Darvel FC Thread

19 minutes ago, Ben10 said:

Wee Tony only won wan meaningful game against Talbot in his puff. 

He’ll no sleep easy, heard Dervels new committee in waiting planning changes. Tony no be there regardless. 

Talbot Burgh final. We always seem to end up playing these mercenaries. There’s no wan managed to get the long term better of The Bot. 
Without bankruptin there selves. 

Brilliant that’s a new one on me.

not quite sure who the new committee in waiting could be as surely they would have to be voted in at the agm - which hasn’t happened yet!!🔮 what’s the lottery numbers this week mate 🤯

10 hours ago, Ben10 said:

Wee Tony only won wan meaningful game against Talbot in his puff. 

He’ll no sleep easy, heard Dervels new committee in waiting planning changes. Tony no be there regardless. 

Talbot Burgh final. We always seem to end up playing these mercenaries. There’s no wan managed to get the long term better of The Bot. 
Without bankruptin there selves. 

If Tony does go, I hope it is his own decision based on what it has cost previous teams to get rid of him. 

I am not Tony's biggest fan, that said I think he has done some job under the circumstances, I won't critisise him for that. I actually think we are a better watch this season and players seem more club focused that they have the past couple of seasons. 

2 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

If Tony does go, I hope it is his own decision based on what it has cost previous teams to get rid of him. 

I am not Tony's biggest fan, that said I think he has done some job under the circumstances, I won't critisise him for that. I actually think we are a better watch this season and players seem more club focused that they have the past couple of seasons. 

The ex Talbot factor at play there.

3 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

R u slagging pep Kennedys style of play??? That's u banned fae his chicken shops(that r never open anyway)

Mon the papers

24 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

R u slagging pep Kennedys style of play??? That's u banned fae his chicken shops(that r never open anyway)

Mon the papers

Speaking of which, are there any "soldiers of love" remaining in the team from the Aberdeen win?

37 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Mon the papers

I personally wouldn't use his restaurant, just not my taste/thing. Lot of people rave about them. Nothing against MK I probably am just not the targeted market. Couldn't comment about when they are or are not open as I don't frequent them. I would imagine if I went in one I would be more than welcome. 

For the record, just when you mention Pep, I am also not the biggest fan of watching Man City, I personally prefer to see quicker attacks, the occasional diagonal ball and sometimes the odd long ball, Pep style of play is to walk the ball into the goal, lot of possession based football and I dare say MK would be looking at Pep who has an outstanding record and seeing what tips he can pick up. I personally prefer end to end stuff and quicker flowing football. 

Pep has his tactics that clearly works, MK has his that have served him well. Style of play in football is purely preference, currently I am preferring watching Darvel under Tony (which I never thought I'd say) as oppose to under MK. 

As a manager and what he achieved as a manager I have huge respect for MK so it isn't a dig at all, as mentioned style of play is an individual preference. 

I do think there is better characters around the dressing room this season, @jimbaxters did mention the Talbot factor and I dare say that is true to an extent. Leishman/Wilson have been winners all their careers, you can argue that players brought in under MK played at higher level however one thing they lacked at time and probably due to the careers they had was the win at all cost mentality. They weren't players with extensive honors other than bigger name clubs. 

5 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

I would agree with you that the style of play this year has been an easier watch with the ball getting into forward areas quicker, Micks philosophy is great but at times the ball is passed to death, don’t get me wrong it’s great to watch when there is an end product but I’ve been used to “ Junior “ football and it’s all about getting the ball forward. Talbot are the masters at it.

16 hours ago, Ben10 said:

Wylie a the famous lottery wull be back. Mark my words. 

No he won’t mate , when things went tits up this season financially I along with plenty others would have put plenty and I mean plenty into the club , gall never even answered which is fine so that ship has sailed , the committee can now come up with ideas that can keep darvel amongst the top 6 teams in the country , this isn’t a project for 1 person it needs plenty being involved and everybody in it together in my opinion 

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

No he won’t mate , when things went tits up this season financially I along with plenty others would have put plenty and I mean plenty into the club , gall never even answered which is fine so that ship has sailed , the committee can now come up with ideas that can keep darvel amongst the top 6 teams in the country , this isn’t a project for 1 person it needs plenty being involved and everybody in it together in my opinion 

Hibs will be shitting themselves with Darvel looking to finish top 6!

