2022/23 SLC Group H

18 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I must say, it will be refreshing having a discussion with a diddy club that we are not more successful than, after we pump you at least 5 times this season.

The biggest challenge this season for Dees fans will be boredom and monotony. Anything less than a 15 point runaway would be a poor season for you guys. It’ll be a great opportunity for our young players to watch and learn from the master craftsmen assembled at Dens. 

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I must say, it will be refreshing having a discussion with a diddy club that we are not more successful than, after we pump you at least 5 times this season.

It's admirable of Dundee to swallow their pride &  come down to show us diddy clubs how the game should be played before they regain their rightful place in the top half of the premiership.

Edited by Arachnophile

Only one team looked like winning that game after we equalised, which was encouraging. Have to put things in perspective. Hamilton were a Premiership club for years, we’ve just come up, not played particularly well, and picked something up from the game. Poor penalty from Davidson, but the keeper looked a mile off his line from my view. Thought Bannon was excellent.

21 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

It's admirable of Dundee to swallow their pride &  come down to show us diddy clubs how the game should be played before they regain their rightful place in the top half of the premiership.

Cheers Thank You GIF by PlayStation

On 23/07/2022 at 19:15, qpfc said:

Frustrating one as it’s clear when we’re willing to pass the ball quickly and on the ground, we’re actually a threatening team but far too often we reverted to overhit punts up the park which Charlie Fox was particularly guilty of today, which of course is even more annoying as we know he’s normally terrific driving with the ball and passing it in between the lines. 

Again, the 2nd half performance was a million miles better but we really need to wake up in the 1st half of games if we’re going to give ourselves a chance. Too often we look a yard slower on and off the ball and against championship opposition, you’ll get punished which is what has inevitably happened the last 2 games 

Positives were that Jarrett was excellent in midfield and the introduction of McPake and Williamson made a huge difference with the latter in particular causing havoc up top. Savoury showed some great touches also. Special credit to Alex Bannon, first start in senior football and played like a seasoned pro. Very calm and collected on the ball and dealt with the physicality comfortably, especially against a very good striker in Andy Ryan. For me, he’s potentially played himself into starting XI for Inverness next week. 

Louis longridge continues to look a shadow of the player he was in 2021. He was awful today and I still stand by that he shouldn’t of been offered a new contract for this season. Dom Thomas was also poor and missed a glorious chance when clean through and lobbed it wide. Still waiting to see the Thomas that’s been so highly thought of by others 

Hamilton looked alright, particularly 1st half. Both centre mids looked decent but their whole team looked gubbed throughout the 2nd half and i think if the game lasted another 5 minutes or so, a winner would of arrived for us

Decent assessment of how it went tbf.

I'd also like to add that once again Calum Ferrie's kicking and distribution was pretty poor. Very disappointing as I think he's made a solid start to the season and he made some great saves against Dundee (one was outstanding) Three times he was bailed out by his defence after putting us under unnecessary pressure. Couldn't help notice that Willie Muir was sitting among our support up the back, someone who was pretty flawless when it came to that part of his game.

Something for our goalkeeping coach to work on. He's still young so time to get it sorted. It should be a given that every keeper at this level is "a good shot-stopper", it's the other aspects of their game that separate the best from the rest. 

4 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Decent assessment of how it went tbf.

I'd also like to add that once again Calum Ferrie's kicking and distribution was pretty poor. Very disappointing as I think he's made a solid start to the season and he made some great saves against Dundee (one was outstanding) Three times he was bailed out by his defence after putting us under unnecessary pressure. Couldn't help notice that Willie Muir was sitting among our support up the back, someone who was pretty flawless when it came to that part of his game.

Something for our goalkeeping coach to work on. He's still young so time to get it sorted. It should be a given that every keeper at this level is "a good shot-stopper", it's the other aspects of their game that separate the best from the rest. 

We need to move on from Muir now. It’s unfair to constantly compare aspects of ferrie’s game to someone that’s now been released by the club. Ferrie’s distribution was a shambles on Saturday admittedly and it has to improve if he’s got any aspirations of cementing the number 1 jersey long term but I don’t think the “good shot stopper” should be dismissed as easily as you’re suggesting. His saves against Dundee which you highlighted were genuinely outstanding and he was unfortunate against Stranraer that nobody reacted to his penalty save. Would rather a keeper that’s less developed with the ball at their feet but actually saved shots. Coyle and Beuker certainly must see that potential 

Aye he made errors last season but he had great games also. Kept us in the tie away at Dunfermline in the playoffs, especially the save immediately after we scored. 

I am very surprised a new first choice keeper hasn’t been signed so far however. Guess we just need to back Coyle and Beuker’s decisions 

Edited by qpfc

16 hours ago, qpfc said:

We need to move on from Muir now. It’s unfair to constantly compare aspects of ferrie’s game to someone that’s now been released by the club. Ferrie’s distribution was a shambles on Saturday admittedly and it has to improve if he’s got any aspirations of cementing the number 1 jersey long term but I don’t think the “good shot stopper” should be dismissed as easily as you’re suggesting. His saves against Dundee which you highlighted were genuinely outstanding and he was unfortunate against Stranraer that nobody reacted to his penalty save. Would rather a keeper that’s less developed with the ball at their feet but actually saved shots. Coyle and Beuker certainly must see that potential 

Aye he made errors last season but he had great games also. Kept us in the tie away at Dunfermline in the playoffs, especially the save immediately after we scored. 

I am very surprised a new first choice keeper hasn’t been signed so far however. Guess we just need to back Coyle and Beuker’s decisions 

I'm well aware of Ferrie's abilities as a keeper and I've praised him on here many times for good saves. I can also see the potential in him. I think I've been very fair and consistent with my opinion on him and all our keepers over the years (and indeed all our players) They all make errors and have great games so they'll get equal praise and constructive criticism when deserved.

As for "we need to move on from Muir now". Aye but I don't think it's unfair at all to say he could kick and distribute the ball better. I'll always be of the opinion that we shouldn't have released him.  A bit like you think Longridge should never have been re-signed. But aye, I guess we do just need to back Coyle and Beuker's decisions eh 

Edited by Mick1867