There was a coo

35 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

I've heard from an extremely reliable source that the Cowdenbeath legend is being paid four figures to appear. What on earth is going on up there?!

Your source is once again unreliable. It was a six figure fee and some holiday vouchers for Berwick Caravan Park.

50 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

I've heard from an extremely reliable source that the Cowdenbeath legend is being paid four figures to appear. What on earth is going on up there?!

You’re flogging this ‘Cowdenbeath throwing money about like it’s going out of fashion’ schtick to truly tedious levels now. 

First disappointing performance of the season for me. Lots of changes due to injuries/knocks I presume. First half well off the pace. Second half competed better. Deserved win for Tranent. 
Edit to add. These injuries are killing us. 

Edited by onecowden

12 minutes ago, onecowden said:

First disappointing performance of the season for me. Lots of changes due to injuries/knocks I presume. First half well off the pace. Second half competed better. Deserved win for Tranent. 
Edit to add. These injuries are killing us. 

Yeah. Injuries hurting badly. 1st XI more than a match for anyone. Otherwise better than many but not the top teams.   

1 minute ago, Cowden316 said:

That was a frustrating watch tonight and we were well of the pace.

Disappointing but understandable at the same time with game's coming thick and fast and injuries.

At least the players kept trying but we were not at the races with our final ball tonight and couldn't break down Tranent.

It was one of those games where we could have played all night and nothing would happen I felt.

We were unfortunate not to score too with the one on one.

We know at least we have a good squad who are pleasing to watch and will get us results

Tonight wasn't to be and we move on to look forward to next game aiming for the 3 points and hopefully go on a winning streak 

P.s

Great to see lot's of fans backing the club tonight with another good attendance Which will make such a difference on and off the park 

Its been some run of games 4 Viaplay Cup and 8 league and its just the 1st week of September and injuries etc have caught up.

Played better 2nd half when we made the changes but not many chances. To be fair Tranent are a decent side.

Good crowd for a midweek 330.

Yes,Tranent are a decent side. Higginbotham's finish really classy. Damage done really in the first half. Macnab is far too valuable in midfield to play in defence. A lesson learned hopefully. I've never rated Cunningham and was surprised when we resigned him. He did nothing tonight to change my opinion but maybe he will prove me wrong. Too bad the injuries came at the time they did.

8 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Its been some run of games 4 Viaplay Cup and 8 league and its just the 1st week of September and injuries etc have caught up.

Played better 2nd half when we made the changes but not many chances. To be fair Tranent are a decent side.

Good crowd for a midweek 330.

It's a pity both league games are midweek, could have had a couple of great crowds. 

5 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Be good if we can capatilise on a good home crowd for the Scottish Cup tie which could be a good day and night out with the Junction Cowdenbeath Supporters Club's Race Night the same day. 

Should be a good crowd Linlithgow will bring a decent number over.

Tranent were deserved winners and looked really sharp in the first half. Their first goal was however a bit of a gift due to some woeful marking at a free kick. Felt glad to get to half time at 1-0 down but we could have had an equaliser following some rare good link up play and a clear chance at goal near to the end of the first 45.  Thought the ball was still going in after the keeper blocked it but it wasn’t to be. 

Cowden looked like a different team in the second half after the change were made. Much more zip and pace in our play and some good passing football. We were definitely causing Tranent significantly more problems to deal with. Loads of endeavour but we couldn’t break down their defence. Then they demonstrated how to finish for their second goal and it was game over. 
Obviously a disappointing result but we were up against a team who will probably be challenging for the title. Injuries to key players are also impacting, so I hope things start to improve on that front. 

No complaints about the result. Players looked jaded tonight after a tough run of games. Forced to rotate the squad and the stand ins lack the energy of others. Much better when we agin had to to turn to Zac, JJ etc but injuries list is getting longer by the day it seems.

Special mention to the Tranent “Directors” or might have just been a gang on a works night out who got the wrong seats.