Darvel FC Thread

2 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

Looking at Darvel fixtures, difficult to see where they will pick first points up from. Barring a disaster from Clydebank I think you can write that game off, I would be expecting the biggest score line of the season so far. Pollok is the following league game after that who are another team that have started well. I would also fancy Shotts to win as they are at home, big pitch and fairly well organised. Then Darvel are at home to JB, away to Cumnock, home to Hurlford, away to Beith, home to Dumchapel before being away on the 14th of December to Bens which is where I think they could pick up some points. 

I personally thought Darvel would have enough in the tank for another year in the prem before falling away there after. Baring considerable money being spent or Mick Oliver proving his doubters wrong I think this will be a very bleak season for the fans. 

When you seen Darvel committee on their facebook openly slating the manager, does he have long left? 

U can't say that Darvel legend got told its all rubbish when he knew things behind the scenes and posted it on here god everyone at Darvel will tell u it's all fine nothing to worry about anything u read online is lies oh sorry but Darvel legend is right he did say the whole set up from start to now is crap but at least he is still here trying to defend his team unlike the glory hunters and committee ie john gall and frank hill who have all seemed to have disappeared when things go wrong 

1 hour ago, allyg1977 said:

U can't say that Darvel legend got told its all rubbish when he knew things behind the scenes and posted it on here god everyone at Darvel will tell u it's all fine nothing to worry about anything u read online is lies oh sorry but Darvel legend is right he did say the whole set up from start to now is crap but at least he is still here trying to defend his team unlike the glory hunters and committee ie john gall and frank hill who have all seemed to have disappeared when things go wrong 

It was going well because they funded it you cant manage without a big backer always going to end up in trouble

42 minutes ago, Bankie boy said:

It was going well because they funded it you cant manage without a big backer always going to end up in trouble

No strictly true , beith don’t have a big backer and champions last 2 years , I watched Troon hammer us and no a massive budget so you just need people who know the game ,our committee who are falling out with each other have no experience at this level and brought in a manager with no experience at this level so never going to end well , we now have social media guy falling out with fans on fb page and I’m hearing we had a young boy who was getting loaned out to maybole which is a good move for him and we asked for a fee after he has played so many games , what a lot of nonsense , the place is a shambles and the quicker the guys at the top leave the better it will be for darvel 

35 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

More fall outs at the weekend at the club and the secretary and his wife resign from the committee , it is now getting more than worrying what’s happening doon the brae and I don’t know where this ends 

Who was the Secretary last week?

Who's turn is it this week?

45 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Make up your mind you; do you want rid of Bankies or no.

Or will you miss the bants when they are gone far away. 😄😄

I just want Darvel to take this first step on the road to redemption by doing Talbot a favour. I think they're ready to change and grow.

6 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

More fall outs at the weekend at the club and the secretary and his wife resign from the committee , it is now getting more than worrying what’s happening doon the brae and I don’t know where this ends 

2 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

The infamous Benny Hill not your cup of tea?

Heard a lot about the man, seen very little of him. 

Looks like the people that have Darvel at heart are being driven away by Fanny Hill.

The man seems determined to drive Darvel into oblivion.

The Pieman had hoped to leave behind a legacy that he and Darvel could have been proud of.

Instead, it looks like it's all turning sour.

32 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

I see ross McKenzie has already left the club to go to arthurlie, never a premier league player ability wise  and his attitude isn't much better.

Poor recruitment.  Surely Mick Oliver knew that? 

On another point I see the media man having a meltdown.  Arguing with fans etc…

On 12/06/2024 at 16:26, coistysgoldenboots said:

A signing that shows the kind of downsizing going on at the club. Not Prem quality imo. 

Said this about McKenzie in June And so it has come to pass…

the signing policy is all over the place at Darvel and Oliver has to take responsibility. 

2 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

I see ross McKenzie has already left the club to go to arthurlie, never a premier league player ability wise  and his attitude isn't much better.

100% spot on, this guy I think is about 24 and has now played for Beith, Irvine Vics, Maryhill, Rossvale, Kilbirnie, Johnstone, Darvel and now Arthurlie, could be more, no much loyalty there. 

1 hour ago, ladeside77 said:

100% spot on, this guy I think is about 24 and has now played for Beith, Irvine Vics, Maryhill, Rossvale, Kilbirnie, Johnstone, Darvel and now Arthurlie, could be more, no much loyalty there. 

Added to that, and I don't normally get personal about young players, the lad isn't actually very good and has the heart of a fainting goat.

Thought he was excellent last season for the Burgh personally. I think he’s capable of playing in the Premier League. Although saying that, agree with attitude issues. Good luck to the boy.

Comedy hour from benny hill, issue with the team sheet, issue being he thought he didn’t need a secretary and pissed him and his wife off both leaving the committee.  

never mind surviving relegation, I think they’ll do well to survive.  

Has karma caught up with Mick Oliver over the way he left Ashfield?