Darvel FC Thread

16 minutes ago, coistysgoldenboots said:

Excuse my lack of knowledge here, but is it the case that Mick Kennedy played a huge role in getting Oliver the manager’s gig?

Don't think it was ever confirmed (and doubt it ever will) but it was well known that Tony McInally was on his way out at Darvel and Mick Oliver was coming in several weeks prior to Tony being sacked and there was certainly no love lost between Tony and Mick Kennedy over comments made so I dont think it takes a lot of mental gymnastics to get to that the above potentially being the case!

Edited by Arthurlie1981

23 minutes ago, Westy1 said:

Oliver is out his depth here. 

Just watched his interview, Lose 3 games and the excuses around losing players and other teams budgets come out again. Absolute no responsibility taken, his recruitment has not been good enough.

What I didn’t get was him and his back room team having a Blether for a good 5 minutes at half time after getting a complete doing in the first half whilst the players were in dressing room 

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

What I didn’t get was him and his back room team having a Blether for a good 5 minutes at half time after getting a complete doing in the first half whilst the players were in dressing room 

Coaching badges and only played amateur.  No Knowledge of the level.  I think he’s out his depth.  

Zero responsibility from him or Broadfoot.  I think you have to question their morals as well.  There was a lot went on behind the scenes that Ashfield never knew about and McInally wasn’t meant to know about.  

9 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

Coaching badges and only played amateur.  No Knowledge of the level.  I think he’s out his depth.  

Zero responsibility from him or Broadfoot.  I think you have to question their morals as well.  There was a lot went on behind the scenes that Ashfield never knew about and McInally wasn’t meant to know about.  

He must be surely trying to sign 2 central defenders or he is out of his depth but the guy might be trying to and hitting a brick wall ,  word doesn’t take long to get around as players talk and when u lose 14 players from last season its plain to see  it’s no a bed of roses doon the brae , that team have no chance of staying up even this early on in the season unfortunately 

1 hour ago, leaguereformer said:

He played senior level mostly with Clyde. 

Not that I'm losing sleep over I but I'm genuinely surprised at Darvel being where they are right now.

Are they a better side than the start suggests or are they going to be in the relegation fight? 

16 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Not that I'm losing sleep over I but I'm genuinely surprised at Darvel being where they are right now.

Are they a better side than the start suggests or are they going to be in the relegation fight? 

Shanner as it stands with no new signings that team won’t be in a relegation fight , they are going down 

1 minute ago, Darvel legend said:

Shanner as it stands with no new signings that team won’t be in a relegation fight , they are going down 

Fair enough. From the outside it's not really looking like the controlled descent to a manageable and stable way of running the club that was promised. 

I heard it being said on one of the podcast shows last week they may struggle and laughed it off, but this is relegation form after 10% of games.

Oliver has surprisingly just made Jordan Allan club captain, so I would be surprised if he was looking to replace him.

Where is the best place to find a fixture list for the wosfl prem?

Like to know in advance whether I can make it to games but the info can be hard to come by.

On 03/08/2024 at 22:13, Darvel legend said:

Darvel legend last year and the year before I thought u were a idiot but at least u see it now like u always said would happen shame other so called Darvel fans on here only seen the good things but u have stuck in with the bad has well has the good cause where are they now 3 games and 3 games lost also like u said u need new players but why let all thease players go when u had ur most successful season in your history and where is Frank Hill he was quite vocal not so much now on here I bet he is embarrassed but keep up the with the updates and good luck for the season I think u will need it and u know that .

Mick's a good young manager just took the wrong option in going to a basket case of a club. 

Should have took an interest in clubs up his way prime example KRR or waited for an opportunity instead of diving into this shitshow. 

Edited by Parkranger

35 minutes ago, Parkranger said:

Mick's a good young manager just took the wrong option in going to a basket case of a club. 

Should have took an interest in clubs up his way prime example KRR or waited for an opportunity instead of diving into this shitshow. 

I think he probably he is and doesn’t need me to tell him what’s needed but I just wonder how much of the 18k we got for Syme he has been given for new players , according to club social media he was getting it to strengthen the squad , as of yet we have brought no one in 🤷‍♂️

42 minutes ago, Parkranger said:

If he's that good a manager 1 why would u take the job knows what's coming that everyone knew eas going to happen 2 why would he take the job the way he got the job and 3 why Darvel surely he knew they didn't have money 

I think he looks like a decent young coach with good ideas. time will tell on the management side, but 0 from 9pts So far in the premier. 

Full of excuses and budget talk when things not going his way and the way he got where he is? Not for me. 

definitely a downgrade on McInally