There was a coo

Calum was in the new stand for the most part. We were absolutely rotten yesterday. Probably the worst performance since the last time Berwick came and dished out a pumping. Literally can't add to anything already said but the defending was farcical. Honking. Even the goal we scored came from a goalkeeping brain fart.

I believe a few players are carrying various niggles etc but it doesn't excuse how brutal we actually were. Berwick didn't do much wrong atall and were very efficient in their work wothout being spectacular. They gave their decent and vocal support a great day out.

Awful awful awful.

3 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Calum was in the new stand for the most part. We were absolutely rotten yesterday. Probably the worst performance since the last time Berwick came and dished out a pumping. Literally can't add to anything already said but the defending was farcical. Honking. Even the goal we scored came from a goalkeeping brain fart.

I believe a few players are carrying various niggles etc but it doesn't excuse how brutal we actually were. Berwick didn't do much wrong atall and were very efficient in their work wothout being spectacular. They gave their decent and vocal support a great day out.

Awful awful awful.

If only we had a couple of solid central defenders. So many poor clearance headers and passes.

One thing that cheered me up yesterday when I got home from the match was that the postie had been with a wee bit of Cowdenbeath memorabilia I had bought on EBay for a modest amount, thought some of you might be interested.

It was listed as Cowdenbeath autographs from 1963/64.  The fact that it is on club notepaper is what I thought was brilliant about it, with ‘2nd division champions 1938/39’ underneath the club name.

I think that date might be not far off, as doing a little research in the club history booklets I noticed that William Terris was only chairman for a short time from April 1964 to December that year when he passed away.  So I suppose it must be April 1964 or later.

i could make out or knew some of the names, there were a couple in the middle that eluded me until I found the Arbroath results archive which had full team lineup for games back that far, so I was able to work out Andy Miller and Tommy Duddy (I think).

I reckon the full list is (any corrections appreciated)

Jim Menzies, Tom Dawson, Bobby Wilson (in pencil!), Jimmy Whyte (trainer), John Ritchie, Andy Miller, Andy Guthrie, Tommy Duddy, Roger Sugden, Dennis Jack, Andy Rolland.  

It’s only about half a page size, a little bigger than A5, I think.  Can I call the operator and be put trough to Cowdenbeath 3205 please? 😀

6E60EB08-9951-466D-91D8-D8D766FA117F.jpeg

22 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Third worst home record in the league ahead of only Edinburgh University and Gretna. 

I hear a lot of these comments. Begs the question, why can’t the manager work out a way to play at home? it is half the total amount of games after all so most important. If the pitch is different to the rest this should be an advantage and nobody should like coming to it. (See Livi and Killie in the prem as examples). 

Secondly, if it is such a difficult pitch to play on, why isn’t the game based around a solid defence and get the ball forward quickly. The defence had no structure at times, with players( especially fullbacks) awol regularly. Compare this with Berwick who had a decent enough foundation at the back which gives them a chance, even with Dougie Hill presumably wearing a few jerseys under his strip! 

Have they no pride in the jersey , they are a joke seen better under 15s shocking today no clue just showed no fight after last Sat didnt think they could get any worse oh i was mistaken somebody get a grip of this shower 

Edited by signalmen
spell

Very disappointing again. Don't agree about no fight. Plenty effort in the second half but we just seemed to keep finding ways not to score. The second goal was a real body blow and so soft. A game that on the balance of play we should have won comfortably.

1 hour ago, iateallthepies said:

Very disappointing again. Don't agree about no fight. Plenty effort in the second half but we just seemed to keep finding ways not to score. The second goal was a real body blow and so soft. A game that on the balance of play we should have won comfortably.

You must be watching a different game from the rest of us if you think we deserved to win.

1 hour ago, iateallthepies said:

Totally agree. Losing games doesn't mean players aren't trying/fighting. Robbie McNab chased everything and Matty McDonald was excellent at times. Unfortunately this team are struggling to get results at Central Park and over playing on a tight pitch. Away results show this. We need a couple of players with lower league experience but who and where is the money coming from?

The reunion didn't encourage a positive attendance and some additional revenue. Continued results of this nature won't help unfortunately.

Zak at right back a waste. Don't think McPherson has been the best. If only Walker was kept on!

13 minutes ago, PELE said:

You must be watching a different game from the rest of us if you think we deserved to win.

The chances we had in the 1st half we should have been 3-0 up before they scored.

Poor result today on the back of last week's poor effort. Not good enough and it's time for us as fans to get our elbows out and start asking real and difficult and challenging questions on the direction of our football club/ current team as quite frankly 11th in the lowland is simply not good enough and unacceptable and I'm getting tired of investing in fundraising efforts only to be continued to be heavily let down on the pitch despite hard work and effort from fans, volunteers and board members unless people are content with 11th league status. I know I'm certainly not.

Edited by Cowden316

14 minutes ago, silkybeath said:

Totally agree. Losing games doesn't mean players aren't trying/fighting. Robbie McNab chased everything and Matty McDonald was excellent at times. Unfortunately this team are struggling to get results at Central Park and over playing on a tight pitch. Away results show this. We need a couple of players with lower league experience but who and where is the money coming from?

The reunion didn't encourage a positive attendance and some additional revenue. Continued results of this nature won't help unfortunately.

Zak at right back a waste. Don't think McPherson has been the best. If only Walker was kept on!

Last week was the best league attendance of the season I wouldn't have expected more tbh

1 minute ago, Cowden316 said:

Poor result today on the back of last week's poor effort. Not good enough and it's time for us as fans to get our elbows out and start asking real and difficult and challenging questions on the direction of our football club) current team as quite frankly 11th in the lowland is simply not good enough and unacceptable and I'm getting tired of investing in fundraising efforts only to be continued to be heavily let down ron the pitch despite hard work and effort from fans, volunteers and board members unless people are content with 11th league status. I know I'm certainly not.

The only way you would dramatically improve things to what you want would be someone coming along and investing a huge wad of cash which I can't see happening.