Darvel FC Thread

As I’m watching the athletics this is the analogy that springs to mind. For the last few seasons Clydebank are 10k runners entering a marathon. Off quickly but wonder why they’re being overtake by the masses as they’ve nothing left at the end. Darvel and Talbot now have a real chance but it’s still Beith’s to lose. 

4 hours ago, Shanner said:

the bold rhubarb survives. 

Still alive yet, I said weeks ago bankies lack bottle.  Can the Bankies salvage anything of the season, they have 2 games to play St Cadocs and couple other tough matches. I don’t care what anyone says, if Clydebank don’t win the league it has been a disaster of a season for them. 

We still have one of best 1-11s in the league and still in with a real chance of the league however we need to be lucky with injuries and suspensions for it to be possible for us to win the league as we don’t have the same depth as other teams.  

I personally never thought we’d be in this position giving issues behind the scenes however credit to mcinally for how he’s settled the ship.  

Having seen pictures of the pitch last night I was surprised how bad it was so unsure what the issues were. Although I have seen it in better condition I don’t think Clydebank could blame surface for their failings as it was night and day from how it looked yesterday.   

Talbot confirmed that the game at Beechwood is not a ticket match, £10/£5 free entry to u12s when accompanied by full paying adults. 

I believe Talbot's capacity is around 3500 ours for the game is 1200. I believe the minimum allocation we can give Talbot is 25% which will be 300/900 split of tickets less however many need reserved for committee etc...

It will be interesting to see how it works as Talbot are saying their leg is pay at gate only, pre bought tickets are not being recongnised. We currently have tickets for away leg on sale. 

I believe segregation in place for this game, I was told by a Talbot fan it will be the same as what they had in place at weekend, looking at their graphics from the weekend I am assuming we will have the goal opposite the changing room end that full area all the way round to the main stand so still decent areas to stand and watch. Don't think we can grumble at that. 

45 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Is the Darvel leg all ticket then?

As far as I know they are making it yes. 1200 is not unrealistic to be a sell out so can see Darvel leg being sold out, don't think it will get to the capacity at Beechwood as I think that is 3500?

IMO shouldn't be pre bought tickets, should be pay at gate with an agreement of away allocation reserved. 

Our inexperience in procedures is very apparent when you look at the ticket carry on, we started selling tickets for a game at Beechwood when no communication had taken place between the two clubs over tickets etc...I am led to believe our committee is meeting the SJFA on Wednesday, surely we would have been better waiting until we had actually had a meeting before jumping the gun? 

Comments on our facebook page about it being chaos without tickets which JG has liked, if there is one team that have had experience in dealing with big crowds over the years it is Talbot they are well oiled when it comes to operating on match days. Should we not be communicating better between our opposition and the SJFA before ending up with egg on our face. 

We are now selling tickets direct to Talbot fans for the away end, surely if we are keeping it all ticket event whatever allocation we are giving Talbot surely we'd be better passing the tickets to them and get them to sort their away tickets? The recent couple of posts on facebook seem very unprofessional and toys out the pram. 

It just strikes me that there has been zero communication from Darvel to either the opposition or SJFA. That said if we never turned up to the SJFA AGM at start of the season no wonder we are in the dark and looking like idiots. 

2 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Our inexperience in procedures is very apparent when you look at the ticket carry on, we started selling tickets for a game at Beechwood when no communication had taken place between the two clubs over tickets etc...I am led to believe our committee is meeting the SJFA on Wednesday, surely we would have been better waiting until we had actually had a meeting before jumping the gun? 

Comments on our facebook page about it being chaos without tickets which JG has liked, if there is one team that have had experience in dealing with big crowds over the years it is Talbot they are well oiled when it comes to operating on match days. Should we not be communicating better between our opposition and the SJFA before ending up with egg on our face. 

We are now selling tickets direct to Talbot fans for the away end, surely if we are keeping it all ticket event whatever allocation we are giving Talbot surely we'd be better passing the tickets to them and get them to sort their away tickets? The recent couple of posts on facebook seem very unprofessional and toys out the pram. 

It just strikes me that there has been zero communication from Darvel to either the opposition or SJFA. That said if we never turned up to the SJFA AGM at start of the season no wonder we are in the dark and looking like idiots. 

