in the last three games could even sew up second place - and we’re doing the whole league a service by not allowing the current leaders a procession..    Good number of away fans but terribly quiet until the team started showing something - shouldn’t we be geeing them up a bit from the off?    No view of the tedious/amusing little distraction between fans towards the end, 

well done Lichties.  Accies much improved from when we played New Douglas in November and spent the entire game time-wasting but, in general, it’s not easy to score against our defence (what is it - 16 clean sheets now, ie half the games?} and so the first goal can be critical.

Edited by farflung lichtie

We looked a lot better in the 2nd half with Hilson in the middle.

I said last week we need to take a few more risks and in the 2nd half we did that (to an extent). I'm not sure we have enough creativity to open up team so it's really about doing what we did to get our goal. Early whipped crosses from the full-back and make the opposition have to defend it. We had lots of opportunities to do it (especially Scott Stewart) but there was too often an extra touch taken or an attempt to beat the full-back. 

We looked a lot better in the 2nd half with Hilson in the middle.

I said last week we need to take a few more risks and in the 2nd half we did that (to an extent). I'm not sure we have enough creativity to open up team so it's really about doing what we did to get our goal. Early whipped crosses from the full-back and make the opposition have to defend it. We had lots of opportunities to do it (especially Scott Stewart) but there was too often an extra touch taken or an attempt to beat the full-back. 

Nicky Low was a bit below par, not pulling the strings in midfield as well as usual. I wonder if he was less comfortable on the plastic surface due to his recent injury.

10 hours ago, timlichtie said:

Nicky Low was a bit below par, not pulling the strings in midfield as well as usual. I wonder if he was less comfortable on the plastic surface due to his recent injury.

Hard for Nicky and the team in general. No out ball or anyone to run up the park with it. All we can do is clip balls forward. It’s actually really suiting Hilson when he’s upfront cause that’s his game, being a nuisance. No idea how we can actually change things now. The only thing I can suggest is playing Bobby more but that’ll not happen, I don’t know why it can’t happen. Even if it is only for an hour a game. 

Henderson would be fine if there was something coming down the other side and for a while we had that. JT and SS were brilliant down there but SS dropped off a wee bit and JT seems to be struggling. Hilson just is not a winger it’s a complete waste of time and it needs to stop ASAP. He’s been great off big Jack. 

We look solid defensively. Jack Hamilton has been ridiculously good for us again and it’s been ages since we’ve had anyone like him, proper goal scorer. 

Yesterday was a great result though and the second half was actually a very enjoyable watch from our perspective. Probably the reason why everyone was quiet the first half cause we’ve been a really hard watch for a while. Second half when things are happening it’s a different story. 

No complaints though and I pray that ICT take something on Friday night so Saturday is another big big day at Gayfield.