Darvel FC Thread

3 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Fingers crossed game is on this weekend, unsure what the current issues with the park is given the money that has been spent on it over the past few years. Historically the pitch was a heavy one however this has dramatically improved in recent years. I know the contractor had made a mistake in the initial install and works had to be redone. My concern going forward is that if the investment has been made in it and we are having issues when there is any significant rain fall then it is only going to get worse over time. 

I have no clue the cost to install the new pitch however I would imagine it was a pretty penny. I don't think after a couple of seasons we should have issues with drainage etc...

Unsure how often we are still bringing the contractor back in to do regular maintenance etc...however I am hoping the pitch isn't returning to how it was pre JG installing new pitch. My concern was giving the reputation KRR/Cumbernauld Utd pitch is, it went ahead no issues against  Talbot at weekend. Our pitch last season was far superior to Cumbernauld Utd's yet theirs was on and ours wasn't. 

The weather conditions are different in different places, dontyouknow.

Looking forward to the game this weekend, a win for us against Clydebank, a wounded animal at the moment, would put us right into contention for the league which would have been unthinkable pre-christmas. I do think that the current team have more grit about them than under MK however the players MK had were technically superior. That said someone had mentioned on a previous comment they have a Talbot factor in the team now that they never had before with Leishman and Wilson both had their testimonials at Talbot and were proven winners. 

The one thing I always said that although we were signing top players in the past under MK, they weren't players that were decorated with winners medals etc...the never had the mentalilty that the likes of Wilson and Leishman have, That is something you can't buy. 

Clydebank will be desperate to win this weekend, I would say the pressure is on them big time, a slow start and their fans will be on their backs. They have invested heavily to go up this year, given contracts to players/manager until 2026. They will be favorites for the game. A drop of points for them against us could result in trouble for them as they are starting to run out of games to extend their lead and other teams are on their heels. 

7 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

The weather conditions are different in different places, dontyouknow.

I am aware of that however I also work in Cumbernauld area and live in Darvel, neither were worse than the other if anything Cumbernauld slightly worse weather. 

2 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

I am aware of that however I also work in Cumbernauld area and live in Darvel, neither were worse than the other if anything Cumbernauld slightly worse weather. 

On Saturday morning?

3 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Hurlford was also postponed on Saturday, five minutes along the road from Darvel.

28 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Hurlford was also postponed on Saturday, five minutes along the road from Darvel.

Hurlford have been dogged with issues for sometime now with regards their drainage, my point is more in relation to what would have been a lot of money spent on the pitch and we are still having issues, giving the money we've spent on the pitch I would expect it to hold up better than most pitches. 

Troon and similar costal pitches have natural advantages given their natural sandy soils. We aren't blessed with that hence the reason JG forked out the money for pitch improvements. 

33 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

On Saturday morning?

We were giving away soup on Friday afternoon assuming the game was going to be off. I was in the office until 10 on Saturday morning before heading home so know what both were like on that day. 

3 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

We were giving away soup on Friday afternoon assuming the game was going to be off. I was in the office until 10 on Saturday morning before heading home so know what both were like on that day. 

So now you are a drainage expert, a weatherman, a coastal ecologist, and a fortune teller? Is there no start to your talents and knowledge. Giving soup away = game definitely off? Or did it simply mean they wanted to find a home for fresh food just in case it was off so it didn’t go down the drain? Donating to save waste and help other being a crime in your book. I know one of the organisations that took the soup and they were extremely grateful. 

give us a break from your 💩.

I thought you had gone quiet but those that like their own voice don’t often go quiet.

if you were in office at 10 then how did you manage to inspect the pitch at 9.30 with the referee? I’m presuming you were there? 

And as for below, do you know the Sjfa better then the committee 🤔 or were you in different meetings than the committee then? You have also said that JG would be pocketing all the gate money underhandedly so that talbot don’t get it. But now you know it’s the Sjfa that get most of it, so which one is it? Im presuming that the ticket requirements come from planning, security, and the Sjfa. I’m guessing you must be on the Sjfa board if you know different. Wee snidey dig at the committee for being incompetent without knowing what it is they have been told just keeps your agenda going doesn’t it. You know feck all and are just fishing for information because you don’t know. But if you don’t know just be quiet, don’t make up what you don’t know with lies and smears.

I have no problem with opinions but see when it spite for spites sake, and you are just a bitter, bitter person, stay away, we don’t need you. 

Hearing semi final isn't going to be all ticket it is a mistake/misunderstanding on behalf  of our committee. They have misunderstood thattickets should be issued means match tickets, it is counting ticket issued at turnstile so the SJFA can have an accurate count of people coming in. 

13 minutes ago, GIRUU said:

So now you are a drainage expert, a weatherman, a coastal ecologist, and a fortune teller? Is there no start to your talents and knowledge. Giving soup away = game definitely off? Or did it simply mean they wanted to find a home for fresh food just in case it was off so it didn’t go down the drain? Donating to save waste and help other being a crime in your book. I know one of the organisations that took the soup and they were extremely grateful. 

give us a break from your 💩.

I thought you had gone quiet but those that like their own voice don’t often go quiet.

if you were in office at 10 then how did you manage to inspect the pitch at 9.30 with the referee? I’m presuming you were there? 

