Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

11 minutes ago, Marooneye said:

Think it's clear why your committee cannot afford to sack the very rich manager.

If the current Bo’ness United committee have allowed Christie to be unsackable then that is very concerning.

I have spent today with a dose of the shits and its still preferable to watching Christie’s team.

55 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I grew up in the same street as Max in Edinburgh, though didn’t know him that well as a couple of years younger than me. 

I still live in the same area and Max runs a financial adviser firm about 5 minutes walk from my house.

For a negotiated price I would be willing to be a proxy for BU fans and demonstrate with placards outside his place of business.

For an additional fee I will periodically open the door to his firm and loudly boo and whistle at Max.

That's very kind of you. Or you could open the door and offer him another job.

He's done Midlothian (Bonnyrigg), West Lothian (Broxburn), East Lothian (Tranent) and us.

He may still have Fife on his bucket list! 😉

9 hours ago, Arnie said:

Where’s yer proof or you talking shite again . Please show me 

We heard the same stuff when McGonigal was manager. Best not to pay attention to those from over the hill.

Edited by John S

I’ve had a go in the past about people posting negative comments about the club but I’m now joining them. That East Kilbride side yesterday have been struggling of late but they turned us over. We had outstanding performances from Musa and McArthur which kept the score down, it could have easily finished 5 or 6.

We were ok the 1st half but completely overrun in the 2nd. Not only can we not score goals but the midfield never laid glove on them, not a tackle, never won a second ball and were totally outplayed by the two slightly overweight EK centre mids. If we can’t win the ball, how do we create and actually score some goals.

Locke roasted and wasted at right back, Jacobs out on loan, Gemmell warming the bench for 90 minutes contributed to a performance more suited to relegation rather than climbing the league.

If the manager is still in charge and puts out yesterday’s formation and tactics against the Rose, we are in for a pumping.

Awful !!!

Interesting stats when you look at league , Rangers B top having conceded more goals than BU and Celtic B only conceded one less .

That tells us the problem isn’t so much with the defence even though we have sold quite a few goals .

11 hours ago, BUrambler said:

So sack the manager and sell 20 players , yeh we can afford that 😂

When Max came in he was able to transform the existing squad going undefeated the rest of that season. Since then though the win rate has reduced and although sacking the manager and getting rid of all the players is not a practical solution there clearly needs to be some sort of change to improve the situation on the park. 

33 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Jamie Penker. Should the BU's try and secure a longer stay ?

He hasn't shown much....but then he has hardly had the ball played to him.

Bigger problems to sort out Dave,but Penker has proved he can score goals in the Lowland League.Would think Spartans FC will want to keep hold of him.

4 hours ago, dolly said:

I’ve had a go in the past about people posting negative comments about the club but I’m now joining them. That East Kilbride side yesterday have been struggling of late but they turned us over. We had outstanding performances from Musa and McArthur which kept the score down, it could have easily finished 5 or 6.

We were ok the 1st half but completely overrun in the 2nd. Not only can we not score goals but the midfield never laid glove on them, not a tackle, never won a second ball and were totally outplayed by the two slightly overweight EK centre mids. If we can’t win the ball, how do we create and actually score some goals.

Locke roasted and wasted at right back, Jacobs out on loan, Gemmell warming the bench for 90 minutes contributed to a performance more suited to relegation rather than climbing the league.

If the manager is still in charge and puts out yesterday’s formation and tactics against the Rose, we are in for a pumping.

Awful !!!

Gemmell dropped and suddenly you change your opinion.Mmm.

2 hours ago, John S said:

When Max came in he was able to transform the existing squad going undefeated the rest of that season. Since then though the win rate has reduced and although sacking the manager and getting rid of all the players is not a practical solution there clearly needs to be some sort of change to improve the situation on the park. 

Yes he managed to get a tune out of the old squad but majority of replacements have been pretty poor. Some players signed looked good but for some reason he got rid of them, Carstairs and Watt for example and the continual changes from game to game is hard to understand. Time for a freshening up in management. The players are not all bad, just need better guidance.