Darvel FC Thread

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

He was the main shirt sponsor at Killie for three years, I don't think you can criticise his willingness to pump money into the club.

He didn’t need to get involved and put money into Darvel though. He fell out with Johnston but he was away when he got involved with Darvel. The money he put into Darvel he could have put into Killie. Getting involved at Darvel was all about John Gall’s ego and his behaviour over recent years has been appalling hence why there will be no sympathy for Darvel’s situation. 

Edited by Rugbyroader

19 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Darvel reeked of entitlement from the start. Gall is an arrogant toerag and so is Kennedy. Shame for the Darvel guys that have attended for decades. Whenever the media describes your club as ambitious you should be jumping ship pronto

Wasn’t just Gall and Kennedy. The players, coaching staff and others involved at the club were all arrogant. The speed of the implosion has been dramatic. There has to be something going on rather than simply failing to have a cup run. 

You have to wonder whether Kennedy was funding the players wages in cash from Los Pollos Hermanos given that a number of them have followed him to EK. 

Edited by Rugbyroader

8 minutes ago, Rugbyroader said:

He didn’t need to get involved and put money into Darvel though. He fell out with Johnston but he was away when he got involved with Darvel. The money he put into Darvel he could have put into Killie. Getting involved at Darvel was all about John Gall’s ego and his behaviour over recent years has been appalling hence why there will be no sympathy for Darvel’s situation. 

I find him an egotist and a general gobshite as well, but it's his money to do what he wants with. He's still put a lot of money into Killie over that period, and if he wants to stick some into another local club as well then I think that's fine. The issues are about his actions and personality, not where his money goes.

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

Yet they still splashed the cash on the ex Talbot boys and the Cumnock striker. Doesn't add up. No club seriously budgets for cup runs.

The players that were signed were bought with the transfer fees that came in! 

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I find him an egotist and a general gobshite as well, but it's his money to do what he wants with. He's still put a lot of money into Killie over that period, and if he wants to stick some into another local club as well then I think that's fine. The issues are about his actions and personality, not where his money goes.

Craig. He has been a Killie fan for decades. You don’t suddenly become involved at another club unless it is an ego driven project. What has he achieved through his involvement? The facilities are better but there is no fanbase and now that the bubble has burst there won’t be going forward. It is his money to do as he sees fit but I struggle to see why given he was a Killie fan he couldn’t find a way of putting money into the club like funding youth football or whatever. Brownings got good profile from the shirt sponsorship. Much better return than he got from being involved at Darvel. 

Edited by Rugbyroader

Wonder what mouth piece Gall will say when this all goes tits up!? Having a dig a Talbot etc when winning the league only to end up with egg on his face when they lost the play off, now it's obvious they're headed for lower league obscurity.

It's any wonder people have zero sympathy for the club given who's been at the helm but it's the loyal fans u genuinely feel for here.

Got to laugh at the comments on the Darvel Facebook.  The statement asks for people with new ideas to come forward and that they are inclusive and welcoming however reading the comments they basically say they don’t want certain people involved in the club, no doubt because they aren’t nodding dogs and may disagree.  

1 hour ago, fieldsofdreams said:

Got to laugh at the comments on the Darvel Facebook.  The statement asks for people with new ideas to come forward and that they are inclusive and welcoming however reading the comments they basically say they don’t want certain people involved in the club, no doubt because they aren’t nodding dogs and may disagree.  

Asking for new ideas is code for "we're effin clueless".

11 hours ago, Rugbyroader said:

...You have to wonder whether Kennedy was funding the players wages in cash from Los Pollos Hermanos given that a number of them have followed him to EK. 

Does look increasingly like Kennedy was the main money source and it was him that viewed SPFL entry as the goal more than the pie man. Best you can say is that they don't appear to have left the club taking the hit financially when they lost interest. The facilities that were built will also still be there in the years ahead as well.

2 hours ago, fieldsofdreams said:

Plenty of people ex committee and new folk with an interest in Darvel willing to help but unfortunately not with Mr Gall, and he made it abundantly clear it was his way or no way previously.

7 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Like him or loathe him, I believe JG had the best of intentions, but he somehow managed to alienate , and rub a lot of people up the wrong way.  

Running a one horse town club like it was in the spfl championship - he deserves everything he gets im afraid. His intentions were ill advised and In the end it became a battle between him and Kennedy for self promotion. The soldier of love won then abandoned ship. Gall is now looking for his own way out: 

49 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Like him or loathe him, I believe JG had the best of intentions, but he somehow managed to alienate , and rub a lot of people up the wrong way.  

It’s a skill that few successful club owners have. As a Killie fan I’m glad he has never managed to get any power at the club. I’m happy for him to contribute financially as I am for any other fan that wants to help out but wouldn’t want him involved in decision making or representing the club given his antics at Darvel. 

Edited by Rugbyroader

27 minutes ago, Rugbyroader said:

It’s a skill that few successful club owners have. As a Killie fan I’m glad he has never managed to get any power at the club. I’m happy for him to contribute financially as I am for any other fan that wants to help out but wouldn’t want him involved in decision making or representing the club given his antics at Darvel. 

So happy to take his money but you can't stand the guy ?