SJFC 🔵 ⚪ v 🔵 🔴 ICTFC. Playoff Final.

The games will be tight as all our games are, we just try and strangle games to death.

If we'd been capable of playing well more than one game in a row then we'd have finished above 11th, IMO, but we just can't. Sometimes can even have two good halves back to back.

ICT apparent injuries help us but I don't trust us to actually take advantage of it in Inverness so it'll come down to the McDiarmid game.

Everyone and their dog knows 90% of our line up and 100% of our plan, so Dodds has no excuse for not getting a plan in place, our weaknesses have been obvious for about 14 months aswell.

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Ross Tokely is a cnut and so is @TheScarf. For that reason alone I hope the farmers win through an injury time own goal by Broadfoot.

Billy Dodds will spontaneously combust watching Callum Davidson do a DiCanio knee slide in front of the ICT dugout.

Chris Kerr, brother.

3 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
3 hours ago, tree house tam said:
If folk are having a shite day out in Perth they're doing it wrong. There are plenty of pubs where away fans would get free reign to do whatever they like, then a punch in the puss when you leave. If you're not impressed by the clientele in say, the Grill, then you're doing life wrong. Embrace it lads, leave your mark.

The good pubs in Perth are nowhere near the ground.

5 minutes In a taxi is f**k all mate. Even with the decent away days the pubs are shite near the grounds. Easter road is surrounded by crap pubs but is by far the best away day. Your own club has several absolutely shite efforts nearby and don't come away with whites or frews because they are shiteholes. Like all away days the best pubs are in the centres, stay there and travel out for the match.

6 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

After 14 seasons in the top flight and a couple of trophies it’s surely about time that St Johnstone ducked out and gave someone else a shot

Nobody could say they hadn’t had a good run

We could call it sailing off into the sunset after their fairytale cup wins. 

Just a couple?

Yes

Like many middle aged Hearts fans I’ve been dismissing the league cup as a worthless Mickey Mouse trophy for 30 years so I can hardly stop now for your benefit

Of course this means that when we finally do win it I’ll have to make a point of not celebrating but we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.

15 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

We have to go to Inverness playing for a win.  The temptation for Davidson will be go there and play safely and be content with a draw. 

On paper, we have far better players, so outperforming them over two legs is the safest option. A tight, cautious low scoring draw in the first game brings it all down to a one off cup tie.

We saw last night how easy it is for a ref or crazy decisions by players to turn a game completely on its head. Luckily for Inverness they still came through despite all of that.

This is the same players that have you second bottom and now have you fighting for survival? 

Gie yer daft heed a shake.

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Already said who I think will win but torn on who I want to win. 

Inverness are our bogey team and it'd be nice to have a wee trip to McDiarmid rather than travelling up to Inverness.

But f**k Billy Dodds and f**k Scot Gardiner.

St Johnstone, I'd imagine, would be in a much stronger position than Caley to fight for the title next season due to their longevity in the top flight so that goes against them.

Do Caley have a lot of their squad tied up for next season or would it be another rebuild if they stay down?

Well done Dundee with that World Record of 3 relegations in 10 years from the top flight.

Went to Gayfield last night as an interested neutral. The wind was a bit of a spoiler but it was pretty obvious from early on that neither team could score in a barrel of fannies. I expect the first leg to end 0-0 and Saints to win the return by one or two goals to nil. Despite being in Gayfield for nearly 3 hours I enjoyed my visit, great to be standing on the terracing in a good crowd, brought back good memories of the old days. The steak and black pudding pies were also very nice as were the beers in the Millgate pre match. Looking forward to a return trip next season

47 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

This is the same players that have you second bottom and now have you fighting for survival? 

Gie yer daft heed a shake.

I’m not saying we are world beaters, and there is every chance that Inverness win the tie and get promoted, if so they will have earned it and fair play.

Our players may bottle it or might simply underperform.

But yes, on paper we have better players than that pile of dross on display last night.

14 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Do SJ still have that Mr. Blobby-esque idiot

We sold him to you a couple of years back, he got sent off last night.