Darvel FC Thread

25 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

That wasn't what I was suggesting at all but doing nothing but mutter under your breath is not a solution either.

So what would you have done if you had been in attendance and heard it .

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

That wasn't what I was suggesting at all but doing nothing but mutter under your breath is not a solution either.

Oh soz, yeah read it different from how you wrote it.

Feel some clubs I've been to turn a blind eye and ear to these Ultras.

Why I don't know, but agree it's the responsibility of each fan to bring it to the home clubs attention.

17 minutes ago, catakoom said:

I wouldn't have approached them that's for sure.

In all honesty, I haven't lived there for 14 years and haven't found myself in that situation for a long time so it's easy for me to say what I think I'd do. Surely racist shouts are the one thing which everyone is united against and is therefore something which has to be taken to task.

Still no comment from Darvel, I am assuming Auchinleck Talbot have the video evidence of this as they film every game.  

I have seen different comments on other social media platforms many from Darvel fans who are disgusted and rightly so by the repeated racist language of their fans at last night’s game.  

For me it is something as a club they can not hide from.  It is clear that they would have been away of the shouts that were made on several occasions.  For me the silence of the club is condoning this behaviour which simply has no place in any form of society let alone football.  

1 minute ago, Wos-observer said:

Still no comment from Darvel, I am assuming Auchinleck Talbot have the video evidence of this as they film every game.  

I have seen different comments on other social media platforms many from Darvel fans who are disgusted and rightly so by the repeated racist language of their fans at last night’s game.  

For me it is something as a club they can not hide from.  It is clear that they would have been away of the shouts that were made on several occasions.  For me the silence of the club is condoning this behaviour which simply has no place in any form of society let alone football.  

Pound to a penny when they do, it will be Talbot's fault somehow.

14 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

Goalie is doing fine and will get stronger and more confident 

The boy made a few mistakes early in the season and people just cant let that go. I think he's been improving all the time he's been here and i dont have a problem with him. Mind you, he didnt do himself any favours with the free kick against Hurlford, he must have thought it was going over the bar. We have very unforgiving fans at times and looks like a lot of them have made their mind up about the young lad no matter how well he plays now. 

I was advised to come back on to PnB because folk were sending me screenshots again.
I am going on the basis that no one will believe me any way so I though feck it I’ll leave the club and let everyone know the actual facts instead of the crap that can get posted as REAL insider information.

Firstly, and most importantly, I read the comments about the racist chants. My daughter was at the game and when I asked she said yes she did hear something. And she heard the reactions of BOTH sets of fans who were absolutely disgusted.

So I have asked someone to have a quiet word with the young team and if ANYTHING like that happens again, I believe they will be banned for life.

No-one should have to tolerate that at a football game, and especially the players, which is really their part time job. Completely unacceptable. No one would, could, or should disagree. Banter fine, abuse never.

35 minutes ago, FHill said:

I was advised to come back on to PnB because folk were sending me screenshots again.
I am going on the basis that no one will believe me any way so I though feck it I’ll leave the club and let everyone know the actual facts instead of the crap that can get posted as REAL insider information.

Firstly, and most importantly, I read the comments about the racist chants. My daughter was at the game and when I asked she said yes she did hear something. And she heard the reactions of BOTH sets of fans who were absolutely disgusted.

So I have asked someone to have a quiet word with the young team and if ANYTHING like that happens again, I believe they will be banned for life.

No-one should have to tolerate that at a football game, and especially the players, which is really their part time job. Completely unacceptable. No one would, could, or should disagree. Banter fine, abuse never.

Having acknowledged this has taken place, surely if you know Auchinleck talbot were filming the game then I am assuming you have been in contact with them to obtain full footage which might show the culprit.  

A quiet word for something like this is disgusting.  Bans should be handed out without doubt.  I think it would also be appropriate of the club to put out an apology on the matter and condemn the behaviour of the darvel fans involved.   

The quiet word simply isn’t good enough.  The issue needs addressed 

So let’s get back onto Darvel topic.

