Peter Crouch

TheFalkirkBairn

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have seen far worse struck penalties go in, thats for sure. regardless of whether or not he is scoring, he IS keeping morientes off the pitch and helped liverpool WIN convincingly. he is undoubtedly a handful to mark and im sure a big part of the success of liverpools other forwards (especially cisse and luis garcia) is down to him- just like owen said he was great to play alongside for england.

did anyone else think it was never a penalty in the first place??

i have seen far worse struck penalties go in, thats for sure. regardless of whether or not he is scoring, he IS keeping morientes off the pitch and helped liverpool WIN convincingly. he is undoubtedly a handful to mark and im sure a big part of the success of liverpools other forwards (especially cisse and luis garcia) is down to him- just like owen said he was great to play alongside for england.

did anyone else think it was never a penalty in the first place??

MotD highlights didn't do Crouch any justice. Believe me, he did everything BUT score yesterday. He should have scored the penalty but the pressure on him must have been immense because the crowd were making so much noise. Not an excuse I know, as a professional footballer should be able to score from 12yds, but it definitely was a contributing factor. He had a magnificent header saved by an equally magnificent save and then there was his shot in the 2nd half.

As for the penalty, at the time and from where I was sitting yes it looked a penalty but watching MotD it looked fairly soft. In fact Pompey had a couple of decent shouts for a penalty that the referee turned down flat - neither of these were shown on MotD.

michael owen is worth £6m to liverpool, baros is worth £5m, crouch is worth £7m.

absolute nonsense, he's had one good season and benetiz throws silly money to get him, a truly awful signing.

odds of 12/1 on him not scoring at all this year look tempting

MotD highlights didn't do Crouch any justice. Believe me, he did everything BUT score yesterday. He should have scored the penalty but the pressure on him must have been immense because the crowd were making so much noise. Not an excuse I know, as a professional footballer should be able to score from 12yds, but it definitely was a contributing factor. He had a magnificent header saved by an equally magnificent save and then there was his shot in the 2nd half.

As for the penalty, at the time and from where I was sitting yes it looked a penalty but watching MotD it looked fairly soft. In fact Pompey had a couple of decent shouts for a penalty that the referee turned down flat - neither of these were shown on MotD.

Tut tut...you should have been at Hamilton! ;)

Guest thefamousphilosifer

michael owen is worth £6m to liverpool, baros is worth £5m, crouch is worth £7m.

absolute nonsense, he's had one good season and benetiz throws silly money to get him, a truly awful signing.

odds of 12/1 on him not scoring at all this year look tempting

He is an awful player. I've heard people say that he's good with the ball at his feet for such a big lad, but in reality this just means that if he was 5'7 instead of 6'7 everyone would realise that his is shite

Guest BullyWee1878

Thats bollocks, you dont score 16 goals in a team that gets relegated if you are pish. The guy is going through a bad spell and once he gets the 1st goal then people will lay off him. I remember Forlan went 25 games before he scored and he isnt doing to bad for himself over in Spain at the moment.

He's just not very good.

A one season wonder. People forget the only reason he was at Southampton was because he had been so woeful for Aston villa after he moved there from Portsmouth that they were delighted to see the back of him.

I thought it was incredible Liverpool bought him.

I do feel sorry for him now though, as he comes over as a decent guy. He's not exactly being paid badly to be pish though, so my sympathy doesnt go too far.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived