Heart of Midlothian - 2022/23 European Tour

Elixir

24 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I just heard Robbie Replay interview on the radio, talking about the "20000 hearts fans" at tynecastle next week.

I confess, I must have missed the redevelopment work starting to expand the capacity of the stadium, but well done on getting this work all completed during the closed season. 👏

"He said 20,000, but the capacity of the ground is only 19,800!!!" 🤓

16 minutes ago, DC92 said:

"He said 20,000, but the capacity of the ground is only 19,800!!!" 🤓

There will be 18000 Hearts fans there at most. I dont really care, but its just so "hearts" to lie about everything related to size.

A psychologist would have a field day with you lot..........................😉

8 hours ago, doogster said:

Apoligies if this has been covered before, but why do Hearts have so many Union Flag style banners at away games?  Genuine question, just watched the highlights.

Not being a unionist myself, I'd never take one to a game.

But it always amuses me how many people get in a tizzy about folk taking what is (like it or not, and I don't like it) their national flag to a game.

Who fucking cares?

8 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Must have been watching a different game.

Of course we were. We were watching it hoping Hearts would win, you were watching it hoping Hearts would lose and looking for any reason to criticise.

It's called being a football supporter.

Hearts are well in the tie, and that's all that really matters. We're not particularly great, they're a wee bit better, but with a bit of luck we can maybe knock them out.

9 hours ago, doogster said:

Apoligies if this has been covered before, but why do Hearts have so many Union Flag style banners at away games? Genuine question, just watched the highlights.

Another one. 🥴

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I just heard Robbie Replay interview on the radio, talking about the "20000 hearts fans" at tynecastle next week.

I confess, I must have missed the redevelopment work starting to expand the capacity of the stadium, but well done on getting this work all completed during the closed season. 👏

Probably because not everyone is a pedantic wee gimp.

2 hours ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

800 fans lololol. 

#3rdbiggestclub

I wonder why the fans didn't go all in on this tie in the most expensive country in Europe when they'll have three more games in the group stage to choose from. 🥴

Do other clubs in Scotland outside the Old Firm (and Hertz) pull in 18/19k for run of the mill league fixtures these days? Must have missed it, or are they just nowhere near us still?

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

There will be 18000 Hearts fans there at most. I dont really care, but its just so "hearts" to lie about everything related to size.

1damss.jpg

40 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Not being a unionist myself, I'd never take one to a game.

But it always amuses me how many people get in a tizzy about folk taking what is (like it or not, and I don't like it) their national flag to a game.

Who fucking cares?

Yeah, this. Not a unionist either, but the obsession with flags from some of the tadgers on here is just as cringeworthy as anyone who may be desperate to display a union flag among the Hearts support.

Nearly every single one was maroon ffs. 🤪

10 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I wonder why the fans didn't go all in on this tie in the most expensive country in Europe when they'll have three more games in the group stage to choose from. 🥴

Aye, I thought it was a good support last night, all things considered.

I was originally IN for this trip, but then on reflection decided that it was an awful lot of money considering we have three more trips coming up. If we didn't have the safety net, I'd definitely have gone to this one and there's quite a few of my mates in the same boat. Only half of my normal travelling party of mates went to this one. And I think that's reflected in the size of the support.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Of course we were. We were watching it hoping Hearts would win, you were watching it hoping Hearts would lose and looking for any reason to criticise.

It's called being a football supporter.

Hearts are well in the tie, and that's all that really matters. We're not particularly great, they're a wee bit better, but with a bit of luck we can maybe knock them out.

What an odd chap you are. I see you're on a normal one again.

I'm more than capable of watching a game of football and giving a balanced opinion of how it went. Managed copious amounts of times with Rangers last season.

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

What an odd chap you are. I see you're on a normal one again.

I'm more than capable of watching a game of football and giving a balanced opinion of how it went. Managed copious amounts of times with Rangers last season.

Course you are, mate. Course you are.

The response of someone who's totally reasonable and open to self-reflection.

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

I only listened to the game, but from what I heard we missed a bit of an opportunity, but 2 - 1 is a good result to take back to Tynecastle given the performance? Is that a fair assessment?

More or less. They looked a decent enough side, but we sold two pish goals when ahead and looking decent for it.

Conditions were pretty dreadful, which obviously had an impact. But still in with a shot at it.

Edited by VincentGuerin

14 hours ago, doogster said:

Apoligies if this has been covered before, but why do Hearts have so many Union Flag style banners at away games?  Genuine question, just watched the highlights.

Probably got something to do with being based in the UK.

Would’ve taken that before the game but think we should have been a bit more positive.Thursday night at Tynecastle in front of 20,000 Jambo’s will be awesome,we’ve got a real chance.

Given the recent embarrassing performances in Europe from all of us (old firm exempt),hibs and Aberdeen in particular and late entries from Well & Utd,at the very least we’ve stopped the embarrassment (for the moment 🫣)

16 hours ago, doogster said:

As, personally, I don’t generally go to away games these people feel safe to come out of the woodwork  knowing they won’t  have to deal with me. Similarly if you do see any at home games it will most likely be those cheeky  scamps in section N the opposite corner from me

I trust this elucidates matters in a sufficient manner 

17 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Must have been watching a different game. That lot were very dangerous on the counter. With some better decisions they'd have bagged a couple more.

Neilson is going to overthink it.

I suppose the good thing about being one behind is there's far less room for overthinking. We have to win in 90 minutes.

The bad thing is we've seen plenty of examples of clubs thinking "ah, we'll do them at home" after settling for less than they might have got in the away leg. It's worked for Rangers recently, but St Johnstone and Aberdeen both fell foul of this last season. In fact, our last European tie under this manager falls into the same category and that was against a far worse team.

I've got a nagging feeling we missed an opportunity last night and haven't given ourselves the best chance. As you said, they look like they might actually be better equipped to sit in and play on the break.

At the moment I'd give us about a 1 in 3 chance of going through and a 1 in 3 chance of getting done by two or three.

2 hours ago, DC92 said:

I suppose the good thing about being one behind is there's far less room for overthinking. We have to win in 90 minutes.

The bad thing is we've seen plenty of examples of clubs thinking "ah, we'll do them at home" after settling for less than they might have got in the away leg. It's worked for Rangers recently, but St Johnstone and Aberdeen both fell foul of this last season. In fact, our last European tie under this manager falls into the same category and that was against a far worse team.

I've got a nagging feeling we missed an opportunity last night and haven't given ourselves the best chance. As you said, they look like they might actually be better equipped to sit in and play on the break.

At the moment I'd give us about a 1 in 3 chance of going through and a 1 in 3 chance of getting done by two or three.

Yip. 

After the first leg a lot of our fans thought the tie was still there for the taking. As it turns, we needed a goal and were cut open on the counter. It was close to getting silly at one point.

12 hours ago, Leith Green said:

You really don't care. That's why you're on a Hearts thread trying to make something of hibs having a few hundred extra seats.

Yeah you really don't care.🙃