There was a coo

Not a great day.We missed Butterworth badly. Hepburn, who has  been solid all season, looked a bag of nerves throughout, and gifted the opening goal. The big number  nine gave us plenty of problems,and in the second half we were all over the place and could have conceded more. All topped off with a loss of discipline at the end. If the ref had given a penalty instead of booking McPherson it might have been different but in the end we were well beaten.

3 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

. If the ref had given a penalty instead of booking McPherson it might have been different but in the end we were well beaten.

I was up that end behind the goals 1st half, it was marginally outside the box, and I am certain I heard contact.

5 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

Not a great day.We missed Butterworth badly. Hepburn, who has  been solid all season, looked a bag of nerves throughout, and gifted the opening goal. The big number  nine gave us plenty of problems,and in the second half we were all over the place and could have conceded more. All topped off with a loss of discipline at the end. If the ref had given a penalty instead of booking McPherson it might have been different but in the end we were well beaten.

Scott Dalziel, ex Cowden many years ago !

An even 1st half with few real chances apart from the goals. Bad start to the second half losing two quick goals, , manage to get a lifeline only to lose a 4th.

Really silly and needless sending off right a t the end when the result was a certainty.

2 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Scott Dalziel, ex Cowden many years ago !

2006/07 scored 2 on his league debut in a 6-1 thumping of Alloa on the opening day put in a good shift but I thought their best player was number 8 Michael Gemmell formerly of the Haws.

18 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

Not a great day.We missed Butterworth badly. Hepburn, who has  been solid all season, looked a bag of nerves throughout, and gifted the opening goal.

Was VERY lucky early in the second half when a foul was given in his favour when he dropped the ball again from a cross.

Ach it is what it is. Barring a wee trip to Inverness the season is pretty much done. Bad day at the office against a very capable Boness side. 

I imagine there will be a lot of Callum's energy already being allocated towards next season. In spite of a poor league position (a lot to do with injuries plus a leaky defence) there's plenty to build upon. We have some very capable players and I trust the backroom team to strengthen come the season end, and I agree we should spare the money until then.

Sloppy and poor most of the game today. We can't string together more than a few passes and it has been like that for weeks now. Expected to lose today and no surprise that we did. The Bo'ness players were far better on the ball. Amazed that we did not use the sun to our advantage. Their keeper could not see a thing on his left side in the first half. We should have been moving the ball up our right and hitting shots from the edge of the box. Yet we didn't even try and when we did move forward it was up our left.

Hepburn didn't have a great day, dropping the ball for the first goal and hesitated for the header, but he is allowed a few mistakes. Normally reliable.

We are better than last season, but we are only 2 points better off than at this point last season. I think some of our support think we are better than we actually are.

I agree with others re spending. We should be concentrating our efforts now towards next season. It wouldn't take much to make us challenge.

Edited by PELE

15 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Ach it is what it is. Barring a wee trip to Inverness the season is pretty much done. Bad day at the office against a very capable Boness side. 

I imagine there will be a lot of Callum's energy already being allocated towards next season. In spite of a poor league position (a lot to do with injuries plus a leaky defence) there's plenty to build upon. We have some very capable players and I trust the backroom team to strengthen come the season end, and I agree we should spare the money until then.

Still a chance to progress in the South Challenge Cup.

The slump in form and results is a real concern. There has been a lot of good will and support towards the team and club despite our horrendous fall down the leagues. It would be a shame to see the shoots of optimism extinguished before they have started to grow.  The fans have been backing the team as well to their massive credit. 
Yes, definitely need to build for next season yet again but people will soon get fed up unless there is evidence of improvement. We seem far too reliant on a few key individuals. We have all said that we didn’t expect a title challenging  side this season but once again we are in the lower reaches of the Lowland League. 
Hopefully things begin to improve and the manager can sort out the the weaknesses in the team that  clearly need to be addressed. 

edited to add; 

I didn’t mean that post to sound as negative in nature as it may read. I do feel that the club have appointed the right kind of manager to improve things and there is a large chunk of the season remaining. This is a very competitive league but hopefully we can get into the top half this season. Then there definitely will be something to build upon. 

Edited by Only coo in the village

23 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

The slump in form and results is a real concern. There has been a lot of good will and support towards the team and club despite our horrendous fall down the leagues. It would be a shame to see the shoots of optimism extinguished before they have started to grow.  The fans have been backing the team as well to their massive credit. 
Yes, definitely need to build for next season yet again but people will soon get fed up unless there is evidence of improvement. We seem far too reliant on a few key individuals. We have all said that we didn’t expect a title challenging  side this season but once again we are in the lower reaches of the Lowland League. 
Hopefully things begin to improve and the manager can sort out the the weaknesses in the team that  clearly need to be addressed. 

edited to add; 

I didn’t mean that post to sound as negative in nature as it may read. I do feel that the club have appointed the right kind of manager to improve things and there is a large chunk of the season remaining. This is a very competitive league but hopefully we can get into the top half this season. Then there definitely will be something to build upon. 

I agree with you, we can’t give up on this season with less than half the fixtures played.  It’s very tight other than the top and bottom few teams, anyone going on a consistent run could shoot up the table in a matter of weeks.  It’s important for the psyche to finish as high as possible, although I appreciate we don’t want to chuck money away.

Average crowds have been up so far, but that could easily fall away as well.

The lack of wins is obviously killing us, draws are hopeless.  It may feel like draws at home to Albion and Linlithgow were ok, but the brutal truth is you could get horsed 6-0 in one game and get a 1-0 win in the last minute with the only shot on target and you are in a better position. 

43 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I agree with you, we can’t give up on this season with less than half the fixtures played.  It’s very tight other than the top and bottom few teams, anyone going on a consistent run could shoot up the table in a matter of weeks.  It’s important for the psyche to finish as high as possible, although I appreciate we don’t want to chuck money away.

Average crowds have been up so far, but that could easily fall away as well.

The lack of wins is obviously killing us, draws are hopeless.  It may feel like draws at home to Albion and Linlithgow were ok, but the brutal truth is you could get horsed 6-0 in one game and get a 1-0 win in the last minute with the only shot on target and you are in a better position. 

Certainly is tight just 4 points between us in 13th place and Linlithgow Rose in 7th , you just need to look at Strollers to see what a good run can do after losing 4 a 3 game win run has seen them up to 6th.

20 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Certainly is tight just 4 points between us in 13th place and Linlithgow Rose in 7th , you just need to look at Strollers to see what a good run can do after losing 4 a 3 game win run has seen them up to 6th.

That’s the problem tho, we can’t put a run of results together.