Best of the worst - Livingston versus Hibernian

14 hours ago, Dave1875 said:

Subjecting myself to this as the old man wanted to go, first game since before lockdown so somewhat looking forward to it in my own grim way. Where would be the best place to park near the stadium?

Park at shopping centre then walk down. 

3 hours ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Just a curiosity but how is Joel Nouble doing for yourselves? I saw him highly talked up by Arbroath fans and from what I can tell seems to have done well enough since returning from loan, including in a game against us. 

Usually takes about 3 guys to take the ball off him he's that fucking massive, and even then it's usually because they end up just fouling him. End product could be better but if it was he'd be nowhere near us.

Just a curiosity but how is Joel Nouble doing for yourselves? I saw him highly talked up by Arbroath fans and from what I can tell seems to have done well enough since returning from loan, including in a game against us. 
Been consistently good for us. Maybe 1 or 2 games where he's not quite had the impact but generally he's been quite important for us. Sometimes looks like he's just toying with defenders

16 hours ago, Dave1875 said:

Subjecting myself to this as the old man wanted to go, first game since before lockdown so somewhat looking forward to it in my own grim way. Where would be the best place to park near the stadium?

St Margarets academy is about a 5 min walk to the stadium and free parking, you walk down to the bridge at the back of the stadium's east stand. 

5 hours ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Been outstanding since he got played on either wing, mostly on the right. For some reason Martindale played him as a No9 to start with and it really didn't suit him, different class on the wings though.

Nouble's touch, dribbling and passing are exquisite. Great at back to goal, hold up play. Very physically strong and wins headers well. Good acceleration but less pace over a distance. Struggles with his shooting.

Livi and Hibs both ground out slightly fortunate wins last week to end poor runs of results. Gray kept the 3-4-2-1 Maloney used but changed to a more direct build up. James Scott is a non-scoring striker so I hope he plays although he still contributes well to attacking moves. Harry Clarke is an attacking threat from wing back. Newell's through passes can be excellent so he'll need clamped by Pittman.

Livi might start in a sort of 4-2-1-3. I can see Martindale going with two holders again in defensive midfield, Omeonga hopefully but more likely Holt and Kelly. The thinking there could be they'll look after Hibs two attacking mids. Dual holders will also allow our full backs to push up more and so hopefully pin back the Hibs wing backs. Shinnie might be replaced on the left for a more penetrative option (Forrest if fit) in order to try and get our front line playing very high so its 3 on 3 with Hibs' centre backs. 

Nothing much to play for here bar pride and placings.Hopefully a decent game in prospect.Might as well enjoy the sun while it lasts.Reckon home advantage should swing it the Lions way.End of season feel to it.3 1 to Livi and both to be safe.🦁.

1 minute ago, Brian Graham’s Lovely Hair said:

Surely they’ve got Stevenson and Clarke mixed up in that lineup? As much as I love Lewy I wouldn’t put him at right wingback. 

Clarke can play either side. Lewis will prob be either midfield or LCB.

But it's a bit cobbled together.

11 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Clarke can play either side. Lewis will prob be either midfield or LCB.

But it's a bit cobbled together.

This might be a bit of a revolutionary idea, but we could always have a back 4, with Clarke and Stevenson at full back and McGinn and Hanlon in the middle.