Quiz.

Guest Bully Wee For Me

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Name the only club that had a 100% record a Highbury?

Also 4 team that have played in 2 Uefa Cup finals but not won it?

Auxerre? Is t restricted to English teams?

Will have a punt Ujpest Dosza for the Uefa (if Fairs counts)

Feckin hell, did you know that off hand?

Birmingham - 60 & 61

Dortmund - 93 & 2002

Marseille - 99 & 2004

Espanyol - 88 & 2007

I knew Birmingham had lost twice in the early 60s...English clubs regularly reached the final in the 60s.

I also knew Feijenoord had beaten Dortmund in a final on their own ground, it was the season Rangers almost put Feijenoord out in an earlier round and I had an inkiling Dortmund lost one of the last 2 legged finals.

Marseille was a guess B)

I knew Birmingham had lost twice in the early 60s...English clubs regularly reached the final in the 60s.

I also knew Feijenoord had beaten Dortmund in a final on their own ground, it was the season Rangers almost put Feijenoord out in an earlier round and I had an inkiling Dortmund lost one of the last 2 legged finals.

Marseille was a guess B)

BOLLOCKS!!!!! I suspect a close-to-hand Wee Red Book :D:P

2) Real Madrid, Steua (sp?) Bucharest, Ajax, Red Star Belgrade are 4 of them.

EDIT: Ooo, Benfica!

Good work, Gaz! I had no idea of the answer as some doss c'nt could only remember the questions! :rolleyes:

Amsterdam isn't the capital of the Netherlands. :blink:

Whit?! :blink:

Surely it is SD.

Wiki Dam

Say's it's officially the Capital, even though parliamentary buildings are located at the Hague.

Yes it is! :blink:

I assume you are suggesting The Hague is? That's only the seat of government. Amsterdam is the capital city though!

Stand corrected then. When I was at school we were always taught The Hague was the capital of Holland / Netherlands.

(Of course when I was at school Bonn was the capital of West Germany. :lol: Maybe they've changed it over the years?)

We were always taught Amsterdam was the capital but The Hague was the seat of government.

I was also always taught that Pluto was a planet then I find out last month that it's no longer a planet! :blink:

Capital cities were easy when I started learning them as there was only the Soviet Union, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia etc... None of this Riga or Talinn pish!

Pluto is a Dwarf Planet.

Archived