There was a coo

Dont know why but watched the highlights from Saturday. Interesting that they’ve cut lemons howler out for galas first goal, I like how ruthless Ross is not a lot of managers would hook a player after a terrible first 15/20mins. One thing i’ve noticed since the first pre season games is how bad we are at throw ins if its not a foul throw which at this level is ridiculous its us just throwing the ball straight to an opposition head.

Edited by cowdenbeath0-3
Error in spelling

4 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Dont know why but watched the highlights from Saturday. Interesting that they’ve cut lemons howler out for galas first goal, I like how ruthless Ross is not a lot of managers would hook a player after a terrible first 15/20mins. One thing i’ve noticed since the first pre season games is how bad we are at throw ins if its not a foul throw which at this level is ridiculous its us just throwing the ball straight to an opposition head.

I’ve noticed quite a few foul throws as well.

Still to watch the highlights but no idea why they cut out Lemons mistake as that was the cause of the goal.

No idea who does the edit.

27 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

You get the full build up to the first goal on Galas YouTube.

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

We were discussing this in the pub the other night as I'd noticed the grass terracing being used at New Dundas. 

I think it was a certain Albion Rovers director who was on the League Management committee at the time was a stickler for rules against grass banking. He's off it now and things seem to be a bit more relaxed. 

As for the Ainslie Park turnstiles a couple of them could be 109 years old as they came from Tynecastle's old main stand which was built in 1913. City paid for and built the block and Spartans painted it blue and stuck their badge on it, the rascals. 

They really want everything!! Jus to call their own. F.c Edinburgh missed the chance to put thier badge on them.

Edited by Lowland team
Mistake

Just watched the highlights from the Gala match, sound like a stuck record as I’ve said this a couple of times recently, but again the highlights suggest we had a number of clear chances that were passed up.

From that point of view, I am encouraged, and if a couple of new (better ?!) players could be added to the squad, even more so.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

I’ve noticed quite a few foul throws as well.

Still to watch the highlights but no idea why they cut out Lemons mistake as that was the cause of the goal.

No idea who does the edit.

Foul throws have been a joke had 2 against east fife, 2 against celtic B also. 2 too many for me

56 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Just watched the highlights from the Gala match, sound like a stuck record as I’ve said this a couple of times recently, but again the highlights suggest we had a number of clear chances that were passed up.

From that point of view, I am encouraged, and if a couple of new (better ?!) players could be added to the squad, even more so.

We really should have won on Saturday you have to take your chances when your on top. Gala took a chance and got a winner from it.

1 hour ago, Lowland team said:

They really want everything!! Jus to call their own. F.c Edinburgh missed the chance to put thier badge on them.

Getting off topic for a Cowden forum but can only presume it was part of the tenancy agreement. At the end of the day City needed Spartans help more than Spartans needed them.

6 hours ago, Burnieman said:

I note Bonnyrigg had 1,100 on Saturday and they've had well over 2,000 in the last few seasons in Scottish Cup games (and v Hibs in the League Cup), so even basic grounds can accommodate bigger crowds when needed.  What I would say though is that if you're a league club, you should have a seated stand, New Dundas Park lacks this.  

Bonnyrigg has just about reached the 20th century (not 21st) with the installation of a few seats for the visiting dignitaries. Still not under cover, but a start all the same.

2 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

After a look online i am looking for a confirmation from possibly an older supporter. Is this the home top from 1978?

It is season 78-9 a classic the away one was a red reverse of it. One of our best ever,

11 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Getting off topic for a Cowden forum but can only presume it was part of the tenancy agreement. At the end of the day City needed Spartans help more than Spartans needed them.

Nope the sfa and spfl insisted they were erected.

1 minute ago, Lowland team said:

Nope the sfa and spfl insisted they were erected.

That's what I meant I know fine well you need proper turnstiles with counters for the SPFL and my point stands that City had little choice but install them to be able to groundshare there.

8 hours ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Bus running to hearts B on Wednesday night, message the junction bar supporters club on facebook to enquire for a seat.

You will be made most welcome by John in the Eddie Thomson bar before the match and at half time. 👍