Darvel FC Thread

18 minutes ago, beaver watch said:

I'm wondering if Darvel will be pursuing who is responsible for their playing surface. It doesn't look like a good return for the money spent on their upgrade.  

They'll maybe be grateful to them for buying time to get Andy fit and G to serve his suspension before facing Talbot.

19 hours ago, Josuke Higashikata said:

How is it looking weather-wise in Darvel for tomorrow eve? It's wet in Glasgow.

Hope Arnie has had you boys training down the beach this week so you can get to grips with the sand that's been lumped on "Doon the swamp"

1 hour ago, beaver watch said:

Hope Arnie has had you boys training down the beach this week so you can get to grips with the sand that's been lumped on "Doon the swamp"

10s of thousands on a new playing surface to build sand castles!? Sounds about right ✅️ 

Largs deserved to win last night by far the better team in first half and although we came more into it second half apart from a shot hitting underside of the bar we never really troubled their keeper , hard to be too critical as it’s the same players being asked to put in good performances week in week out , the squad at this time of the season was always goi ng to catch us out 

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

Largs deserved to win last night by far the better team in first half and although we came more into it second half apart from a shot hitting underside of the bar we never really troubled their keeper , hard to be too critical as it’s the same players being asked to put in good performances week in week out , the squad at this time of the season was always goi ng to catch us out 

Decent team Largs. They pumped us at Beechwood and lost 1-0.

• 3 weeks later...

I think that’s fair enough. I would be happy my club are investigating, dealing with the authorities, and I presume improving. Did think it strange that an ice cream van was there but that explains it. Should still have had scalding hot beef hoof juice available as that is a must. 👍 

8 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Out of the goodness of their heart they allowed the local ice cream man to turn a coin. A club to be proud of.

Couldn't mark their necks with a blowtorch. 

I can't wait to learn of the outcome of Darvel's rigorous and thorough internal investigation.

22 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Couldn't mark their necks with a blowtorch. 

I can't wait to learn of the outcome of Darvel's rigorous and thorough internal investigation.

Imagine being as bleating as that in an official club post. Take a few minutes to look at what you've written before sending it.