Dog Kills Man

1 hour ago, philpy said:

We had a situation whilst walking our neighbour's dog last week. A big tan and white American bulldog decided he'd like to try and take a chunk out of his face. Neighbour's dog is an 11yr old spaniel who is a big softy, and had no idea of how to defend himself. It took the wife getting between him and the other dog and letting out a large scream for the owners, who had made no attempt to take the dog away from the situation, to grab the dog. They never even apologised or asked if if the dog our ourselves were ok, they fucked off away into a nature reserve,  which is something else they should not be doing. Pair of absolute fucking scumbags.

Quite lucky the wife wasn’t attacked, TBF.

Videos won't load in the link and can't find the full thing online. I only saw the confrontation and what happens after the first.dog has been shot. Saw a video of the guy losing grip of them and both dogs went up to the Police but did nothing (actually expected the shot there). No idea how the first one ended up shot but the second one didn't need to be shot IMO. It was trying to get to it's owner but he was a fair distance away. The guy with the grasper could have easily made it to the dog as it was dragging the other dog with it. Or he could have used the grasper correctly the first time. 

Pretty sad event tbh. To own a dog you should have to have a licence and do some kind of basic test. Too many fuckwits with dogs. 

On 13/05/2023 at 00:14, Dugbhoy said:

I don't blame you for being afraid  , a dog attack is a horrific situation to be in . 

I can't have my dogs off lead . They're far to big to be roaming around . In fact , my biggest fear on my walk is that one of their leads snap and they get loose . 

There's a degree of responsibility that comes with having dogs , although you wouldn't think it .

If your dog is a hassle to others (running loose , incessant barking , etc) , you should get a kick in the stones 

I know how you feel.  I've never had my dogs off lead when out walking due to the breed type (I've only ever had Shiba Ins and Siberian Huskies and both those breeds are runners) . I have on a number of occasions hissed "Get your f**king dog on a lead" to random park arseholes usually to be met with "Och, he's alright, he's no normally like this" when it's trying to bounce all over my dog's head and bite him. 

Generally I say to other dog owners who's mutts think about coming up to my Shiba "Sorry but he can be a bit reactive so best keep your dog back" as the wee fella doesn't like being crowded especially by large off lead male dogs.

On 09/05/2023 at 15:23, ICTChris said:

A lot of online controversy about an incident in Tower Hamlets, where police officers shot dead two dogs.  Police were called to an incident and confronted a man who had two dogs in his possession.  The man was subsequently tasered and both dogs were shot dead by armed police.  The incident took place in view or a number of flats, occupants filmed the police and many were heard shouting at the police.  Supposedly flowers and other offerings have been left where the two dogs died.  The local MP has tweeted about the incident, expressing her concern.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/police-shoot-dogs-dead-tower-hamlets-london/

The incident the police were called to was that a woman had been attacked by the two dogs who were shot.  

Pretty amazing quote in that LBC article from a witness

Whatever had happened?  Dogs get destroyed all the time when they are acting aggressively or attack people.

I think I was notified of a Change.org petition about "Police shooting dogs". I stuck it in the Spam folder.

9 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It's an absolute NAP that the same folk outraged by these dogs being shot dead by police had zero issue with George Floyd being shot dead by police.

He wasn't shot. 

5 hours ago, AndyM said:

I know how you feel.  I've never had my dogs off lead when out walking due to the breed type (I've only ever had Shiba Ins and Siberian Huskies and both those breeds are runners) . I have on a number of occasions hissed "Get your f**king dog on a lead" to random park arseholes usually to be met with "Och, he's alright, he's no normally like this" when it's trying to bounce all over my dog's head and bite him. 

Generally I say to other dog owners who's mutts think about coming up to my Shiba "Sorry but he can be a bit reactive so best keep your dog back" as the wee fella doesn't like being crowded especially by large off lead male dogs.

People don't understand that dogs have a personal space as well and some don't tolerate it being invaded . 

Fairplay to you for how you respond to them , I'm unfortunately  , not that mannerly

Quote from the BBC story

Det Supt Simon Hurst said: "Firstly, I would like to extend my condolences to the loved ones of the victim of this attack. 

"We recognise this incident will rightly cause concern within the local area and we would like to reassure the public that we explored every possible avenue to protect the local community and the animal involved."

He urged members of the public with information to come forward, adding he was "determined" that the "distressing incident" would not happen again.

The incident won’t happen again because you killed the dog - and rightly so. Dogs that harm people should be destroyed.  The copper sounds like he’s apologising for doing their job and protecting people, sadly too late in this case. 

Someone needs to stand up to the Big Pitbull lobby in this country. If your horrible dog misbehaves, the fucker is getting shot.