I am fully aware not everyone will be aware of a lot of this but let’s get it all out in the open.
I was first made aware of this forum when someone out my name and basically my address in here for trying to help the club.

Why did I offer to help the club?
Because the people behind the scenes (despite what you have been told) are the most amazing and gracious and hard working people you will ever find. They inspired me to offer. Nothing more.

I’m a clown, I’m a knob, it’s my way or no way, I see have been said and I am the new chairman. I have already said it but for the hard of thinking . . . . I have not and have never been a chairman. I’m not even really on the committee!

If I was a clown I would work for a circus. If I was a lunatic I would be in an asylum. But no one asks - what did you do when you worked for Kilmarnock, or what part did you play in the buffs. I just know nothing. Don’t get me wrong that was a very very long time ago and things change. But it’s all about my time in the circus (which just in case anyone only reads that line, I never have).

And as far as being egomaniacal, I’m sure the definition doesn’t say “someone who really doesn’t like being front and centre”. But everyone has a view. My view is and has always been from the background.

Twice I have come on here, and twice it has been to put the record straight because of lies being told about the club, but this time it’s about me.

See when my wife feels she can’t walk the village that has been home for over 30 years because of lies being told, the line is crossed. So I have said I will nurse it through to the summer and that’s it. I won’t be back. Like others who have walked away though, I would NEVER bitch and moan about things from the sidelines. I’m either in to help or I’ll stay away to save any further drama. I won’t tell people not to support the club, I won’t spread rubbish and conspiracy nonsense  that people don’t know what they are doing, and I certainly won’t name and shame and have trial by social media when lies are being blatantly told.

People are being portrayed as villains at the club when they muck in and don’t chuck their toys out the pram when they don’t get their way. I have no idea what went on before, and to be honest it’s none of my business, but some of the crap spouted on here is ridiculous - and the fact that it is even believed is amazing.

Someone will inevitably call me a liar or a clown but what I have not been is a chairman or high heid wan or the new guy taking over.
Please correct me if I am wrong but does taking the club, and returning it to the season tickets holders and members, sound like someone who craves power. To leave it in the hands of the community but with solid finances and a secure future? Does that sound so bad? Should that not be something that is good for the club to add to the contributions of all the volunteers that work hard.

The season ticket holders who HAVE backed and supported the club and rightly complain when something isn’t right, but don’t do it just out of badness. I see someone was asking for an EGM instead of an AGM for those that have Darvel at heart. I don’t tap my chest and look to the sky. I just use what little skills I have to make places better than when I came in. Then hand them back. But what I can tell you that if I had the choice, tapping the chest and bitching from the sidelines because nothing is good enough solely because they are no longer involved, is not my way. I cannot say any more time that EVERYTHING will come out in the AGM. I want the members to see what has happened and I can walk away after that. I have NEVER said I wanted to stay. Ps the only difference between an EGM and AGM is timing. Doesn’t affect who is invited. Those that have the clubs best interests at heart, and are steeped in its history, should know that because it is in the constitution of the club. If I can read it, and surely they should have, buy a season ticket holder and have your say. Or keep hurting the club and don’t have a say? It’s a choice. 

At the AGM, all points will be evidenced, examined, and be transparent before I leave. Maybe I could have done more good? Maybe that is the reason that a second division club has asked to speak to me. But I won’t tap my chest or kiss the badge. I will just say no, I was only willing to help Darvel FC because I saw what everyone else did behind the scenes, I could, and it was needed.

Sorry if I have crushed anyone’s agendas.

3 minutes ago, Wos-observer said:

Having acknowledged this has taken place, surely if you know Auchinleck talbot were filming the game then I am assuming you have been in contact with them to obtain full footage which might show the culprit.  

A quiet word for something like this is disgusting.  Bans should be handed out without doubt.  I think it would also be appropriate of the club to put out an apology on the matter and condemn the behaviour of the darvel fans involved.   

