Yogi Bears Pars v Bully's 45-90 minute cameos (The proverbial relegation 6 pointer)

Yup, get off at Dunfermline Town and fire up in the town centre for a good selection of pubs.

I've always thought that Dunfermline would be a decent away day for away fans. Easy enough to get to (despite one or two changes if taking the train, Megabus services from Edinburgh and Dundee to the Park and Ride) and plenty of good pubs in the town, before a fairly short walk to the ground or a quick number 19 bus along (it stops literally outside the stadium) or cheap taxi. The only issue is getting a carry out for the train back, although if you're going north you need to go to Inverkeithing anyway and there are a couple of good shops for that and if you're going anywhere else you need to change at Edinburgh, which likewise has shops for that. You could avail yourself of the big Tesco in Dunfermline town centre, but it wouldn't be cold beer.

A more cultured trip imo is going to the Town station, walking the 10-15 mins to pubs like the Old Inn / Creepy etc via the cobbled streets that pass through the palace/abbey grounds, and then walking the 20 mins to EEP.  Can then go from the ground back to the station via the aforementioned park.

I for one always quite like to see places rather than just go straight to the ground and back, and as far as Scottish towns go, Dunfermline has one of the nicer town centres (the Heritage Quarter in particular).

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Yup, get off at Dunfermline Town and fire up in the town centre for a good selection of pubs.

I've always thought that Dunfermline would be a decent away day for away fans. Easy enough to get to (despite one or two changes if taking the train, Megabus services from Edinburgh and Dundee to the Park and Ride) and plenty of good pubs in the town, before a fairly short walk to the ground or a quick number 19 bus along (it stops literally outside the stadium) or cheap taxi. The only issue is getting a carry out for the train back, although if you're going north you need to go to Inverkeithing anyway and there are a couple of good shops for that and if you're going anywhere else you need to change at Edinburgh, which likewise has shops for that. You could avail yourself of the big Tesco in Dunfermline town centre, but it wouldn't be cold beer.

You've got that shop at Halbeath Road if you're wanting some cans. 

Looking forward to tomorrow, making a night of it . Dunfermline full of great pubs and is a great night out . Reminds me of what Ayr used to be like sadly .  Took a 2-2 draw on the coupon . We’ll see ! Anyway ,any Pars fans want a blether about the game etc , the noisy “Belmont Boys”will be in Malloy’s (if it’s still there) after midnight ! Not as good as the old Lorenzo’s as I remember it , but not too shabby .

Looking forward to tomorrow, making a night of it . Dunfermline full of great pubs and is a great night out . Reminds me of what Ayr used to be like sadly .  Took a 2-2 draw on the coupon . We’ll see ! Anyway ,any Pars fans want a blether about the game etc , the noisy “Belmont Boys”will be in Malloy’s (if it’s still there) after midnight ! Not as good as the old Lorenzo’s as I remember it , but not too shabby .
PJ's you mean [emoji16][emoji106]

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

It does cans? Decent. Haven't been in it since about 2005.

That shop is now shite, if it's the one in Appin crescent, only sold the canisters for home pour systems.

I went in for a can of Irn Bru and the boy looked like I had two heads. Although they do sell crypto there as well.

Edited by 101

15 minutes ago, 101 said:

That shop is now shite, if it's the one in Appin crescent, only sold the canisters for home pour systems.

I went in for a can of Irn Bru and the boy looked like I had two heads. Although they do sell crypto there as well.

Not sure if they do now; Bitcoin ATMs were removed since they didn't conform to some FSA regulation. 

23 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Not sure if they do now; Bitcoin ATMs were removed since they didn't conform to some FSA regulation. 

The sign is still there I'm sure. Nightmare as I don't think you can buy Crypto on the way to the ground now ;)

If I had to genuinely guess what the starting line up would be then I’d go for this

McAdams, Houston, Muirhead, McGinty, Reading, O’Connor, McInroy, Kenyon, Maxwell, Adeloye, Ashford

Wouldn’t be too unhappy with it tbh but hopefully Murdoch is fit.