There was a coo

37 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Had a nice conversation with Si ferry and Mick kennedy before they left last night. They were full of praise after watching cowdenbeath said boys were looking very good. Didn’t get a reply thought after asking if he was worried for playing us in a couple of weeks😂

Didn't realise they were there. Obviously scouting their difficult opponent's (us) 😂

We shouldn't be fearing anyone. We have played 3 difficult games. Two of which full time and one a very experienced and wise Lowland League side CSS. Viaplay although not at the games perception we matched Premiership, Championship and other SPFL sides.

Let's Go 

Edited by Cowden316

Cracking result and amazing performance last night.

Received the most recent Cowdenbeath Independent Supporters Society (CISS) Membership numbers yesterday. We currently have 58 paid members. Anyone who would like to contribute would be greatly appreciated. We are looking at an ambitious target of 75 members by Saturday. 17 more supporters would see this happen and help us move towards out targets. 

If you have recently setup payments, Membership numbers will be sent very soon.

Let's do this!

5 hours ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Had a nice conversation with Si ferry and Mick kennedy before they left last night. They were full of praise after watching cowdenbeath said boys were looking very good. Didn’t get a reply thought after asking if he was worried for playing us in a couple of weeks😂

I’ve no doubt they are interesting to talk to, but there’s something about the pair of them that I can’t take to.

Was down at Gala/E Kilbride today, and Kilby won it at a canter, goalie had some good saves to keep the score down to 6. Seriously, this team will take double figures off someone soon if they have the mind to.

Even when they were on easy street Kennedy was preening about like prime Juergen Klopp, nipping at the officials constantly. Thought EK were quite cynical as well, trying to wind up the Gala players.

I don’t think Gala are a very good side, so hard to make a judgement, and I haven’t seen Tranent yet, but I think EK will win the league with something to spare, sadly.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

I’ve no doubt they are interesting to talk to, but there’s something about the pair of them that I can’t take to.

Was down at Gala/E Kilbride today, and Kilby won it at a canter, goalie had some good saves to keep the score down to 6. Seriously, this team will take double figures off someone soon if they have the mind to.

Even when they were on easy street Kennedy was preening about like prime Juergen Klopp, nipping at the officials constantly. Thought EK were quite cynical as well, trying to wind up the Gala players.

I don’t think Gala are a very good side, so hard to make a judgement, and I haven’t seen Tranent yet, but I think EK will win the league with something to spare, sadly.

Going by budget alone, it’s hard to see past £ast £ilbride. Don’t mind Kennedy tbh as his Soldiers of Love speech is comedy gold.
Ferry is a tosser. Trying to give himself credit for claiming the Open Goal “project” was charitable and only about raising the profile of the LL.

Oh my, how to get so wound up by what other people are supposedly doing. . Absolutely total shite that Mick was on at the officials or our players were cynical.  There was not one single flashpoint of any substance. 

Bottom line there was no need to, nor did they. The Gala folk are top  notch and they accepted the result in a far better manner,  suggest you are looking for fault when there was non.

16 minutes ago, ekok said:

Oh my, how to get so wound up by what other people are supposedly doing. . Absolutely total shite that Mick was on at the officials or our players were cynical.  There was not one single flashpoint of any substance. 

Bottom line there was no need to, nor did they. The Gala folk are top  notch and they accepted the result in a far better manner,  suggest you are looking for fault when there was non.

Wound up, not me. Strangely the Gala fans we were sitting around us up the social club end of the stand didn’t seem to share your enthusiasm that there was some sort of love in between the two sides and that the officials were balanced in their decisions.

If you missed the niggle that crept in second half you can’t have been paying much attention.  Did you miss the swing of the arm (and miss) that one of your players took at the Gala player? Referee chose to ignore completely.

It was really cute second half when Mick draped his arms around the referee while they were both by the touch line, thought he was going to maybe give him a neck massage. Lovely.

22 minutes ago, ekok said:

Most teams praise their opponents after beating them, the truth is most of us are bad losers and there is nothing wrong with that in my opinion. 

12 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Most teams praise their opponents after beating them, the truth is most of us are bad losers and there is nothing wrong with that in my opinion. 

Exactly, it’s easy to be patronising when you could have hit double figures. Anyway, no saying any more about EK on this thread, at least until we play them. 😬

Patronising my arse, from absolutely day 1 East Kibride have tried to be the opposite of Billy BB. 

Yes we have had some great exposure,  yes we we have a big budget,  yes we are a target,  yes we have had fantastic attention. Yes we are a well respected Club within  Scottish football at large.

I challenge you to to produce any evidence of the opposite.  .

7 minutes ago, ekok said:

Patronising my arse, from absolutely day 1 East Kibride have tried to be the opposite of Billy BB. 

Yes we have had some great exposure,  yes we we have a big budget,  yes we are a target,  yes we have had fantastic attention. Yes we are a well respected Club within  Scottish football at large.

Are you ok?

4 minutes ago, ekok said:

Couldn’t give a toss about EK my friend, produce evidence, yeah ok 🤣

You do sound a bit touchy about others perceptions of EK though.

You should be basking in the glory of today’s demolition job, grab a beer and relax.

8 minutes ago, ekok said:

:lol:  

Just now, Cowdenleith said:

Couldn’t give a toss about EK my friend, produce evidence, yeah ok 🤣

You do sound a bit touchy about others perceptions of EK though.

You should be basking in the glory of today’s demolition job, grab a beer and relax.

So for someone who doesn't give a toss, seem pretty invested.  Yes enjoyed today, on and off the pitch.  

Let's just concentrate on ourselves and not other LL sides management teams. Big game vs Edinburgh University next Saturday for us to build and further momentum.

Fans backing is excellent and the players and staff really appreciate it. 👏 

5 minutes ago, CowdenPhil said:

Let's just concentrate on ourselves and not other LL sides management teams. Big game vs Edinburgh University next Saturday for us to build and further momentum.

Well said!

5 hours ago, CowdenPhil said:

Agree. Let's concentrate on our results and see where that takes us.

We have no control over other results only control against the opposition on match day.

Regards the Rodden incident; has it been confirmed exactly why he was sent off? If the alleged turns out to be true, he'll face a lengthy ban and I'd assume the club may fine him?

If it's not true it would also be good to put an unfair allegation to bed. Either way he'll be a loss to us on the park, been an excellent addition.