Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

Armadale would be perfect for the final but I suppose they'll want a LL ground... So Boredwood makes sense 😴

Nothing against Berwick, good ground and people (as much as we jest) but it's mental when there's no financial help for the clubs. Can't see there being much of a crowd except neutrals looking to tick a box

26 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Armadale would be perfect for the final but I suppose they'll want a LL ground... So Boredwood makes sense 😴

Nothing against Berwick, good ground and people (as much as we jest) but it's mental when there's no financial help for the clubs. Can't see there being much of a crowd except neutrals looking to tick a box

Do the clubs get a share of the b team money ?

Edited by lithgierose

26 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Hospitality wouldn't come into a share of the gate. For what its worth I heard the venue for the final was decided before the start of the competition seems a bit mad now with the 2 finalists probably should just toss a coin for it.

Oh yeah I realise that about hospitality, mentioned it because of the extra income Berwick made, on top of all the gate money. Nice wee earner for them.

So the Clubs in the final get hee haw. They increase the gate money by £2 for whose benefit? Berwick will get the ground rental plus whatever they make from the food outlet. The Blazers wil get their snouts into some free nosh. What a shambles and it’s the LL standard from top to bottom.

33 minutes ago, BonessBWAH_ said:

Lennon Walker getting released by Falkirk. Would be great if we could sign him up.

Blair Sneddon also released by Falkirk, who I believe is also a local lad and was impressive at Berwick this season.

I believe Sneddon has already signed for Berwick for next year.

It must be hard for players like Lenny released at this stage of their career.  Presumably he still dreams of playing at a much higher level but reality is kicking in and he realises that Fitbaw at tier 5 is probably his level.    

I hope he signs for the BU's.   

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

It must be hard for players like Lenny released at this stage of their career.  Presumably he still dreams of playing at a much higher level but reality is kicking in and he realises that Fitbaw at tier 5 is probably his level.    

I hope he signs for the BU's.   

It would be great if Lennon was fit and available to play on Sunday

If Lenny is able to play on Sunday it puts the EK defence 10-15 yards deeper to counter the threat of him running unto the space behind them. That gives space for Johnston, Alasson and Grant  to play Fitbaw in the midfield.   

Without Lenny ............things will be a lot trickier.

6 hours ago, John S said:

Where are the BU fans today? We're at the 'Dale

I didn't plan to go to a game .............but like a junkie I had to get a fix............ 

I dropped in to see the second half of the Bo'ness Athletic v West Calder game.  NO MONEY WAS PAID !! 

Athletic were 3-2 up at that point and eventually won 5-3........and they missed another 5 great chances.     Paterson, Daramola and Rose are too good for tier 9 and were all guilty of showboating at times.    Even Woody the barrel shaped centrehalf was going on mazy runs.       

Crowd was about 120.   Dozens of younger fans there, many wearing Bo'ness Athletic scarfs.    A number of scarfs appeared to be getting handed out free by Athletic committee members.    Looks like they are targeting the younger fans of the town which makes sense.

Weather for the Final ................11C.     Cloudy but dry.  No more than a light breeze.   Decent conditions for Fitbaw.

Referee is Colin Whyte  (hopefully that doesn't turn out to be rhyming slang !!) 

Mon the BU's !!