There was a coo

On 17/02/2024 at 20:26, CowdenLoyal said:

Really really enjoyed the episode with the ambassadors. Broony was probably my first Cowden hero, great to hear him (and the other guys) speaking so fondly about his time at the club. 

The episode with the gaffer was decent too however the sound was atrocious unfortunately. I assume it was done in his office but the background noise was almost unbearable at times. 

Good win today on paper, happy with the 3 points. Fair play to whoever made the trip through to it.

Sorry about the sound in the managers interview. We were in the wee room by the kitchen and with the bounce game being on there was a bit of working in the background. My microphone I use is knackered too but I'm hopefully getting a couple of Bluetooth clip on mics that should give us a bit of help

32 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

He played against East Kilbride last week 

Thanks, presume he was the trialist at number 4 against EK then played against Hearts B also.

Tranent seem to be about 10 days behind with their announcements then. 🤣

13 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Thanks, presume he was the trialist at number 4 against EK then played against Hearts B also.

Tranent seem to be about 10 days behind with their announcements then. 🤣

When did Cowden announce his departure?

Great first half performance at 2-0, could easily have been 5 or 6, some good saves from Gala keeper Jay Cantley.

Early scare giving the penalty away, which I thought was the correct decision, rash challenge, Josh saved well with his legs.

Second half was a lot more difficult than it should have been, we were over elaborate when the chances were there.

Passed up a number of opportunities second half, just seemed to make the wrong decision each time.

A bit squeaky bum time last 10 minutes but overall felt we deserved the win though, Gala goalie Jay Cantley getting man of the match would back that up.

First half Superb.

Second half subpar.

2 great finishes from Healy and a good finish from Galbraith. 

Once again, left nervous from a game we should have killed off.

Great to see more cowboys in attendance though!

Edited by CowdenMiners1204

18 minutes ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

First half Superb.

Second half subpar.

2 great finishes from Healy and a good finish from Galbraith. 

Once again, left nervous from a game we should have killed off.

Great to see more cowboys in attendance though!

It was the big captain Liam Watt that got the Gala goal, it was a quality finish. That boy loves a sweary word or two though. 🤣

47 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

It was the big captain Liam Watt that got the Gala goal, it was a quality finish. That boy loves a sweary word or two though. 🤣

Yeah. You mean Wayne Rooney 🙂

4 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Great first half performance at 2-0, could easily have been 5 or 6, some good saves from Gala keeper Jay Cantley

Seems to be the same story for the last few games. Ach well. Good result and Scotland won as well. Happy days.

Have to say, Gala is one of the best trips. Lovely people and lovely club. The town was desolate though. I assume that's because they were all in Edinburgh for the rugby. Rumour that Chalmers is rejoining them for next season.

Edited by PELE

It’s hard to not really like this Cowden side, constantly try to play football and freshening to see players taking the opposition on at every opportunity. We should absolutely have won by more but we don’t quite have that mean streak/street wise game management.

That team, when it clicks, is worth paying to watch. 

10 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

It’s hard to not really like this Cowden side, constantly try to play football and freshening to see players taking the opposition on at every opportunity. We should absolutely have won by more but we don’t quite have that mean streak/street wise game management.

I know what you mean, we were great to watch in the first half.  If we could have got another goal or two first half (which our play merited) , could have turned the style on second half and avoided the nerves.

I get the current trend of winding the clock down and playing the ball to the corners near the end, but it seems to be starting earlier and earlier in games, we started doing in nearly 10 minutes from the end. 😬

Thoughts on Gala goalkeeper Jay Cantley anyone? Full disclosure, we know Jay a little bit, he has coached my daughter at times over the years, though not recently due to his job now. If we need a new keeper next year, would love to see Jay play for Cowden.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

I know what you mean, we were great to watch in the first half.  If we could have got another goal or two first half (which our play merited) , could have turned the style on second half and avoided the nerves.

I get the current trend of winding the clock down and playing the ball to the corners near the end, but it seems to be starting earlier and earlier in games, we started doing in nearly 10 minutes from the end. 😬

Thoughts on Gala goalkeeper Jay Cantley anyone? Full disclosure, we know Jay a little bit, he has coached my daughter at times over the years, though not recently due to his job now. If we need a new keeper next year, would love to see Jay play for Cowden.

Jay had a good game deserved his MOM.

On 25/02/2024 at 00:17, Muzza81 said:

Good to see ya muzz. ⚽⚽