There was a coo

I can't remember the last time I felt so gutted yet proud for my team. What a shift to a man our lads put in - clearly the fitter and better side were going to dominate most of the match but we did have some half decent chances. We did not let any St Mirren player settle which showed in the amount of mistakes we made them make, as well as the extremely frustrated away support.

Couple of points - Smith is an idiot and could have seen a straight red for the second yellow. We lost the game as the boys were absolutely fucked but that did not help anyone, disappointed in him. Dougie was also rightly yellow carded early in the game, had he jumped half a second later he'd have been binned as well although he was a rock until going off injured.

That's the first time I've seen this team - if that's the level of performance we can expect then I sure as he'll am looking forward to this season. The application was simply outstanding against superior opposition.

Proud as f**k tonight.

5 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Fair play to the St Mirren fans, they came in really good numbers and the ones round us at the far end of the terracing seemed a decent bunch.

Even with a split gate, the club should have made a few quid tonight.

They were a good bunch the St Mirren supporters, had a decent chat with a few of them, a credit to their club.

5 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Cheeky wee price hike for tonights game.

We were playing a top 6 Premiership side and its a shared gate so clubs have to agree. In context Kelty took £14 against L2 Stranraer tonight.

Couldn't be more proud of the lads after what has been a tough last 6 days!. 6 days we have had to play a premier league club/championship and league 1 top team.  In all of those we have matched and battled and played well. 

Some great individual performances but to a man everyone has been great. It raises the expectations perhaps but this group is gelling well on and off the pitch and we have ultimately some really good footballers.

The players this last 6 days shown that desire quality and fitness to go toe to toe with teams and that should b commended to the manager also for being brave in his set up.

League starts Saturday and hopefully a good away crowd. 

Mon the cowden.

2 hours ago, vince sinclair said:

Anyone in stand give comment on the pen claim first half? From terrace likes like clear hand ball 

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

It was for me.

33 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

Check ma fb deac.... got the clip. Stonewaller

We were far away on the other end of the terracing but the roar from the home stand was really loud, usually a good indicator as they would have clear view.

Shout for one in the second half as well.

Edited by Cowdenleith

With all the positivity surrounding our cup campaign after 4 excellent performances against tough opposition maybe it’s time for the club to highlight the CISS again on social media/local press and get a few more people signed up💙