It must be hard when you don’t get your own way because you know everything. So I’m presuming you were at the agm? You just seem to be trolling without actually knowing anything.

I’m guessing there were reasons for being ticketed - planning, cash handling, catering, stewarding, police, segregation. And like I said before I asked through the Facebook page why it was all ticket to be told that was the request from SJFA. So if talbot are just doing cash on the night and no tickets then something has changed.  

Toys out the pram . . . .you should know. I bet you were slobbering at the chops this morning to get your 💩 ready for throwing. So by saying that ticket sales for auchinleck away will be refunded as only cash gates is being unprofessional? Or is it returning money as quickly as possible after finding out the situation had changed?

Stating that auchinleck end would be all ticket is sour grapes again is absolutely ridiculous. Given the history, planning, segregation, stewarding etc. it is a very sensible way of doing it. I would feel more comfortable taking my wee one along knowing that it was ticket only, less queues, and better planning. But rhubarb know best.

ooooh JG has liked a post. Get a grip son. Wee snowflake that you are. Imagine the controversy!

Do you know there’s a meeting on Wednesday, are you going? Sounds like you know better than everybody else again so I’ll defer to your wisdom. Do you know there was no communication between talbot and Darvel? Are you talbot in disguise?

Maybe they did maybe they didn’t but if you hate Darvel as your posts say you do but professing love for the club, you are better off going to talbot as you obviously don’t like any other club especially Darvel and Clydebank and EK for some reason.

Although maybe you work for the council or the SFA as you know minutes, discussions, attendances, capacities. Must be great to be you. 

So you know the capacity for the game and also the rules and regulations for the split. You are the man 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. I’ve said it before, on behalf of most proper fans that support unconditionally you take your 💩 and get tae. The team don’t need your nonsense. 🤔🤔🤔

I believe Talbot's capacity is around 3500 ours for the game is 1200. I believe the minimum allocation we can give Talbot is 25% which will be 300/900 split of tickets 

6 minutes ago, GIRUU said:

It must be hard when you don’t get your own way because you know everything. So I’m presuming you were at the agm? You just seem to be trolling without actually knowing anything.

I’m guessing there were reasons for being ticketed - planning, cash handling, catering, stewarding, police, segregation. And like I said before I asked through the Facebook page why it was all ticket to be told that was the request from SJFA. So if talbot are just doing cash on the night and no tickets then something has changed.  

Toys out the pram . . . .you should know. I bet you were slobbering at the chops this morning to get your 💩 ready for throwing. So by saying that ticket sales for auchinleck away will be refunded as only cash gates is being unprofessional? Or is it returning money as quickly as possible after finding out the situation had changed?

Stating that auchinleck end would be all ticket is sour grapes again is absolutely ridiculous. Given the history, planning, segregation, stewarding etc. it is a very sensible way of doing it. I would feel more comfortable taking my wee one along knowing that it was ticket only, less queues, and better planning. But rhubarb know best.

ooooh JG has liked a post. Get a grip son. Wee snowflake that you are. Imagine the controversy!

Do you know there’s a meeting on Wednesday, are you going? Sounds like you know better than everybody else again so I’ll defer to your wisdom. Do you know there was no communication between talbot and Darvel? Are you talbot in disguise?

Maybe they did maybe they didn’t but if you hate Darvel as your posts say you do but professing love for the club, you are better off going to talbot as you obviously don’t like any other club especially Darvel and Clydebank and EK for some reason.

Although maybe you work for the council or the SFA as you know minutes, discussions, attendances, capacities. Must be great to be you. 

So you know the capacity for the game and also the rules and regulations for the split. You are the man 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. I’ve said it before, on behalf of most proper fans that support unconditionally you take your 💩 and get tae. The team don’t need your nonsense. 🤔🤔🤔

I believe Talbot's capacity is around 3500 ours for the game is 1200. I believe the minimum allocation we can give Talbot is 25% which will be 300/900 split of tickets 

JG had told me himself at start of season they had missed the SJFA so I am sure you can check with him or the other committee members, we never had any representation there. 

