There was a coo

Looked good to start with and looked like it would be our day, but not clinical enough after taking the lead. Had chances to shoot and hesitated too often and the ball eventually cleared. Could have been about 7-6.

UoS better at passing the ball. We still head backwards way too often and faff about and lose it or just launch it. Still sloppy at the back. Hepburn dropped the crosses a number of times, but it was windy and rain blowing in his face. Rained the whole game and eased off at full time.

Donald looked composed when he came on. Good to see Mac1 scoring. If only he got more service like that. Wasn't a sending off for Rodden. Ref tried to say he caught the guy just below the knee. Stirling boy had to go. Booked for diving and then a yellow card for the tackle.

Would have been nice to progress, but better financially to be out.

24 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

The ball was out when it was crossed in.

That was their second disallowed goal you are thinking about. The first disallowed goal was a cross from the right side of the pitch, just outside the box and headed in. The one that was just over the line before he crossed it was the second disallowed goal, the tap in.

Edited by PELE

25 minutes ago, PELE said:

That was their second disallowed goal you are thinking about. The first disallowed goal was a cross from the right side of the pitch, just outside the box and headed in. The one that was just over the line before he crossed it was the second disallowed goal, the tap in.

Aye your right I realised that later!

52 minutes ago, ronaldincoo said:

Only 3 subs and no Hepburn. Is there sickness in the camp ?

Must be (very) late injury/illness because unless my mind is playing tricks with me I got a tweet with Craig in the starting lineup and Josh on the bench, that has now been replaced.

53 minutes ago, ronaldincoo said:

Decent away point against a decent side. Stops the rot. Await comments from the match with interest.

I always seem to manage to be away when the closest fixtures to my house are played, so look forward to hearing about it as well.  Very threadbare squad today looking at the lineup.

18 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I always seem to manage to be away when the closest fixtures to my house are played, so look forward to hearing about it as well.  Very threadbare squad today looking at the lineup.

Aye. Hepburn injured in the warm up by all accounts too. Looking at the line up it looks like Robbie played in midfield, where he absolutely should be imo.  

Hepburn was injured in the warm up and also not feeling well.

Poor again from us. Some of the team need to give themselves a shake. Can't make simple passes.

I thought Gregor knocked the ball home for the goal. It definitely didn't go in straight from the corner. One of our players just missed the cross and then someone bundled it home.

Edited by PELE

Craig Hepburn felt Ill during the warm up hence the late team change.  Goal scorer was confirmed as Josh Jack - who was also unlucky with a cracker of a free kick tipped onto the crossbar 

Edited by Cowden Cowboy

Catching up on yesterday and didn't realise Buchanan has signed back up with Berwick.

Shame we didn't manage to collect the 3 points yesterday to kick on. However although would prefer to be much higher up the league table we still are the best placed out of all former SPFL clubs.

Tough two games coming up against EK who know where the net is but we have matched and competed with them in the past.

I have been watching a few open goal podcasts recently maybe an opportunity to speak to Simon Ferry about doing a Cowdenbeath theme podcast/wings challenge with former Cowdenbeath personnel or current. Coo Shed meets open goal podcast perhaps 😆

Edited by Cowden316

Was always going to be a tough game against the Strollers yesterday they have a style which makes it hard to breakdown them down and have been unbeaten at home since October.

The first half they seemed content to sit back and it was mostly all Cowden, they were more attacking minded at the start of the second half and got their goal which was maybe a bit fortunate with the shot coming off the bar and landing at Girdwood to score.

Deserved equaliser eventually with Josh scoring for a corner funny enough Leyton Bisland done the same there last season.

Could have had a penalty at the death but the ref wasn't interested.

Overall an improvement from Stirling with a depleted squad which became even more depleted with Craig taking ill, though Josh Blair done well coming in at short notice while Craig Donald also done well on his debut.

Three tough games coming up against EK (x2) and the Stirling Uni rematch.

2 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

Catching up on yesterday and didn't realise Buchanan has signed back up with Berwick. 

I'm sure Liam was only on loan to Bonnyrigg and then was to join permanently in January. Assume they just didn't make the loan permanent? 

Just a reminder that CISS is holding a meeting/gathering after the game Saturday in the club. Its vital as many members and potential new members/fans can come to this. The work done by the people running the CISS is huge as we can see by the new club ambassadors etc. Would be great to get more members signed up as this will help with budget and recruitment for next season.

A lot of work going in to next season already (started a few months ago to be fair) I think we can all agree the extension of contracts for players builds a really good core for the club for next season and progression for sure has been made this season from last however we are all looking to push forward even further.

Hopefully good turn out on Saturday and future games as well as the big day against Berwick at home!.

Mon the Cowden.