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

No he won’t mate , when things went tits up this season financially

Not sure how things have went tits up financially? Tighter maybe yes, not tits up, as no fire sales and as I keep saying to the ever changing personalities that is rhubarb, lights are on, players are playing, ovens are still on, plenty of drink behind the bar, back room team still there, and they are still progressing. I don’t care what anyone says, if a player isn’t getting paid he won’t burst a gut and I just don’t see it. I see everyone pulling together on the park and as a former (but really bad) player I know from experience that you can tell instantly if a player is pissed about something with their body language. I’m presuming that the wages are the main thing so if they are getting paid then where’s the disaster? 

Can’t see anything going tits up unless you know otherwise?

Darvel are oan the wiy backwards. 
Syme an Leishman be away’ for money in tha summer. 4th this year 8th next. 1st division loomin! 

Happens tae teams who try take take the crown of the well run AT.
Throwing money gets you there. Need sustainable planning tae stay there. 

1 hour ago, GIRUU said:

Not sure how things have went tits up financially? Tighter maybe yes, not tits up, as no fire sales and as I keep saying to the ever changing personalities that is rhubarb, lights are on, players are playing, ovens are still on, plenty of drink behind the bar, back room team still there, and they are still progressing. I don’t care what anyone says, if a player isn’t getting paid he won’t burst a gut and I just don’t see it. I see everyone pulling together on the park and as a former (but really bad) player I know from experience that you can tell instantly if a player is pissed about something with their body language. I’m presuming that the wages are the main thing so if they are getting paid then where’s the disaster? 

Can’t see anything going tits up unless you know otherwise?

Well the plug has been pulled from jg so that’s a massive hole in budget and I agree the players must be getting paid as no one has downed tools 

8 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

The ship sailed a long time ago for you and your pals. Don’t try and kid on it’s on your terms now 🤣🤣🤣

You’ve no got plenty to put it let’s not be kidded or you would have done previously. You were there for JG’s money and you and your pals got found out. 

Keep selling those mortgages and maybe one day you’ll be able to sponsor a player.. 

Edited by ClubFan87

12 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Well the plug has been pulled from jg so that’s a massive hole in budget and I agree the players must be getting paid as no one has downed tools 

I get that but it’s not tits up if everything getting paid and to be run tighter. I have no problem with that. But glad you can see that in the players the same as me.

You will have seen before that I try and stick to what I can see myself and rumours just get everyone into bother but the one that keeps getting banded about is that JG handed you the keys and said it was yours to put money into and you said no. I was only a semi-youngster at that point. Might be true might not be true but would the way to call his bluff be to go to him now if leaving anyway and says here’s £x amount I’ll take it off your hands if you feel you could run it better?

if you have plenty of money to go in I’m sure the fans would agree surely?

2 minutes ago, GIRUU said:

I get that but it’s not tits up if everything getting paid and to be run tighter. I have no problem with that. But glad you can see that in the players the same as me.

You will have seen before that I try and stick to what I can see myself and rumours just get everyone into bother but the one that keeps getting banded about is that JG handed you the keys and said it was yours to put money into and you said no. I was only a semi-youngster at that point. Might be true might not be true but would the way to call his bluff be to go to him now if leaving anyway and says here’s £x amount I’ll take it off your hands if you feel you could run it better?

if you have plenty of money to go in I’m sure the fans would agree surely?

Mate that’s exactly what happened and I won’t go into things publicly on why It happened , he knows and so do I , now since then I’ve not spoken one word to him but when the statement  went out about the club in bother I messaged him to say I would help out with other guys who wanted to invest in the club and as I say it was a substantial figure and I never got a reply 

Fair enough. But if you were that worried about the club why say no to the offer to take the keys and take over when offered to you for nothing?

as long as the gates stay open I’m happy but can you not do something more official and put something official in like in a house purchase offer to JG. I’m sure he would appreciate some money back and the fans would appreciate money coming in?