Darvel FC Thread

Questioning even more MK as a manager, signing half the Darvel team to EK, let’s be honest they were unable to compete in west league and cups beyond the season post covid where clubs were sitting right on cash with exception to Darvel.   

The players he signed achieved little in their time yet are players moving to a “higher” level having failed at the tier below.  

The ex Talbot players are at least winner having said that now booking their saga holidays.   

is Mr Gall prepared to invest to keep up with the big boys, or do Darvel naturally find their level giving their low following etc…interesting to see how they get on

21 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

Mcinally isn't everyone's cup of tea but he's a wily fox who knows our grade of football very well and a Scottish cup final win in 2012 with SBA v Talbot and a Scottish cup final defeat on penalties with Pollock against beith in 2016 tells you he knows where the big prizes are .

I'd not be writing Darvel off at all. Pollok and Talbot will have to recruit wisely though and might find it hard to hit ground running. We've done some decent business in close season and building on a decent season. Beith will also be on a high and St Cadocs and Gartcairn coming up strong. It's going to be as competitive as normal 

15 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

I'd not be writing Darvel off at all. Pollok and Talbot will have to recruit wisely though and might find it hard to hit ground running. We've done some decent business in close season and building on a decent season. Beith will also be on a high and St Cadocs and Gartcairn coming up strong. It's going to be as competitive as normal 

Clydebank and Beith start as favourites for me.

Both retained the core of their team and adding a few more players will improve them again. 

The rest of last years top 5, it’s a lot of change. So it all comes down to getting off to a decent start and building confidence a bit like Beith last year. 

1 hour ago, superpollok said:

Both retained the core of their team and adding a few more players will improve them again. 

The rest of last years top 5, it’s a lot of change. So it all comes down to getting off to a decent start and building confidence a bit like Beith last year. 

Defo a big change of faces at darvel with 10 out and 8 in so far. Mcshane staying is huge, no confirmation on whether syme, meggat, Robertson, caldwell, reilly,  Ferguson, Moore and glasgow are still at club? 

Edited by trialist

2 hours ago, superpollok said:

You'd be mad to discount Talbot or Pollok but there's been so much change its hard to say if it'll be too much

4 hours ago, superpollok said:

Hope it ain't Beith for the sake of at least of having Wosfl team in the pyramid playoffs.

18 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Who says Beith won't be licensed by the end of the season ?

They'll need to sort out the ground ownership issue first, so they can make the improvements required. Possibly one for KLTR?

4 minutes ago, RedEd said:

They'll need to sort out the ground ownership issue first, so they can make the improvements required. Possibly one for KLTR?

By the sounds of their statement everyone involved was willing to give up ownership of the ground to the club, it was just a strange legal situation of the trust with nobody left alive in it that left them in a situation where they had to jump through some bureaucratic hoops before they could get ownership to build the floodlights.

5 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Let's hope we have a licenced winner.

Or I'll really start laughing at the blazers on here.

😀

As I predicted you'd do a few weeks ago, you've waited a few weeks, ignored the request to justify your opinion on why it's embarrassing for the so-called "blazers', and then trotted out that same line once again.

No doubt you'll do it once again, I think this is the 4th or 5th opportunity you've had now.

So, for the sake of your credibility, here's your opportunity once again, again, again.

Over to you, we're all waiting with interest. 😉

12 minutes ago, glensmad said:

As I predicted you'd do a few weeks ago, you've waited a few weeks, ignored the request to justify your opinion on why it's embarrassing for the so-called "blazers', and then trotted out that same line once again.

No doubt you'll do it once again, I think this is the 4th or 5th opportunity you've had now.

So, for the sake of your credibility, here's your opportunity once again, again, again.

Over to you, we're all waiting with interest. 😉

Tenner says the word banjo will appear in the reply. A warmer!