Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

182 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

Was he not rumoured to be shagging a young physio when he was coaching at Hearts?

I’ve said all I’m going to say about the new manager but good luck Gary, I really hope this works out for all parties.

Hearts' physio is our old one that was at the club during the Alex Rae era. There was all sorts of rumours about players and staff but I thought it was just blatant sexism back in the day since we had a female physio. 

No idea what the script is with Ross!

Edited by Ludo*1

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

This guy on the other forum has been absolutely spot on on everything he's posted so no reason to not believe this:

Even when Dundee make a boring appointment its not boring 😂

Gary is certainly excited, can’t wait to get started, after his holiday, which starts tomorrow. Lol.
Let’s be honest, given the make up of this season’s championship, anything less than a relatively straightforward run to automatic promotion has to be seen as failure, especially given the ‘experienced’ nature of the management team.

8 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Let’s be honest, given the make up of this season’s championship, anything less than a relatively straightforward run to automatic promotion has to be seen as failure, especially given the ‘experienced’ nature of the management team.

I mean you're correct, but that's the case every season we're in this stinking league, regardless of whoever is in charge.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

40 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Gary is certainly excited, can’t wait to get started, after his holiday, which starts tomorrow. Lol.

You do seem to already be champing at the bit to slate him tbh.

20 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Bowyer said he developed players who went on to bigger things, does anyone know who they are?

He certainly didn't develop them as youth players but he's been heavily involved with Grant Hanley, Tom Cairney and Jordan Rhodes from when they were around 21-22.

16 hours ago, johnnydun said:

You just know this isn't going to happen and it will be one of the following...

A) Bowyer is involved in a match fixing scandal where Dundee end up pumping Morten by 10.

B) Bowyer and Gowser have a full on brawl that gets Bowyer sacked and Gowser in jail.

C) Bowyer is caught outside in a Blackpool top, saying how fondly he loves the tangerines. He gets the nut stuck on him and walks out the next day.

D) Dundee win a cup.

Now I know it's a wind up...

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

He certainly didn't develop them as youth players but he's been heavily involved with Grant Hanley, Tom Cairney and Jordan Rhodes from when they were around 21-22.

It's worth having a look through the Wiki pages of the clubs he's managed and seeing some of the players he's signed/worked with. There are a few recognisable names (including Shane Duffy).

Blackburn 13/14
Blackburn 14/15
Blackburn 15/16 - sacked 10th November 15, replaced by Paul Lambert
Blackpool 16/17
Blackpool 17/18
Blackpool 18/19 - resigned 6th August 18, suceeded by Terry McPhillips
Bradford 18/19 - appointed 6th March 19
Bradford 19/20 - sacked 3rd February 20, replaced by Stuart McCall
Salford City 20/21 - appointed 23rd March 21
Salford City 21/22

A takeaway from that is that he's actually been pretty consistently in employment since the 13/14 season.

2 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

Maybe because it's I also support a lower league English team but I'm surprised to see people saying they've never heard of Bowyer. A decent appointment for Dundee, imo.

Aye, I mean I don't support a lower league English team (or a Premier League team for that matter) but while I get he's maybe not a household name I'm a bit surprised to see folk saying they've never heard of him as well - he's been bouncing around the English leagues for ages.

Edited by capt_oats

41 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

It's worth having a look through the Wiki pages of the clubs he's managed and seeing some of the players he's signed/worked with. There are a few recognisable names (including Shane Duffy).

Blackburn 13/14
Blackburn 14/15
Blackburn 15/16 - sacked 10th November 15, replaced by Paul Lambert
Blackpool 16/17
Blackpool 17/18
Blackpool 18/19 - resigned 6th August 18, suceeded by Terry McPhillips
Bradford 18/19 - appointed 6th March 19
Bradford 19/20 - sacked 3rd February 20, replaced by Stuart McCall
Salford City 20/21 - appointed 23rd March 21
Salford City 21/22

A takeaway from that is that he's actually been pretty consistently in employment since the 13/14 season.

Aye, I mean I don't support a lower league English team (or a Premier league team for that matter) but while I get he's maybe not a household name I'm a bit surprised to see folk saying they've never heard of him as well - he's been bouncing around the English leagues for ages.

I see he signed former Hearts player Armand Gnanduillet for Blackpool, that boy has some Wiki stats like.