There was a coo

50 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Just checked the results. Some good teams left. We can park this now but I must say I’m enjoying this cup run. Hopefully we can get a home draw or a nice away day if we can avoid the obvious tough teams. 

St Andrews away would be nice 🍺

3 hours ago, onecowden said:

Yes. It was an enjoyable afternoons sport. 

What a weird game. Not much in it for the first 20-25 mins. After we scored they fell apart. Some cracking goals.

Second half it was one way traffic. Looked like we would score every time we attacked. 

What is Zac doing at RB? What a waste.

57 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

He did.

31 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

What a weird game. Not much in it for the first 20-25 mins. After we scored they fell apart. Some cracking goals.

Second half it was one way traffic. Looked like we would score every time we attacked. 

What is Zac doing at RB? What a waste.

Zac has been very good at right back each time he has played there.   Jamie Docherty almost scored a wonder goal after he beat 3 players in a marvellous run before firing over the bar when he seemed sure to score 

7 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

And not a single one of them sober. I'm sure I saw their supporters bus left at 10am so they would have been in Cowdenbeath for about 11am.

Give them their due they were waiting to get into the ground to go to our bar before the gates open so we must have made a few quid. Spoke to a few of them all decent folk.

18 hours ago, energyzone said:

Where are you getting that from?

The Kilwinning media guy/tannoy announcer is also one of the guys on the Official Catchup podcast and he made some comments on the latest episode about arrogance from Cowdenbeath when they visited.

When challenged on Twitter he made some quite strong, but rather vague comments backing up what he said on the podcast, and that he was not the only one who felt that. Indicated it wasn’t the players or fans (though we apparently did celebrate too much for his liking), but didn’t elaborate more than that.

I do like him on the podcast though, but I thought this was a bit poor, if he wasn’t prepared to see it through.

19 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

The Kilwinning media guy/tannoy announcer is also one of the guys on the Official Catchup podcast and he made some comments on the latest episode about arrogance from Cowdenbeath when they visited.

When challenged on Twitter he made some quite strong, but rather vague comments backing up what he said on the podcast, and that he was not the only one who felt that. Indicated it wasn’t the players or fans (though we apparently did celebrate too much for his liking), but didn’t elaborate more than that.

I do like him on the podcast though, but I thought this was a bit poor, if he wasn’t prepared to see it through.

It certainly wasn't the impression I got and I was chatting to quite a few fans and board members before, during and afterwards.  Most of the Kilwinning fans who were there were more than happy to be competing against you at this level and it was a great occasion, despite the result.

The goal and final whistle celebrations were loud and long but it was a  deserved win if I'm honest, and if you can't celebrate an away day win in the Scottish Cup then I'm not sure football is the sport for you.

1 hour ago, energyzone said:

It certainly wasn't the impression I got and I was chatting to quite a few fans and board members before, during and afterwards.  Most of the Kilwinning fans who were there were more than happy to be competing against you at this level and it was a great occasion, despite the result.

The goal and final whistle celebrations were loud and long but it was a  deserved win if I'm honest, and if you can't celebrate an away day win in the Scottish Cup then I'm not sure football is the sport for you.

Most of us on here have seen us at the peak of potentially the highest position the club will ever be in the league system from now on. On the flip side, when you tumble down the leagues (deservedly so) in the manner in which we have watching some absolute dross along the way and getting pumped out of the cup competitions as quick as we have, it's only really then people can see why we celebrated the way we did. We are still struggling in the Lowland league this season but at least we have a fairly entertaining side on the park with a few individuals who can genuinely excite a crowd - that's a far cry from the spiral we've been on for nearly the last decade. There seems to be a connection developing again between support and players too which I guess is being driven by the manager and has staff, along with having some really decent guys in the squad.

If anything I'd say it was a compliment to Kilwinning that it happened the way it did - it wasn't a brilliant game but it was certainly a tough one for both sides and one which in recent years we'd have lost.

On 20/11/2023 at 15:22, CowdenLoyal said:

Most of us on here have seen us at the peak of potentially the highest position the club will ever be in the league system from now on. On the flip side, when you tumble down the leagues (deservedly so) in the manner in which we have watching some absolute dross along the way and getting pumped out of the cup competitions as quick as we have, it's only really then people can see why we celebrated the way we did. We are still struggling in the Lowland league this season but at least we have a fairly entertaining side on the park with a few individuals who can genuinely excite a crowd - that's a far cry from the spiral we've been on for nearly the last decade. There seems to be a connection developing again between support and players too which I guess is being driven by the manager and has staff, along with having some really decent guys in the squad

If anything I'd say it was a compliment to Kilwinning that it happened the way it did - it wasn't a brilliant game but it was certainly a tough one for both sides and one which in recent years we'd have lost.

I’m always amazed at the hatred of Cowdenbeath from very random individuals with no apparent axe to grind. Every defeat is accompanied on Facebook by fannies having a go. Usually from Cowdenbeath and their pages adorned by an arse cheeks allegiance.
Who knew so many Glaswegians live in Cowdenbeath..?