Darvel FC Thread

3 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Sorry by latest, I meant the last one they had to publish. Which was year end 31/8/23. (Published in May 24)

Assume their next accounts will be due in a matter of weeks but possibly not public record for a while yet. You would expect it may show even further growth in player bill 

https://www.oscr.org.uk/charityDocuments/scyc-31aug23-charity-accounts-final-pdf-signed-redacted-71dc20c2-6f1e-ef11-840a-0022481b2f94.pdf

Ah sorry didn't read properly, thought you were meaning Darvel! That is...interesting.

On 19/08/2024 at 21:30, superpollok said:

Sorry by latest, I meant the last one they had to publish. Which was year end 31/8/23. (Published in May 24)

Assume their next accounts will be due in a matter of weeks but possibly not public record for a while yet. You would expect it may show even further growth in player bill 

https://www.oscr.org.uk/charityDocuments/scyc-31aug23-charity-accounts-final-pdf-signed-redacted-71dc20c2-6f1e-ef11-840a-0022481b2f94.pdf

The year end may be 31/8, but it will take months for the accounts to be finalised and audited. Try May next year .

9 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

Benny Hill signed a verti drainer in the summer so should be fine. Provided he made the first payment on it unlike the development fee for Dec MacDonald 

Aye I heard dec was going back to benburb at start of the week to save paying a development fee , beggars belief 

42 minutes ago, PollokGang said:

No chance this is on today on that awful pitch. Not going anyway and I’m not alone, a lot of Pollok fans won’t give Darvel a penny after last season’s behaviour and schneidelfraude. 

Know a few people who will never visit that place ever . Place needs shut down. 

11 hours ago, PollokGang said:

No chance this is on today on that awful pitch. Not going anyway and I’m not alone, a lot of Pollok fans won’t give Darvel a penny after last season’s behaviour and schneidelfraude. 

You weren't going anyway, were you?

Canny be doing with that petty nonsense, just go and watch your team.

54 minutes ago, Pizzo said:

You weren't going anyway, were you?

Canny be doing with that petty nonsense, just go and watch your team.

We weren’t going. Support our team but our wee group won’t be financing individuals with no honour or class. 

Not as petty as Darvel and the people running it. I won’t be giving Mr Gall another penny. 

Surely it's better to go and have the chance to enjoy a win? 

For £8 it's hardly gonna break the bank. Darvel have been on the go since 1889...........4 or 5 years of Gall shouldn't over shadow that. Although I concede he often rubs folk up the wrong way.

Not sure he's still involved anyway.

Edited by Pizzo

3 hours ago, PollokGang said:

We weren’t going. Support our team but our wee group won’t be financing individuals with no honour or class. 

Not as petty as Darvel and the people running it. I won’t be giving Mr Gall another penny. 

Darvel will get a share of the gate at Newlandsfield next week. Go to the game, don’t paint yourself into a corner.

4 hours ago, PollokGang said:

It's petty. Two words. Nose and face.

11 hours ago, PollokGang said:

So you'd rather have your team play a game with no away support just to keep a petty grudge going?

What would happen to football if that was a universal approach?

Think the sorry state of affairs shows the devastating effect JG and MK had one the club.  As soon as MK left Colville Park the folded, just happened to be when he took his money away? 

The pitch is a disgrace, the committee are now needing to make decisions as opposed to just doing what they are told.  

The club couldn’t afford a development fee and the player had to return to the club he left.  

JG will have his name up there with Kerr Dickson at Medda for the debt he left the club in which they are still dealing with, coincidentally he’s at Pollok now who have also found themselves in financial trouble.   

3 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

Think the sorry state of affairs shows the devastating effect JG and MK had one the club.  As soon as MK left Colville Park the folded, just happened to be when he took his money away? 

The pitch is a disgrace, the committee are now needing to make decisions as opposed to just doing what they are told.  

The club couldn’t afford a development fee and the player had to return to the club he left.  

JG will have his name up there with Kerr Dickson at Medda for the debt he left the club in which they are still dealing with, coincidentally he’s at Pollok now who have also found themselves in financial trouble.   

Mr Dickson was definitely the problem at Pollok however the executives at the club enabled his behaviour and now claim they knew nothing