There was a coo

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

That was a well deserved win in the end, there was only one team trying to win the game second half.

Their goalie was wasting time at goal kicks 15 minutes into the second half, in a home game, score at 1-1 🤦‍♂️ 

Shire were defending deeper and deeper last 15, every player back at corners.

Delighted with that injury time winner though, great to keep the momentum going. 

Do feel for Shire, they seem at a really low ebb, hardly seemed to have any fans, felt like 50% of the crowd at least were Cowden fans.

They were getting deeper and deeper because the keeper didn't seem to want to come off his line to deal with crosses. He made some good saves as did the cowden keeper  

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

That was a well deserved win in the end, there was only one team trying to win the game second half.

Their goalie was wasting time at goal kicks 15 minutes into the second half, in a home game, score at 1-1 🤦‍♂️ 

Shire were defending deeper and deeper last 15, every player back at corners.

Delighted with that injury time winner though, great to keep the momentum going. 

Do feel for Shire, they seem at a really low ebb, hardly seemed to have any fans, felt like 50% of the crowd at least were Cowden fans.

Back to Cowden biz - an enjoyable win.  As the game wore on we were really making the running.  Delighted to see Zak rewarded with a couple of goals 

Just watched the East Stirling vlog on Saturday's game. What an excellent and enjoyable watch. Some of the challenges by the East Stirling boys were a bit, ahem, agricultural. The challenge on our number 10 (Matty ?) was a red card all day. Hepburn was outstanding !

Edited by ronaldincoo

2 hours ago, ronaldincoo said:

Just watched the East Stirling vlog on Saturday's game. What an excellent and enjoyable watch. Some of the challenges by the East Stirling boys were a bit, ahem, agricultural. The challenge on our number 10 (Matty ?) was a red card all day. Hepburn was outstanding !

It’s a really good video as ever from Norrie, I wasn’t sure in real time whether that challenge was a red, but seeing the video it surely was.

We were sitting in the upper section and I didn’t see the 4 or 5 wee fannies giving it GIRUY when Shire got their second equaliser, just wish Norrie had panned on to them when we got the winner with virtually the last kick of the ball. 😭

Can we hire Norrie to cover all our games, a bit of a lucky charm lately. 🤔

17 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

It’s a really good video as ever from Norrie, I wasn’t sure in real time whether that challenge was a red, but seeing the video it surely was.

We were sitting in the upper section and I didn’t see the 4 or 5 wee fannies giving it GIRUY when Shire got their second equaliser, just wish Norrie had panned on to them when we got the winner with virtually the last kick of the ball. 😭

Can we hire Norrie to cover all our games, a bit of a lucky charm lately. 🤔

I thought it was a red at the time I was in the lower section just along from Norrie. I like his video's he puts a lot of time into them.

19 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Quick trivia question, looked this up last night, when did Cowden last win 3 league games on the trot? I’m sure this is a piece of cake for a lot of you. 

14/9/19 three nil away against Stenhousemuir where we went on a 6 game winning streak that ended with a one nil Vs Edinburgh city at home on 5/10/19? 

Just watched the East Stirling highlights, pretty good though no replays. Unfortunate that the cameraman was close to a couple of Shire fans who you could hear talking a lot of pish.  

A couple of observations from the game, when you watch Ciaren Chalmers goal on Norrie’s video (he has a better view than the Shire video) he does a sort of back heel flick into the goal, to divert it away from the keeper.  If it was in anyway deliberate, it was really nicely done.

Secondly, and I noticed this at the game, the Shire number 14 has a brilliant wee hissy fit around the centre circle when the full time whistle went. He sort of hauls the front of his shorts up like he was going to rip them off, then has another couple of moments to himself. 🤣🤣

4 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Just watched the East Stirling highlights, pretty good though no replays. Unfortunate that the cameraman was close to a couple of Shire fans who you could hear talking a lot of pish.  

A couple of observations from the game, when you watch Ciaren Chalmers goal on Norrie’s video (he has a better view than the Shire video) he does a sort of back heel flick into the goal, to divert it away from the keeper.  If it was in anyway deliberate, it was really nicely done.

Secondly, and I noticed this at the game, the Shire number 14 has a brilliant wee hissy fit around the centre circle when the full time whistle went. He sort of hauls the front of his shorts up like he was going to rip them off, then has another couple of moments to himself. 🤣🤣

I seen that 😂

Top tantrum and gives himself a wedgie !

On 25/12/2023 at 13:58, Brazilianlex said:

Prob best to e mail the Club.

Will see if I can find anyone at the game tomorrow to ask as I'd emailed the office a few times about match sponsorship and got no reply.  Clubs got my postal address as I got raffle tickets to sell not long ago. 

Thanks

25 minutes ago, cowden86 said:

Will see if I can find anyone at the game tomorrow to ask as I'd emailed the office a few times about match sponsorship and got no reply.  Clubs got my postal address as I got raffle tickets to sell not long ago. 

Thanks

Send me your email and I will forward it to you if you want bud

3 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Pitch inspection 11am. Pessimistic the game will go ahead according to the official FB page. 

Just saw that on Twitter, be really disappointing not to get the chance to keep the momentum going. 😩 So frustrating that this has been the only night of frost in a wee while.