Queen of the South vs Ayr United

Hard to blame East in any way but I would like to see If Rae was going to get to the ball from the shot. Heartbreaking way to go down but it has been coming and we didn’t deserve to stay up. 

Edited by Broony88

They will. McCall threw a game against Airdrie when he managed us a few years ago to help his old buddies out. He'll do it next week as well. Ayr/Dunfermline double will be placed next weekend.

I don’t think McCall has any pals left at Ayr. Maybe if Cameron was still chairman but McCall was very critical of Dave Smith for sacking Mark Kerr.

Hard to blame East in any way but I would like to see If Rae was going to get to the ball from the shot. Heartbreaking way to go down but it has been coming and we didn’t deserve to stay up. 
I was a fair bit away but from my angle I thought Rae was getting it. But don't blame East, he wasn't to know and rightly flung himself at it.

That goal alone was what relegated us anyway and he's been far better than most this season.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

I was a fair bit away but from my angle I thought Rae was getting it. But don't blame East, he wasn't to know and rightly flung himself at it.

That goal alone was what relegated us anyway and he's been far better than most this season.

I wasn’t blaming him I was just curious as it didn’t even look that powerful a shot. 

3 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

I think he was probably saving it.

The Ayr player didn't really get hold of the shot.  A bit of a sore one.

17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Only positive from today was sending Gibson into a meltdown when we got our equaliser. Incredibly unpleasant guy and I hope he’s fucking miserable tonight.

Apart from that it was shite. End to end game but zero quality from both teams. After we missed our sitters in the first half you could tell we weren’t scoring. Zero confidence amongst the players and when they have a chance they’re wanting an extra two or three touches instead of hitting the ball. Defensively we were a shambles and every ball over the top of us put us into panic mode.

Partick need to win next week so we won’t be facing any weakened side and they’ll be right on top of us. Only benefit to that is if we win we can potentially deny them the playoffs.

At the minute I’d still make us favourites for ninth given the fixture ourselves and Dunfermline still have to play. QOS looked fucked after our goal and I can’t see them troubling any team when they have nothing to play for.

A bit harsh slating Gibson. I hope Queens go back up and Ayr get relegated next season.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think he was probably saving it.

The Ayr player didn't really get hold of the shot.  A bit of a sore one.

East, a striker changed to a centre back this season. There was a lot more than that own goal relegated Queens.

Blame the Directors and AJ/SC....

5 minutes ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

East, a striker changed to a centre back this season. There was a lot more than that own goal relegated Queens.

Blame the Directors and AJ/SC....

Where did I suggest East was solely to blame for our relegation?

2 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Thank f**k we got that point. The biggest talking point though... How on Earth did Gibson not get at least a booking for catching the ball in play? Willie Collum is a truly awful referee.

5 Ayr players asked that question of him immediately - "'D'uh, I fucked up" was the answer.

Collum = fud ! 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

We're either the most forgiving fans in the country or we have a huge proportion of fuckwits in our support. But applauding a bunch of relegated diddies off the park surely wouldn't be seen anywhere else?

Definitely fuckwits in our support - as in any support tbf. Fighting with Ayr fans at Market Square, apparently a fair few folk hurt. Idiots.