The clubs know the capacity of the ground, they will know how many each side will be given as an allocation. When you read what Talbot have put out they are giving us a fair area so I don't see us being limited with tickets when we visit there. Was there a meeting with both clubs? Was there a meeting with the SJFA? My understanding is the committee will meet with the SJFA on Wednesday, again I am sure someone will correct me on this if that isn't the case however given it was a committee man that told me I would say it would be unlikely to be incorrect? And no I won't be there, I am a fan I am not on committee. 

Unsure what age you are however was 2 when we last reached the final of the Scottish, I must admit my involvement or memory of that day is non existent. Talbot unlike us have had these games for years, although I am the first one to have a go at Talbot, there isn't a more organized club at our level for these types of games, being honest I don't think there would be any shame in our committee discussing with theirs what the best way to manage the games like this are. Yes we had Aberdeen and Falkirk but other than that there isn't many other games with the same level of interest as this. 

I have supported Darvel all my days, I think it is important that we as a club take advice from other clubs who are better placed and more experienced than us to give advice. It isn't asking how to run a club it is as simple as a bit of dialouge - how would you manage this situation, what is the best practice for this or that. 

I don't like Clydebank, I don't deny that. Nothing against EK and I personally have a lot of time for MK, as a club EK don't interest me but certainly nothing against them nor have I ever slated them? 

Wait and see the outcome of the meeting, I would think that as minimum there will be 25% to Talbot. Split of gate is definitely 60% SJFA and 40% Home

4 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

An absolute piece of nonsense that any of the two games are all ticket , no need for it whatsoever 

Giving that the SJFA are taking the lion share of the money, I would guarantee they'll have people watching the gates. I don't see there being a crowd of 3500 at Beechwood, I do however think 1200 at recreation could be a sell out. 

I am sure the fans that haven't been seen since the Falkirk game will be out in force right enough. 

It looks like we have the full stand behind the goals then all the way round to their main stand, I don't think we can grumble at that. The other good thing about Beechwood is you are right on top of the play, it isn't like our cemetery end where you need 20/20 vision to see the goals. If they are giving us the areas they said we are getting then I am more than happy with that. I know I typically stand near the away dug out however we are getting a good area to take.

I noticed before the Hurlford game social club was members only, never seen anything on their page for cumnock game, unsure if we get access to the social club or not. I personally like grounds with a social club so would be good to use it. 

Just now, rhubarb1974 said:

Giving that the SJFA are taking the lion share of the money, I would guarantee they'll have people watching the gates. I don't see there being a crowd of 3500 at Beechwood, I do however think 1200 at recreation could be a sell out. 

I am sure the fans that haven't been seen since the Falkirk game will be out in force right enough. 

It looks like we have the full stand behind the goals then all the way round to their main stand, I don't think we can grumble at that. The other good thing about Beechwood is you are right on top of the play, it isn't like our cemetery end where you need 20/20 vision to see the goals. If they are giving us the areas they said we are getting then I am more than happy with that. I know I typically stand near the away dug out however we are getting a good area to take.

I noticed before the Hurlford game social club was members only, never seen anything on their page for cumnock game, unsure if we get access to the social club or not. I personally like grounds with a social club so would be good to use it. 

We played talbot on a Monday night a few years back and there was more at that game than what was at the Aberdeen or Falkirk match and it was a fantastic 2-2 draw , no need for tickets for them at all , in fact I’d be encouraging them to turn up in their hundreds 

I sent out the emails to all 4 semi-finalists on behalf of the SJFA.

There is no mention nor instruction from the SJFA that any of the games are to be ALL-TICKET.

12 minutes ago, Kennie said:

I sent out the emails to all 4 semi-finalists on behalf of the SJFA.

There is no mention nor instruction from the SJFA that any of the games are to be ALL-TICKET.

Oh dear  what a shambles from us again 

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

We played talbot on a Monday night a few years back and there was more at that game than what was at the Aberdeen or Falkirk match and it was a fantastic 2-2 draw , no need for tickets for them at all , in fact I’d be encouraging them to turn up in their hundreds 

Brilliant 👏👏👏👏👏👏

On 26/02/2024 at 21:20, GIRUU said:

Are you ready the same info as I am? As we already know you are better informed that the committee or anyone else so maybe you know something no one else at the club knows . . . . 

Must be better informed or just happen to know the rules and not just try and dictate how things are to run.  

We have been embarrassed here.  You’ll not see it that way. Blinkers on as usual.