Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will it be?  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Geordie_Munrover said:

Spoke to a Dylan Easton the other Day (Friday)… he told me Murray was told the raith job was his if he wanted it. He also said that Falkirk, pars and Raith have declared an interest in signing him… but hinted that he will be following Murray to Raith. 

All this good news, potential as well as actual is getting too much to bear; this is the Rovers, it's not supposed to happen... 🤔

2 hours ago, grumswall said:

Id rather he brought in his own assistant than having berra forced upon him. If berra is his choice, then fair enough though. 

2 hours ago, Been going too long said:

Only make Berra the assistant if Murray wants him imo

I agree…but surely Murray would be interested with Berra now qualified.

39 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I agree…but surely Murray would be interested with Berra now qualified.

He's had a relatively successful management team at airdrie and may want to bring them in. It should be his choice, budget permitting. I would hope he has scope to have his choice as assistant at least. 

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

He's had a relatively successful management team at airdrie and may want to bring them in. It should be his choice, budget permitting. I would hope he has scope to have his choice as assistant at least. 

Absolutely so, but I’d expect Berra to be involved if Murray has any sense. He did such wonders for the defence playing, and brings knowledge of the team.

6 hours ago, grumswall said:

I’m not sure that will be an option. He brought in Scott Agnew as a player/assistant last summer but he’s part-time, as is Bryan Prunty, and I suspect will stay that way given he seems to have a decent career outside of football. He’s never seemed too fussy about assistants though. When he joined us he kept Mark Fitzpatrick as assistant and only changed to Colin Cameron a few months into our hybrid model when him being the only full-time coach was too much. He spent a season pretty much without a formal assistant manager too, just Sean Crighton as a player/coach. I suspect he’ll know Berra to some extent and he seems fine with having players in that role, so that could work.

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

Absolutely so, but I’d expect Berra to be involved if Murray has any sense. He did such wonders for the defence playing, and brings knowledge of the team.

Berra and Murray had overlapping playing careers and might even have been in the odd Scotland squad together so you'd think he will definitely pick Berra's brains about the squad at the very least. Jamie MacDonald is another who he might know. 

It will be interesting to see who he brings in, if anybody. The Hibs boy on our thread seemed to think Kevin Nichol, who Murray worked with in Norway.

Edited by Enigma

59 minutes ago, Enigma said:

It will be interesting to see who he brings in, if anybody. The Hibs boy on our thread seemed to think Kevin Nichol, who Murray worked with in Norway.

He also ticks the box of being an ex player. 

14 hours ago, Geordie_Munrover said:

Spoke to a Dylan Easton the other Day (Friday)… he told me Murray was told the raith job was his if he wanted it. He also said that Falkirk, pars and Raith have declared an interest in signing him… but hinted that he will be following Murray to Raith. 

Would be a quality signing if True, Dylan Easton looks a good player and Murray can probably get the best out of him 

The chances of us signing Easton are very, very slim. We'd need to come in with a very good offer for him. He's had injury problems in the past and from what I've heard has a few offers from clubs who should be able to offer far more than we can. I'd be very surprised if he signed for us. At 28, with his history, you wouldn't grudge the guy for maximising what he can get.

3 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

The chances of us signing Easton are very, very slim. We'd need to come in with a very good offer for him. He's had injury problems in the past and from what I've heard has a few offers from clubs who should be able to offer far more than we can. I'd be very surprised if he signed for us. At 28, with his history, you wouldn't grudge the guy for maximising what he can get.

Maybe he wants to play for Murray as he wouldn’t know what he’ll get in terms of playing at other clubs and managers etc where he knows what he’ll get with Murray

and if the rumoured clubs he been linked with are true why would he stay in a league below and not try move up one that’s just how I see tbh 

Maybe he wants to play for Murray as he wouldn’t know what he’ll get in terms of playing at other clubs and managers etc where he knows what he’ll get with Murray
 and if the rumoured clubs he been linked with are true why would he stay in a league below and not try move up one that’s just how I see tbh 

It's not clubs in the league below who i think would be the main clubs looking to sign him. He might sign for a Rovers, just not our Rovers. I'd be surprised if working with Murray was a factor for him.

2 hours ago, Mr November said:

I’m not sure that will be an option. He brought in Scott Agnew as a player/assistant last summer but he’s part-time, as is Bryan Prunty, and I suspect will stay that way given he seems to have a decent career outside of football. He’s never seemed too fussy about assistants though. When he joined us he kept Mark Fitzpatrick as assistant and only changed to Colin Cameron a few months into our hybrid model when him being the only full-time coach was too much. He spent a season pretty much without a formal assistant manager too, just Sean Crighton as a player/coach. I suspect he’ll know Berra to some extent and he seems fine with having players in that role, so that could work.

I think Paul Smith was part-time, at least initially, when we brought him back. No idea if that's still the case, right enough. 

The big question is: how will.Scott Agnew find a way to score against us if Murray brings him in as his assistant? 

14 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Is there an option to have Cameron as his assistant? Seeing him come out the tunnel in Rovers colours applauding the fans would be orgasmic. My absolute hero growing up.

If he did get appointed assistant manager it would make the validity of the reference he supposedly gave us for Murray questionable to say the least...