And as for below, do you know the Sjfa better then the committee 🤔 or were you in different meetings than the committee then? You have also said that JG would be pocketing all the gate money underhandedly so that talbot don’t get it. But now you know it’s the Sjfa that get most of it, so which one is it? Im presuming that the ticket requirements come from planning, security, and the Sjfa. I’m guessing you must be on the Sjfa board if you know different. Wee snidey dig at the committee for being incompetent without knowing what it is they have been told just keeps your agenda going doesn’t it. You know feck all and are just fishing for information because you don’t know. But if you don’t know just be quiet, don’t make up what you don’t know with lies and smears.

I have no problem with opinions but see when it spite for spites sake, and you are just a bitter, bitter person, stay away, we don’t need you. 

Hearing semi final isn't going to be all ticket it is a mistake/misunderstanding on behalf  of our committee. They have misunderstood thattickets should be issued means match tickets, it is counting ticket issued at turnstile so the SJFA can have an accurate count of people coming in. 

I am not critising giving it away I merely pointed out by Friday afternoon defeat on pitch front was pretty much confirmed. I would rather it got used that wasted. Plenty of local causes I am sure would have come forward or even some of the elderly I am sure would have been grateful for it. 

My point regarding the pitch is after 2 attempts and I wouldn't hazard a guess how much spent on it, it shouldn't be failing! If i was to take a guess I would reckon you could be close if not in 6 figures at the very cheapest spent on it. This isn't a criticism of the committee, by all account the company that carried it out were reputable company in this field, it wasn't carried out by a man and a van that turns his hand to a bit of soft landscaping.  The drainage on pitch shouldn't be failing. 

it is a 40/60 split at gate, home team 40, SJFA 60

Tickets shouldn't be bought in advance if you read the wording correctly it is referring to numbered tickets being issued. so at start of game numbers will be inspected at the end of the entry period the numbers will be checked again, all fans should receive a ticket on entry to game this is how the money is split. 

No tickets should be sold in advance as not required or asked for. How would you divvy up home/away allocation? How do away fans buy tickets etc...

Previously when home/away semi finals it was a 3 way split of the gate for the scottish now it is just split home team and SJFA, away team doesnt pocket from other teams home gate. 

31 minutes ago, GIRUU said:

. Wee snidey dig at the committee for being incompetent without knowing what it is they have been told just keeps your agenda going doesn’t it. You know feck all and are just fishing for information because you don’t know. But if you don’t know just be quiet, don’t make up what you don’t know with lies and smears.

Will you admit you're wrong when this is confirmed. 40/60 in favour of SJFA. Feel free to do your research. 

Why have talbot not announced Ticket only, join their lottery or don't get a ticket?

3 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Will you admit you're wrong when this is confirmed. 40/60 in favour of SJFA. Feel free to do your research. 

Why have talbot not announced Ticket only, join their lottery or don't get a ticket?

If true then 60% to the sjfa is absolutely shocking 😮 

7 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Are you ready the same info as I am? As we already know you are better informed that the committee or anyone else so maybe you know something no one else at the club knows . . . . 

As the Darvel v Auchinleck SJFA Cup semi final on 19/4 is anticipated to be a sell out, season ticket holders and lottery members (including any joining between now and the 15 March) are guaranteed access to 2 tickets before general sale.

WHERE DOES IT SAY YOU HAVE TO JOIN THE LOTTERY TO GET A TICKET. JUST PRIORITY TO THANK THOSE THAT ALREADY HELP THE CLUB REGULARLY.

IT IS ANTICIPATED TO BE A SELL OUT SO THATS WHY IT IS ALL TICKET.

NOONE HAD SAID IT IS ADVANCED TICKETS ONLY. ITS PROBABLY JUST GOOD MARKETING!

you really are a clown 🤡. Settle petal and talk to someone before you don’t know the difference between reality and your conspiracies. Oh and stay away from the club. Your poison is not welcome.

7 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What kind of soup was it?

Soup is not soup anymore. You were brought up on tattie, lintel and broth. We know see soup with cheese in it. The Darvel road kill speciality Broccoli and Badger is a big favourite with the locals.

7 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

No tickets should be sold in advance as not required or asked for. How would you divvy up home/away allocation? How do away fans buy tickets etc...

Previously when home/away semi finals it was a 3 way split of the gate for the scottish now it is just split home team and SJFA, away team doesnt pocket from other teams home gate. 

Keep forgetting the Sjfa contact you before the committee so you must know everything as you are always right. 

allocations - simple with the segregation required.

how do away fans buy tickets - how did Aberdeen and Falkirk buy tickets, how do international teams sell opponent tickets? It’s called a ticket allocation to the visiting club who then pay the money over. And this thing called the interweb. Although the web might just be in your head with all the rest of the cobwebs.

1 minute ago, beaver watch said:

Soup is not soup anymore. You were brought up on tattie, lintel and broth. We know see soup with cheese in it. The Darvel road kill speciality Broccoli and Badger is a big favourite with the locals.

Got to admit though the home made lentil, and the chicken broth, at the club is sensational. All the right quantities of roadkill, salt and fat, and counts as a full 5 a day veggie allocation according to one of my mates.

2 minutes ago, GIRUU said:

Got to admit though the home made lentil, and the chicken broth, at the club is sensational. All the right quantities of roadkill, salt and fat, and counts as a full 5 a day veggie allocation according to one of my mates.

I wouldn't know mate I refuse to buy anything off you!