There was a coo

Since the next Cowden manager chat has went very silent and to generate some discussion on the next person to take the hot seat I wonder if Joe Cardle would be interested in the job and worth a shout?. Good development footballing links within the local communities. His football academy probably takes up most of his time though.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

That's the reason Crawford isn't being kept on, isn't it? So I'd imagine the chances of Cardle coming in would be slim. 

His academy appears to be well established and maybe he would consider a football management position. No Idea though if that would appeal to them or if they have that desire. Would be a good option though in my opinion to have him involved in some shape or form.

22 hours ago, Bollan Ball said:
🎙️New show

🐄 Cowdenbeath Football Co-Ordinator @NELLY 1 sits down with @sailorcowden and @TN10Y to discuss

⚽The season gone
👱‍♂️Pursuit for the next manager
🔁Staff turnover
📰Player news
📅Preseason friendlies

🤝 Shares appreciated

🔗👇

A great listen for the fans, lots of little snippets of information from Colin, bearing in mind what information can be divulged at the current time.   

If you’ve not listened to the podcast, maybe wouldn’t have heard that there is a pre season friendly arranged at Dunbar on 13 July.  Should be a good day out for fans (though right in the middle of my holidays 😩).

On 29/04/2024 at 08:11, Cowden316 said:

Since the next Cowden manager chat has went very silent and to generate some discussion on the next person to take the hot seat I wonder if Joe Cardle would be interested in the job and worth a shout?. Good development footballing links within the local communities. His football academy probably takes up most of his time though.

Joe Cardle?! No thanks. Can't stand that guy. Who is next on the list? Josh Falkingham? Paddy Flannery?  

Posted (edited)

According to The Courier "Ex-Dundee and St Johnstone defender Gary Irvine has ruled himself out of the running for the vacant Cowdenbeath manager’s job following talks."

I wonder if this was the guy Nelly was referring to in the Podcast as being in advanced discussions -  Although to be fair he did say that there were a few that had been talking with the club.

Edited by ronaldincoo

On 30/04/2024 at 08:14, Cowdenleith said:

A great listen for the fans, lots of little snippets of information from Colin, bearing in mind what information can be divulged at the current time.   

If you’ve not listened to the podcast, maybe wouldn’t have heard that there is a pre season friendly arranged at Dunbar on 13 July.  Should be a good day out for fans (though right in the middle of my holidays 😩).

Dunbar's a cracking day out and the sausage rolls😀

46 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Dunbar's a cracking day out and the sausage rolls😀

The town centre has really got quite prosperous in the last 10 years or so, previously it felt a wee bit shabby compared to nearby North Berwick.

Last time I was there had a lot of nice wee shops and coffee shops and a fine second hand record shop in the high street. 

1 minute ago, Cowdenleith said:

The town centre has really got quite prosperous in the last 10 years or so, previously it felt a wee bit shabby compared to nearby North Berwick.

Last time I was there had a lot of nice wee shops and coffee shops and a fine second hand record shop in the high street. 

I was there last season when they won the league, my train was an early one so had a look at the town centre as you say quite nice.

5 hours ago, ronaldincoo said:

According to The Courier "Ex-Dundee and St Johnstone defender Gary Irvine has ruled himself out of the running for the vacant Cowdenbeath manager’s job following talks."

I wonder if this was the guy Nelly was referring to in the Podcast as being in advanced discussions -  Although to be fair he did say that there were a few that had been talking with the club.

Any idea what the full article says as look's like you have to subscribe these day's?

6 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Any idea what the full article says as look's like you have to subscribe these day's?

Ex-Dundee and St Johnstone defender Gary Irvine has ruled himself out of the running for the vacant Cowdenbeath manager’s job following talks.

The 39-year-old held discussions with the Fife outfit as they seek a dugout successor to Calum Elliot.

Elliot departed Central Park in March to take the reins at League Two side Bonnyrigg Rose.

Former Dunfermline and East Fife boss Stevie Crawford temporarily filled the vacancy with the Blue Brazil for the last four games of the season.

But he opted not to stay on beyond the end of the Lowland League campaign.

Cowdenbeath are hopeful of appointing their new man in the coming days after receiving more than 20 applications.

However, Irvine has decided against pursuing the job further after talks with chairman Donald Findlay.

Irvine, who had a 19-month spell in charge of Forfar, is currently a youth coach with Kilmarnock, as well as with the Scottish FA’s performance school at Grange Academy.

‘A good club’

The ex-Forfar and St Mirren full-back was also interviewed recently for a coaching role in the Celtic academy.

He said: “Cowdenbeath is a good club, with ambitions of challenging in the Lowland League, and I was very happy to speak to the chairman.

“I saw it as recognition of the work I’ve been doing with Kilmarnock and with the SFA.

“I’m really enjoying that and, working with Chris Burke, we’ve had a decent couple of seasons with the under-18s at Kilmarnock. We’re currently sitting top of the league.

“I thanked Cowdenbeath for their interest and it definitely gave me something to think about.

“But, after weighing it up, against the pathway I’m currently only, I decided it’s not for me at the moment.

“I’m enjoying the roles I’ve got and working within the academy structure and with the SFA.

“I was over in Cyprus with the Scotland under-16s team earlier this year, which was a real privilege.

“But the end goal is always to get back to become a first-team manager.”

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I was there last season when they won the league, my train was an early one so had a look at the town centre as you say quite nice.

Get yirsel a Hectors pizza then on to the Station Yard for a couple of pints. Crackin. 

3 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

In a nutshell ,

I spoke to Cowdenbeath but I didn’t want the job anyway but it was a cracking opportunity to get my name back in the papers 

4 hours ago, onecowden said:

It’s all went quiet on the new management front. I’m taking that as Gary Irvine was the front runner and turned it down.

Very quiet indeed. Hopefully hear something soon.