Darvel FC Thread

Thought the weekends game had the potential to be a banana skin however the team didn't disappoint, first half was fairly even however one horse race in second half. Can't see past us for the cup now and I am sure they'll be an added incentive added for the players as a going away present from JG. Personally I would want Talbot in the semis, just given their experience and level of support in finals I would be comfortable beating them over 2 legs no issues however in a one off game in a cup we have little experience in I would be more worried. 

Without a doubt we are by far the stronger side however not sure how we are against the talbot scottish cup winning machine. 

Arthurlie or Johnston Burgh would happily take them in the final I don't see any of them being able to compete with us.

4 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

On a sad note gutted to hear auld Tam Kerr has passed away, legend of the club. Knew he hadn't been in great health for some time. True Darvel man

One of the old guard from Neil McPhersons time.

Can't see past us for the cup now and I am sure they'll be an added incentive added for the players as a going away present from JG.

so NOW you want JG to dig into his pockets when all you’ve done is slate him for doing exactly that!

I wasn’t going to comment anymore as your 💩 is just bitterness but that just shows you can change like the wind if it suits your agenda.

You don’t know anything about committees of old, you hate the current committee, but you know the detailed finances of the club and wages of players. . . . 

I’m now thinking if you are looking for a golden goodbye from JG, does that mean that you may actually be one of those that would benefit financially??? 🤔🤔🤔

Edited by GIRUU

14 minutes ago, GIRUU said:

Can't see past us for the cup now and I am sure they'll be an added incentive added for the players as a going away present from JG.

so NOW you want JG to dig into his pockets when all you’ve done is slate him for doing exactly that!

I wasn’t going to comment anymore as your 💩 is just bitterness but that just shows you can change like the wind if it suits your agenda.

You don’t know anything about committees of old, you hate the current committee, but you know the detailed finances of the club and wages of players. . . . 

I’m now thinking if you are looking for a golden goodbye from JG, does that mean that you may actually be one of those that would benefit financially??? 🤔🤔🤔

I can’t see anyone benefitting financially when John goes.

2 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

I can’t see anyone benefitting financially when John goes.

Wouldn’t have thought so either - but rhubarb can’t say on the one hand his hatred of JG and his deep pockets but then basically ask for a financial incentive before he goes. Something doesn’t smell right to me and it’s not only his 💩.

6 minutes ago, beaver watch said:

Darvel v Johnstone Burgh. The club that fecked pyramid football with crazy wages v The club that's now fecking pyramid football with crazy wages derby.

That's right because no one previously got paid for playing all done it for the love 

14 hours ago, GIRUU said:

Wouldn’t have thought so either - but rhubarb can’t say on the one hand his hatred of JG and his deep pockets but then basically ask for a financial incentive before he goes. Something doesn’t smell right to me and it’s not only his 💩.

No hatred towards JG, I have stated before if he leaves us in a position to honour the wages of the players signed under his watch and also leave us debt free having vastly improved the infrustructure then there won't be any complaints. 

On the other hand if we are landed with a debt we cant pay and players we cant pay when he leaves then you have to view his tenure differently.

1 hour ago, rhubarb1974 said:

No hatred towards JG, I have stated before if he leaves us in a position to honour the wages of the players signed under his watch and also leave us debt free having vastly improved the infrustructure then there won't be any complaints. 

On the other hand if we are landed with a debt we cant pay and players we cant pay when he leaves then you have to view his tenure differently.

But JG doesn’t pay the wages you said on a previous post he only invested in the infrastructure ? 

Hi I’m Rhubarb, I’ve never had a nice word to say about you JG but dig deep into your pocket one last time 😂😂 what a clown

Edited by ClubFan87

It appears you're quite vocal about both Pollok and Darvel matters……funny that

However, when it comes to addressing questions about the earlier days or committee of Darvel, your responses seem limited due to lack of knowledge.

It seems you've prioritised aligning with DL on Darvel-related matters, clearly influencing your better judgment.

If we were to look into the future, it seems your username might be better suited as Cathkin_68...

1 hour ago, ClubFan87 said:

But JG doesn’t pay the wages you said on a previous post he only invested in the infrastructure ? 

Hi I’m Rhubarb, I’ve never had a nice word to say about you JG but dig deep into your pocket one last time 😂😂 what a clown

N o what I said was JG always said he wasn't paying wages etc...he is on numerous interviews stating this that's why i couldn't understand why after years of claiming to be only paying for infrastructure improvement and the club being totally self sustainable why do we have financial concern now MK away?

56 minutes ago, Tom10 said:

It appears you're quite vocal about both Pollok and Darvel matters……funny that

However, when it comes to addressing questions about the earlier days or committee of Darvel, your responses seem limited due to lack of knowledge.

It seems you've prioritised aligning with DL on Darvel-related matters, clearly influencing your better judgment.

If we were to look into the future, it seems your username might be better suited as Cathkin_68...

No lack of knowledge, opinions are my own based on the facts presented.

