The 3 Conference Champions

31 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Correct. Once you pay your £2000 fee you are in the process. You have as long as it takes thereafter to reach compliance, there is no failure really, just non-compliance.

Is there hope that your club may be licenced this time around?

Is there a rough guide that you could put forward as to the cost of the non-ground facilities part of the licencing process?

Next season will be tough for all clubs in the Premier Division, one way or the other. Some half decent sides may be relegated. Finding ground and other resources for a Premier season and to stay up and to get into the licencing process looks as though it will difficult for quite a few clubs.

37 minutes ago, Dev said:

Is there hope that your club may be licenced this time around?

Is there a rough guide that you could put forward as to the cost of the non-ground facilities part of the licencing process?

Next season will be tough for all clubs in the Premier Division, one way or the other. Some half decent sides may be relegated. Finding ground and other resources for a Premier season and to stay up and to get into the licencing process looks as though it will difficult for quite a few clubs.

We are very hopeful that we will get the nod for our licence this summer.

As for the cost for non-ground facilities, it really depends on the resources already at the club. There are multiple training courses that designated people have to go through like Sports First Aid (specific ones, not just anybody's), Child Wellbeing courses (two), managers and coaches have to have specific coaching qualifications (1.1, 1.2 & 1.3 minimum), Disclosure/PVG for the club chaplain, sports therapist and Child Welfare Protection Officer, the provision of a Security Officer, plus multiple policy documents and legal documentation which has to be produced and evidenced, as well as displayed on the club website. All of these have costs involved, some just in terms of administration, some in terms of personal time, some in terms of fees for taking part in the course. And that's just a summary, each of the 65-ish clauses have several factors which need checked, every 't' crossed and every 'i' dotted. 99.9% out of 100% is non-compliance, only 100% is accepted.

6 hours ago, glensmad said:

We are very hopeful that we will get the nod for our licence this summer.

As for the cost for non-ground facilities, it really depends on the resources already at the club. There are multiple training courses that designated people have to go through like Sports First Aid (specific ones, not just anybody's), Child Wellbeing courses (two), managers and coaches have to have specific coaching qualifications (1.1, 1.2 & 1.3 minimum), Disclosure/PVG for the club chaplain, sports therapist and Child Welfare Protection Officer, the provision of a Security Officer, plus multiple policy documents and legal documentation which has to be produced and evidenced, as well as displayed on the club website. All of these have costs involved, some just in terms of administration, some in terms of personal time, some in terms of fees for taking part in the course. And that's just a summary, each of the 65-ish clauses have several factors which need checked, every 't' crossed and every 'i' dotted. 99.9% out of 100% is non-compliance, only 100% is accepted.

Is having a club chaplain part of the licence or do Rutherglen just happen to have a chaplain and because he is involved with the club needs a disclosure

3 minutes ago, glensmad said:
45 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:
Is having a club chaplain part of the licence or do Rutherglen just happen to have a chaplain and because he is involved with the club needs a disclosure

It is now a Licensing requirement.

Thanks for the reply but I have to say I find that absolutely ludicrous. Its a sporting club not a religous organisation

Thanks for the reply but I have to say I find that absolutely ludicrous. Its a sporting club not a religous organisation

It's a secular role at football clubs. There to offer general support to players and staff rather than prayers and religious services.

The Chaplaincy service has nothing to do with religion whatsoever. It is a Wellbeing and Protection requirement for vulnerable adults.

7 hours ago, glensmad said:
10 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

The Chaplaincy service has nothing to do with religion whatsoever. It is a Wellbeing and Protection requirement for vulnerable adults.

That explains it. I wondered why Talbot had a chaplain. Makes sense tbf.

On 14/04/2022 at 21:56, glensmad said:
On 14/04/2022 at 21:14, Wile E Coyote said:

It is now a Licensing requirement.

That seems a fairly bizarre requirement. Is there a reason for it that you know of?

7 minutes ago, glensmad said:
2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:
Talbot’s chaplain is the local minister.

Glencairn's is too. They are appointed by the Chaplaincy Service at the Scottish FA.

To be honest it would be weird if it wasn’t a minister