Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

4 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Yes I know all that, but I’m asking if it’s right they’d approached the Rose first but got told to bolt prior to rocking up at Newtown as BU Juniors?

Not true athletic with one of previous aliases thistle did not get on with the rose kinda similar relationship with united ( you see a pattern here )

thistle & committee at time ( what happened to them also ????) saw opportunity with united moving up and rest is history 

On 12/02/2023 at 10:25, Yodanumber1 said:

Athletic may be in a pub league but trounced rose and have put 2 players senior in 3 seasons, seems like they are doing a lot right on a small budget

Transferring 2 players to senior teams in 3 seasons is a bit embarrassing considering every single one your players is a "senior" and you play in a "senior" league - Syngenta have moved more players to senior teams in the last week ;)

18 hours ago, Bublue said:

Not true athletic with one of previous aliases thistle did not get on with the rose kinda similar relationship with united ( you see a pattern here )

thistle & committee at time ( what happened to them also ????) saw opportunity with united moving up and rest is history 

Ok cheers just wasn’t sure. What was the beef between them and the Rose?

Don’t think there was any beef between the Rose and Thistle. Just two different entities and with the community club maybe a case of too many different egos and interests in the room.

In fairness to Athletic. They have made the best job of converting from amateur. They’ll disappear in a few years I’d imagine when they stop winning 20 odd nil a week.

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Don’t think there was any beef between the Rose and Thistle. Just two different entities and with the community club maybe a case of too many different egos and interests in the room.

In fairness to Athletic. They have made the best job of converting from amateur. They’ll disappear in a few years I’d imagine when they stop winning 20 odd nil a week.

Hope so but a bit quicker than that.

Dylan Coll away on loan to Benburb for a month on loan according to BU Twitter

Came back crocked from a loan spell at Kilbirnie and appears to be in Max's bad books.   Surprised that Max isn't giving the 21 year old a chance in a defensive midfield role.  

Edited by Deanburn Dave

Decent performance from BU but we can’t score so can’t win games and we sell our centre forward to opponents , great thinking .

McArthur MOTM followed by Musa for some good saves including a great penalty save .

Season can’t end soon enough .

The rest I’ve said before .