Has JG on numerous interviews stated he wasn't funding players/wages? YES/NO

Has JG said on numerous occasions that he was only funding infrastructure improvements? YES/NO

Has JG said on numerous occasions he and the committee set the budget for the year and the manager works to it? YES/NO

Has JG said Darvel were run on a self sustainable manner and if he was to leave there wou;d be no funding issues? YES/NO

I had a post about Neill McPherson the other day when someone mentioned him and gave him a good write up mentioning at times he was literally doing everything and I wished he was willing to stay on in some role within the club however through his own choice he just wanted out, not blaming JG for ousting him etc...it was simply a case of he had enough and run his course. 

I also paid tribute to Auld Tam the other day, great guy and true Darvel man, proper old school junior football man and sadly a breed almost all gone. I am not saying that change isnt good however for me football at thi level shouldn't be about signing a player on £800/week etc...I prefer it being about the community the likes of Auld Tam Kerr who do things through passion and love of the club. Build a fan base and a full community round the club and make it the heart of the community. 

Being honest the division amongst fans is terrible, unless there is a ceasefire, I fear the worst unless someone else is going to come in and plough money into the club. Outwith Gartcairn and St Cadocs, we must have the lowest home attendances as well as away support of any team. That is why we need everyone behind the club and not in two camps. I suspect the newbies that are on the committee will be gone within a matter of seasons if they last that long, may last a season or two so they can say we were there after JG left. Who realistically is going to be the figure head of the club? That I genuinely don't know, realistically there needs to be someone that knows this level. Does Colin Boyd come into the fold however that brings its own baggage. 

This just goes from bad to worse. Just for a laugh go over your constant 💩 from the past year to see you’ve contradicted yourself almost every post. Delusional as well as bitter.

you must be going to different games than me. I’m only at home games but the atmosphere has been great and especially on Saturday there. No complaints from me or anyone else I spoke to.

You say not blaming JG for ousting Neil suggesting that was the case to imply it was. But you then say Neil walked away. Which one?

You mention wages again? And you want JG to stump up money to incentive the players and management to win the cup? It’s just drivel. No one wants you here and even the ones that have been critical are not associating with you. Stay away. You are just poison. 

You didn’t answer my question on whether YOU were one of those looking to benefit financially? 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Has JG said on numerous occasions that he was only funding infrastructure improvements? YES/NO

- has there been infrastructure improvements YES

Has JG said on numerous occasions he and the committee set the budget for the year and the manager works to it? YES/NO

Would there be a budget? I would likely think so YES

Has JG said Darvel were run on a self sustainable manner and if he was to leave there wou;d be no funding issues? YES/NO

Has JG said there would be funding issues when he leaves NO.

On you go just for a laugh tell us who you are and how you are going to make a quick buck from JG with your incentives for the cup win 

19 hours ago, GIRUU said:

This just goes from bad to worse. Just for a laugh go over your constant 💩 from the past year to see you’ve contradicted yourself almost every post. Delusional as well as bitter.

you must be going to different games than me. I’m only at home games but the atmosphere has been great and especially on Saturday there. No complaints from me or anyone else I spoke to.

You say not blaming JG for ousting Neil suggesting that was the case to imply it was. But you then say Neil walked away. Which one?

You mention wages again? And you want JG to stump up money to incentive the players and management to win the cup? It’s just drivel. No one wants you here and even the ones that have been critical are not associating with you. Stay away. You are just poison. 

You didn’t answer my question on whether YOU were one of those looking to benefit financially? 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

- has there been infrastructure improvements YES

Would there be a budget? I would likely think so YES

Has JG said Darvel were run on a self sustainable manner and if he was to leave there wou;d be no funding issues? YES/NO

Has JG said there would be funding issues when he leaves NO.

On you go just for a laugh tell us who you are and how you are going to make a quick buck from JG with your incentives for the cup win 

Unsure how anyone other than JG can benefit financially when he leaves, if he leaves a trail of debt, no longer his problem, so struggling to understand your point. I can't see any way in which I or anyone else would benefit financially from the club, other than the players and possibly one or two others that get a couple of hours paid on match days, I don't believe to my knowledge we have staff as such? Unsure if you are making a statement like that to try and deflect from the question I asked. Can you advise in any way I could benefit financially from the club? JG benefits by no longer putting money into the club via brownings as a tax write off, looking at brownings books cash in bank/hand has fallen significantly on the last set of accounts, 

Has JG always said Darvel were self sufficient and not relying on him? To answer for you, Yes is the answer. As such there should be no funding when he leaves? Self sufficient after all? 

If JG only invested in the infrastructure, then all the infrastructure we really need is there now. yes we were promised a stand etc...I really am not bothered by that as I don't see the value of it for a club our size at the moment. Once he goes with the improvements he has made and giving the fact we've been told all along we are self sufficient, we shouldn't have an issue paying players or keep buying at the rate we did as after all that was all money the club generated from gate receipts, advertising boards, lottery etc...?