St Mirren v Livingston 11/05/22

14 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

10/3 for big Curtis to score anytime. It’s like printing money….

I thought he was out for an operation?

I am going to have to continue with my miserableness about him being in the team, though, purely because that's the bed I made for myself a few weeks back. :D

Who knows, maybe he'll double his tally for the season.. ;)

Just now, Ric said:

He's not really stood out (heh, yet! wait for the commenter's curse) but I do like the look of Nouble. Big, fairly mobile and a fairly tidy with his feet.

Yeah he's a solid out ball for us, can hold off any defender and just roll us up the park

Just now, ATLIS said:

Yeah he's a solid out ball for us, can hold off any defender and just roll us up the park

Lots of people talked about his loan at Arbroath, if he develops he could be a real find.

Just now, Ric said:

Lots of people talked about his loan at Arbroath, if he develops he could be a real find.

To be fair he's 26 so this could be it for him. His main weakness is that he cannot finish at all, utterly woeful in front of goal. Hasn't scored for us yet despite looking cracking and having loads of chances. 

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

To be fair he's 26 so this could be it for him. His main weakness is that he cannot finish at all, utterly woeful in front of goal. Hasn't scored for us yet despite looking cracking and having loads of chances. 

Got to admit I thought he was younger. I should have checked the wiki, really.

Still, as you say, he certainly seems a decent out ball considering his size.

Odd game, neither team playing all that well, neither playing badly. It's really open though, and quite scrappy. Our holding of a high line is giving me the fear a little.

..and just as I was about to post that, Nouble does exactly what I worried about and demonstrated exactly what ATLIS said about him.

HT 0-0
End of season fayre as expected, pretty even but been a decent tempo about it. Main had our best chance after a cross in, couldn’t get his feet right and just wide.
Nouble broke through one on one at the end of the half there, looked a good bit offside but wasn’t flagged. Sportingly fluffed his shot.
Probably going to finish 0-0, and that’s ok. Nice to see Flynn get a run out in what surely will be his last game at SMP.

Saints quite comfortably the best team, and very close to a few really good moves coming off.  

Grieve and Main getting a lot of rough treatment which Clancy all seemed to think were fine.  

At one point Grieve’s shirt was almost at his neck.  Play on.  

I think VAR next season is going to expose just how poor some of our officials are at making simple decisions.  

1 minute ago, Lex said:

Probably going to finish 0-0, and that’s ok. Nice to see Flynn get a run out in what surely will be his last game at SMP.

Yeah, always nice to see Flynn get a few minutes, you know he's not going to be a liability, would be nice to have him 10 years younger.

As for the score, I think this is a nailed on 1-0 schlaff with the other team then pressing for almost the rest of the half. Ideally that one goal will come for us, but going by our previous encounters with Livi, perhaps not.

If Alan Forrest could lift his head at times he'd be a phenomenal player. He's had a few chances of an easy pass to a team mate tonight but decided to go himself and lost the ball. Similar with Nouble, if he had any sort of goalscoring instinct then he'd be playing at a much higher level. Front 3 look quite disjointed and the rest of the team look like they're going through the motions.... except Nicky Devlin who is still all action. I'm sure that guy slide tackles into bed at night