Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

18 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Only good thing about the Derby is the 6 points we are guaranteed.

Dunderheid, I know you are trolling but here are the league stats between the sides

Bo'ness United Won 55, wee rose won 51, with 27 draws.

So even in your wildest dreams you'll be a while catching up.

19 hours ago, Costa Crookies said:

Be good to get the derby back. Hopefully the wee rose getting up by the back door will shut them up about our promotion.

What back door chief? We at least won our league and are available for a play off should it be necessary. No guarantee that we will be in the Lowland League next season as yet. 

24 minutes ago, Black Dug said:

What back door chief? We at least won our league and are available for a play off should it be necessary. No guarantee that we will be in the Lowland League next season as yet. 

I think everyone will agree that it would have been better that Covid hadn’t happened, and the season had played out. But we won the league according to the criteria at the time. 
As you say no guarantee of promotion yet, but no play off against Beith, possibly no play off at all, is what I mean by the back door. Not won on the field, but due to off field regulations.

Anyway cup half full, will enjoy the return of the wee rose when/if it happens.

4 minutes ago, Costa Crookies said:

I think everyone will agree that it would have been better that Covid hadn’t happened, and the season had played out. But we won the league according to the criteria at the time. 
As you say no guarantee of promotion yet, but no play off against Beith, possibly no play off at all, is what I mean by the back door. Not won on the field, but due to off field regulations.

Anyway cup half full, will enjoy the return of the wee rose when/if it happens.

Of course with events still to be decided or more likely forced on us Div 6 could be both our destination.

17 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The Scottish Fitbaw pyramid is currently part shambles and part enigma smothered in secret sauce.

Doesn’t matter what ingredients you use it still come out as an unpalatable mess.

.The clubs apart from the O/F don’t have the balls to stand up to Maxwell and his hangers on.

The Lowland League teams need to get themselves organised and hold firm.    Look at the 10 League Two teams.   They said 2 of the 3 options suggested were not going to happen and that was that......create a tier 5 conference league and effectively relegate 200 clubs.

21 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The Lowland League teams need to get themselves organised and hold firm.    Look at the 10 League Two teams.   They said 2 of the 3 options suggested were not going to happen and that was that......create a tier 5 conference league and effectively relegate 200 clubs.

Given their record on allowing the B teams into the LL I'm not sure the other teams will be against the Conference League. 

14 hours ago, boheesian said:

Any updates on Jamie Hamilton and Lennon Walker.

Hammy was at a game a couple of weeks ago. He no longer has to wear the boot but is still limping. A fair bit to go for him yet I reckon