Cove vs Alloa

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I think there are plans to extend the main stand considerably. Whether that will be this summer or not I'm not entirely sure.

We need terracing as you say around the 3 other sides as with almost 1300 there yesterday people were 2/3 deep in some areas and the viewing angles diminish. It needs elevation from terracing to accommodate a bigger crowd. 

Aye that's what Balmoral misses just now.  Yesterday I got in maybe 15 minutes before kick off on the assumption it would be a big crowd because, although I'm tall, I really don't like standing in the second row on the flat ground - not ideal especially when you're used to sauntering into the ground on the stroke of 3pm!  Assuming they go up and the crowds increase a bit in the Championship, I would hope that some more terracing or seating would get built.

Haar aside, I enjoyed that game yesterday and fair play to the Alloa fans who showed up in decent numbers and contributed a bit of fun.  They were the better team in the first half and really unlucky not to get ahead.  It was ruthless from Cove in the second half though.   

1 hour ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

I really like the wee paddocks opposite the main stand. I might be wrong but seen a few examples of this in the Highland League, seems to be a wee tradition of those grounds.

Agree though, very much like Balmoor behind the goals. And with bigger games and crowds on the horizon probably needs at minimum some raised standing behind the goals.

I was in one of those until twenty minutes to go when another bovril was required. Good wee atmosphere in it.

As you know those cove fans who have travelled to the Recs we have what is known as the Gazebo

the away stand on the east side,  Something like that as a temporary measure (10 years we have been told) look like a fairly inexpensive compromise ?