Darvel FC Thread

2 minutes ago, AM-1 said:

Truesdale has chucked it? Apparently Wilson from Cambuslang has been signed to replace him and I overheard a Darvel staff member state Wilson is better than Truesdale which was an unbelievable statement! The kid couldn't lace Truesdales boots!!

Really how big is your nose 

Was going to raise the same question re this Saturday’s game.

i’m not up on what was all behind the ticket situ arising but no way will the Darvel ground be remotely near capacity.

Beith would probably have their usual numbers & a good few of them are older fans who wouldn't get a concession admission so they might not even bother as League now done. Wouldn't think any ‘waverers’ from anywhere would go through the bother of the on line rigmarole. You have to think Darvel will be the losers here, albeit probably not a fortune, if they persist. 

Could a Darvel person in the know please advise 

1 hour ago, AM-1 said:

Truesdale has chucked it? Apparently Wilson from Cambuslang has been signed to replace him and I overheard a Darvel staff member state Wilson is better than Truesdale which was an unbelievable statement! The kid couldn't lace Truesdales boots!!

He looks a decent keeper. 

Had a very good game at Auchinleck.

2 hours ago, AM-1 said:

Think he is a lot older than he looks Only seen him play once as Beith put 7 past him but thought he was a very good keeper

Sad news today for the club that honorary member Mrs Ilene Wylie has passed away, an ever present for decades doing a variety of tasks along with her late husband Jim Snr, condolences to Jim, John and their families. R.I.P. Ilene

1 hour ago, Ceejayar said:

Sad news today for the club that honorary member Mrs Ilene Wylie has passed away, an ever present for decades doing a variety of tasks along with her late husband Jim Snr, condolences to Jim, John and their families. R.I.P. Ilene

Sad to hear. Condolences to Mrs Wylie's family.

Thanks pal appreciate it 

Very sorry to hear this. I know Jim Jnr, didn't know his Mum but know she loved the club.

Prayers with you and your family @Darvel legend ❤️🙏

16 hours ago, Ceejayar said:

Condolences lads & keep your chins up 

Dead rubber today at Darvel but an entertaining game nonetheless. Very intriguing as to what next season will hold for Darvel following a really bizarre season, however the ground improvements and facilities can’t fail to impress and are a great legacy for the future 

On 01/05/2023 at 16:39, beaver watch said:

I thought they would have played it a bit earlier so they would have a team left.

32 minutes ago, pheasant plucker said:

Dead rubber today at Darvel but an entertaining game nonetheless. Very intriguing as to what next season will hold for Darvel following a really bizarre season, however the ground improvements and facilities can’t fail to impress and are a great legacy for the future 

Be very interesting to see what happens next season are the current management staying around 

Was disappointed with Darvel today, thought they would have been out to prove a point against us.  Truth be told if Beith had scored another 3-4 goals today it would have been a truer reflection of the game.  Fowler should have had a double hat trick and We hit the post twice.  

Few players missing for Darvel today, has the exodus already begun? 

1 hour ago, pheasant plucker said:

Got to agree with that and really need to  respect the improvements that darvel have put into their ground and the pitch is phenomenal, actually feels like quite a friendly and welcoming place to visit too and although  not being too sure what the future holds for them I don't think many  clubs who had  very little joy in their pre John gall history would have knocked back what he's brought to the club.