Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

That was brilliant fun.

After the first half I was calculating how many goals / time left it would take for me to get a head start on the drive back Vs is it worth staying to tell Max to get a taxi. Not for a minute did I think it would end jumping up in the air celebrating a last minute winner. What football is all about.

30 minutes ago, Nicholas Rage said:

That was brilliant fun.

After the first half I was calculating how many goals / time left it would take for me to get a head start on the drive back Vs is it worth staying to tell Max to get a taxi. Not for a minute did I think it would end jumping up in the air celebrating a last minute winner. What football is all about.

That was the perfect example of a game of two halves. First 45 mins we were absolutely honking. After half time there was only one team going to win it. A bit of spirit and credit where it’s due.

The reaction by the players to the winner and their rush to the bench said a lot to me. 
Starting with three at the back is something I’m not keen on and so it proved but fair do’s to Max he hooked Ryan(who was getting a roasting from the left winger) and Jamie Penker (who looked lost) after 30 mins and brought on Heeps and Jones.

Things looked a bit bleak when McCormack - injured - didn’t return after the interval and replaced him at Right back with trialist - Zata

The team worked their way into the game and showed a lot more determination and got the win.

Edited by boheesian

4 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Trialist is Mati Zata.  Ex Camelon and Bo'ness Athletic.

Looks like he would have been full-time with Rangers and Dundee United earlier in his career:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/mati-zata/profil/spieler/406735

Guess he was surplus to requirements at Camelon when all the Syngenta players arrived.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Looks like he would have been full-time with Rangers and Dundee United earlier in his career:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/mati-zata/profil/spieler/406735

Guess he was surplus to requirements at Camelon when all the Syngenta players arrived.

Did a decent job when coming on for the 2nd half.