Darvel FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Junior cups dont count so we’ve got to own that we’ve been too inconsistent this year to compete and have won nothing. 

Why do junior cups not count?

Serious question.

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The sjfa cups dont really mean much to me tbh, no affinity for it. I get its a big deal to talbot fans so whatever you guys like fair enough, not everyone likes the same things. 

Why do loads of Bankies fans show no affinity or respect for an level of football that provided you with a chance to play football again?

27 minutes ago, southerner said:

Why do loads of Bankies fans show no affinity or respect for an level of football that provided you with a chance to play football again?

Do we? I loved our time playing junior n would've loved 2 win everything going but it wasn't 2 be and visiting all these different grounds has been brilliant and now we've moved into the wosl the juniors is no more for all of us, unless unlicensed clubs move back junior in future years. There is plenty of respect and affinity from bankies fans

Mon the papers

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

Hopefully one of them will be gone never to return next summer.

Preferably Talbot.

It's not ideal I have to agree mate. I never envisaged that after the third iteration of this new division we'd still have all the big hitters still here.

2 hours ago, southerner said:

Could you not still win it one day?

There’s no chance of Clydebank ever playing in the Junior Cup.

They can’t wait to get away from the Junior dinosaurs who are now infesting the WoSFL management committee.

I really don’t know why most clubs in the WoSFL don’t just go back and set up the West Juniors again.The set up they are in now was never meant for the majority of them.

Lets be totally honest Clydebank and the vast majority of  their fans have always kind of thought they were above ' junior football ' and despite our grade giving them a platform to bring them back from the ashes they've always kind of thought they're above it a bit,  fair play they wish to return to senior football (SPFL football leagues) through Rose tinted specs - which was the level that ultimately killed them when they got royally shafted,  their fans to their credit are very loyal, vociferous and turn up in numbers but they're certainly no auchinleck Talbot for me stature wise .

Edited by Thejackdaw

19 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Lets be totally honest Clydebank and the vast majority of  their fans have always kind of thought they were above ' junior football ' and despite our grade giving them a platform to bring them back from the ashes they've always kind of thought they're above it a bit,  fair play they wish to return to senior football (SPFL football leagues) through Rose tinted specs - which was the level that ultimately killed them when they got royally shafted,  their fans to their credit are very loyal, vociferous and turn up in numbers but they're certainly no auchinleck Talbot for me stature wise .

Auchinleck have virtually no stature in Scottish football.

They are a small village football club.

Nobody who is interested in an SPFL club (which is the vast majority of fans in the country) gives a fig if they’ve won Junior Cups or various other tinpot trophies.They are an irrelevance.

37 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

There’s no chance of Clydebank ever playing in the Junior Cup.

They can’t wait to get away from the Junior dinosaurs who are now infesting the WoSFL management committee.

I really don’t know why most clubs in the WoSFL don’t just go back and set up the West Juniors again.The set up they are in now was never meant for the majority of them.

Sooner you get emptied again the better - remember it was you and your ilk that at on your hands and let the Junior "grade" die and every single day it eats you up. That is most most pleasing.

2 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

Auchinleck have virtually no stature in Scottish football.

They are a small village football club.

Nobody who is interested in an SPFL club (which is the vast majority of fans in the country) gives a fig if they’ve won Junior Cups or various other tinpot trophies.They are an irrelevance.

The entire Junior "grade" was an irrelevance, was a great day when it died. Which was greatly helped by you, great days.

12 minutes ago, drs said:

The entire Junior "grade" was an irrelevance, was a great day when it died. Which was greatly helped by you, great days.

The Juniors were set up in the first place because clubs had no other option.

Certain SJFA blazers could have moved the pyramid at least 10 years before the LL was set up and bypassed the SFA best pals and their boys clubs.