There was a coo

22 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Yeah Osbourne played last 20mins centre half, dealt with all long balls. I go newburgh every free week we have as my brother in law plays for them. Again a nice basic set up cheap hospitality aswell. The place itself has little to offer and ground is right next to water so gives arbroath vibes when it’s windy🤣

Looks like Harry is settling there!

Never passed through there before, you'll get to watch him from the 1919 bar next season when they visit the shipwreck!

Edited by CowdenMiners1204

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

The current chairman who has been there from day one in 1975 is a builder and has more or less built the ground from nothing to what it is now over the years.

A real labour of love.

What is Crossgates ground like? Looks a bit more basic from pictures, no cover? A Crossgates/HOB match must get a bit tasty at times 😀

31 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

A real labour of love.

What is Crossgates ground like? Looks a bit more basic from pictures, no cover? A Crossgates/HOB match must get a bit tasty at times 😀

There was 300 odd in Keirs Park when they derbied on a Tuesday night back in April. So would have been tempers rising seeing as they lost 1-0 and looking like real relegation candidates at that point!

The next Tuesday Swifts were playing there and that got over 200! 

8 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

A real labour of love.

A tiny wee bit of shelter by the pavilion/pie hut but yeah pretty much just a patch or grass with the pitch marked out and a barrier round the outside. Think there is a path round the park so if you get to the front you'll be on a hard surface, otherwise you'll be standing on grass. Not great when it's pouring tbf.

9 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

A real labour of love.

Quite open ground alright on a nice day! They have plans to put an all weather pitch in which is going to be rotated 90 degrees from current one.

11 hours ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

There was 300 odd in Keirs Park when they derbied on a Tuesday night back in April. So would have been tempers rising seeing as they lost 1-0 and looking like real relegation candidates at that point!

The next Tuesday Swifts were playing there and that got over 200! 

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

A tiny wee bit of shelter by the pavilion/pie hut but yeah pretty much just a patch or grass with the pitch marked out and a barrier round the outside. Think there is a path round the park so if you get to the front you'll be on a hard surface, otherwise you'll be standing on grass. Not great when it's pouring tbf.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Quite open ground alright on a nice day! They have plans to put an all weather pitch in which is going to be rotated 90 degrees from current one.

Thanks for the info everyone, need to take in the derby sometime I reckon. Only had the chance to glance at the wee programme from yesterday and they had all last season’s results and attendances, there were over 300 at both the HOB/Crossgates derbies, good crowds and should make a cracking atmosphere.

As an aside, to an outsider Crossgates always gets lumped in with Dunfermline, though it always feels more like it should be Cowdenbeath (they are about equidistant I think).  Maybe it’s because the village is on the Cowdenbeath side of the M90 and so close to Hill of Beath that it feels like that. Also, Beath High school is the catchment school according to wiki.

No offence intended to any Crossgates people if this is a thorny subject, they maybe don’t want to be seen as part of either. 🤣

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Thanks for the info everyone, need to take in the derby sometime I reckon. Only had the chance to glance at the wee programme from yesterday and they had all last season’s results and attendances, there were over 300 at both the HOB/Crossgates derbies, good crowds and should make a cracking atmosphere.

As an aside, to an outsider Crossgates always gets lumped in with Dunfermline, though it always feels more like it should be Cowdenbeath (they are about equidistant I think).  Maybe it’s because the village is on the Cowdenbeath side of the M90 and so close to Hill of Beath that it feels like that. Also, Beath High school is the catchment school according to wiki.

No offence intended to any Crossgates people if this is a thorny subject, they maybe don’t want to be seen as part of either. 🤣

Beath HS was certainly the destination for pupils in Crossgates and as such I have always associated an alignment between Cowdenbeath & Crossgates. That said that was around 45 years ago a few changes since then, onlu one Beath HS site now and quite a bit of new house building in Crossgates, so not sure what the sittuation is now.

Edited by Blue Oktober
Typo

21 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

Beath HS was certainly the destination for pupils in Crossgates and as such I have always associated an alignment between Cowdenbeath & Crossgates. That said that was around 45 years ago a few changes since then, onlu one Beath HS site now and quite a bit of new house building in Crossgates, so not sure what the sittuation is now.

I think for me being from Edinburgh it might be that Stuart Adamson is always associated with being from Dunfermline (I know he was actually born in England), but the fact he grew up in Crossgates and went to Beath high school I think he can be claimed for Cowdenbeath.  I’ll start the campaign, forget the fact he was a Pars fan 😉😀

Edited by Cowdenleith

47 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

I know allot of friends that have moved to Crossgates in the past few years, with the rising house prices in Dunfermline rising it's an attractive location. 

4 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

I think for me being from Edinburgh it might be that Stuart Adamson is always associated with being from Dunfermline (I know he was actually born in England), but the fact he grew up in Crossgates and went to Beath high school I think he can be claimed for Cowdenbeath.  I’ll start the campaign, forget the fact he was a Pars fan 😉😀

I had the honour of being invited back to Beath HS  earlier this month as a former pupil and Headboy  to present awatds to the current cohort, and there is a tribute to Stuart amongst  others in the reception area

Edited by Blue Oktober
typo

5 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Its more or less in the middle, football wise more Dunfermline supporting than Cowden. Re Stuart Adamson although a Pars fan I used to see him at a few midweek Cowden games back in the day.

Although a Dunfermline band none of the Skids came from there originally - Stuart - Crossgates, Richard Jobson - Ballingry, Bill Simpson - Lochgelly and Tam Kellichan - Cowdenbeath.

Edited by cowdenbeath

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Its more or less in the middle, football wise more Dunfermline supporting than Cowden. Re Stuart Adamson although a Pars fan I used to see him at a few midweek Cowden games back in the day.

Although a Dunfermline band none of the Skids came from there originally - Stuart - Crossgates, Richard Jobson - Ballingry, Bill Simpson - Lochgelly and Tam Kellichan - Cowdenbeath.

Wasn’t enough room for a whole Zal plus another band in 1 town 😏

2 hours ago, therewasacoo said:

Seen someone on twitter earlier saying Daniel martins was on trial at Albion rovers yesterday, don’t know how true that is considering he just left us to join camelon at the start of the year

He quickly fell out of the Camelon side when their new management came in and hardly played a game.

He left by mutual consent at the end of last season.

5 hours ago, therewasacoo said:

Seen someone on twitter earlier saying Daniel martins was on trial at Albion rovers yesterday, don’t know how true that is considering he just left us to join camelon at the start of the year

I seen highlights of what looked like him as Airdrie beat Albion 5-0.

He looked absolutely dreadful.

23 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

They need to do something,for the level they are at it is fairly poor for the spectator. 

Though it's not near as bad as Rosyth s park. That only looks fit for 7 a side football. I hope they sort something soon. 

Best of luck to Cowden this season. 

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

They need to do something,for the level they are at it is fairly poor for the spectator. 

Though it's not near as bad as Rosyth s park. That only looks fit for 7 a side football. I hope they sort something soon. 

Best of luck to Cowden this season. 

We were at Rosyth last Saturday must have been a capacity crowd 🥹

They have been well shafted over the sale of the old ground,

Practice for going to Alliance Park.

9 hours ago, therewasacoo said:

And apparently Carlos Lyon popped up as a trialist for Clyde at the weekend as well.