The quiet word simply isn’t good enough.  The issue needs addressed 

If you think naming and shaming kids and filming them for the world to see is the right thing to do then please you be you. No I haven’t seen the filming, and have no need. An allegation was made and it is being investigated. No whitewash. There will I presume be a statement. I would hope their parents would be equally ashamed and disappointed as you are.
Do I want them to be all over the internet despite their behaviour? No. Do I want it to stop. Yes? 
Do I think the kids should be told it’s not right, rather than plastering all over the internet? Maybe I’m wrong but yes. 
it is never acceptable but I’m not going to ruin a child’s life when it can be put a stop to. But if it can’t stop that’s different.
And I think we can all agree that the behaviour of adults in grounds up and down the country are nothing to be proud of either.

Just now, FHill said:

If you think naming and shaming kids and filming them for the world to see is the right thing to do then please you be you. No I haven’t seen the filming, and have no need. An allegation was made and it is being investigated. No whitewash. There will I presume be a statement. I would hope their parents would be equally ashamed and disappointed as you are.
Do I want them to be all over the internet despite their behaviour? No. Do I want it to stop. Yes? 
Do I think the kids should be told it’s not right, rather than plastering all over the internet? Maybe I’m wrong but yes. 
it is never acceptable but I’m not going to ruin a child’s life when it can be put a stop to. But if it can’t stop that’s different.
And I think we can all agree that the behaviour of adults in grounds up and down the country are nothing to be proud of either.

No one is asking for footage to be released or names released the reason to obtain footage is so the club can punish the correct individuals not s blanket ban on the young fans.  

I do hope the club addresses the matter and a full apology is issued. 

2 hours ago, tyson1909 said:

The boy made a few mistakes early in the season and people just cant let that go. I think he's been improving all the time he's been here and i dont have a problem with him. Mind you, he didnt do himself any favours with the free kick against Hurlford, he must have thought it was going over the bar. We have very unforgiving fans at times and looks like a lot of them have made their mind up about the young lad no matter how well he plays now. 

I would happy keep him for next season look at the stats 

Just now, Talbot supporter said:

I would happy keep him for next season look at the stats 

I would be hoping that Talbot have a permanent goalkeeper next season not a loanee.

I am new to all this (as you say) but I can see that you are not anti one particular club and are completely independent.

“Hearing after benny hill having caused nothing but embarrassment to darvel since his puppet master brought him in that he now realises that he is totally out his depth and won’t continue next season at darvel.  He leaves very much with his tail between his legs and egg on his face.”

So can I rightly now say that since I’ve already stated (twice) I was never staying, had no intention of staying, I don’t have a tail, and if you’ve seen me in person you will have noted that I leave no trace of egg and mayo sandwiches.

1 hour ago, FHill said:

Racist abuse = a quiet word. 

Stay classy! 

As regards Kyle Hutton, whether you agree or not, I chose to stick up for a player who I have actually never spoken to. Why? It was the right thing to do.
if you read the constitutions of the governing bodies, it clearly states that such clauses are invalid and should not be in any loan agreement. The WOS agreed with this. Not my words, theirs.
What the parent club did was send an email through at night in the eve of the game saying he was not to play and they would object. The WOS heard their objection but said the same as above, it was rejected, the clause should never have been in the loan agreement.
How do I know that? I was there. No “but I heard . . . “
Regardless how you feel about different clubs and different players, to ask for a player to be removed from the squad because of a clause that was invalid, should be more of a concern. The player was able to play under the rules, and DESERVED to play. The opposition was irrelevant. I would have more respect if the email actually said everyone should put club interests aside, and Kyle should play. It was taken to a vote and 100% of veryone agreed. You may think that’s a class thing to stick it to a former player, I thought the club should be asked to support the player.

8 minutes ago, PollokGang said:

Racist abuse = a quiet word. 

Stay classy! 

A quiet word with the kid!
We will be putting our apology into both WOS and also Auchinleck, but what I will not do is condemn a child for life. I will allow them to send their own apology along with ours in the hope that lessons can be learned. I’m not a leftie but I don’t want any kid hung drawn and quartered.