There was a coo

Saw on Twitter this morning that Craig Hepburn has signed a 3 year extension with St Johnstone.

Great news for Craig that he has this sorted out, I fully expect he will continue progressing up the leagues, unless St Johnstone will want him in the first team squad, perhaps as back up.

2 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Saw on Twitter this morning that Craig Hepburn has signed a 3 year extension with St Johnstone.

Great news for Craig that he has this sorted out, I fully expect he will continue progressing up the leagues, unless St Johnstone will want him in the first team squad, perhaps as back up.

I think as it stands Craig is the number 5 keeper so i doubt he will be in our squad next season. One for the future.

1 hour ago, realmadrid said:

I think as it stands Craig is the number 5 keeper so i doubt he will be in our squad next season. One for the future.

Thanks, wasn’t aware of the depth chart, that’s a lot of keepers. 😀

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Thanks, wasn’t aware of the depth chart, that’s a lot of keepers. 😀

Its one more than it should be just now as we started the season with Ross Sinclair who then was injured just after Dimitar Mitov was signed to be competition for him. Hes superb and without him we would be in the relegation play off spot for sure. With Ross out Dave Richards was signed as an experienced back up but has yet to play. Mitov is now the Bulgarian number 1 and i doubt we will be able to hold onto him for long.

Jack Wills is 21 and out on loan at Queens Park and then Craig is on loan with Cowdenbeath, the Under 18s keeper could be who you get next but if he follows the path Craig did they will put him out to a local East of Scotland team first then lowland league.

14 hours ago, Vimto90 said:

New jibe needed after our first title 🙂 give big al my regards. 

He hasn’t been on here for quite a while. Not seen him at a game since our demotion. Congratulations on your title. 

3 minutes ago, onecowden said:

He hasn’t been on here for quite a while. Not seen him at a game since our demotion. Congratulations on your title. 

He's been to a few games and still contributes into the club financially also. He's also a big sheep fan.....🤣🤣

57 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

He's been to a few games and still contributes into the club financially also. He's also a big sheep fan.....🤣🤣

Fair enough. I have seen quite a few posts he’s made on the Aberdeen thread. 

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

He was at the Berwick game

I have a season ticket but I can’t make all the games so I shouldn’t really comment on others. 

On 11/04/2024 at 13:28, onecowden said:

I have been to 5 home games this season, and similar last season. Sponsored a game last season as well. There’s no denying it’s just not the same. 
I have some feelings about the club that I prefer not to post on here but a few things really sadden me.

On the flip side I really commend the commitment and endeavour of guys like Nelly, Gordon with the shop and the re-union day, and of course the volunteers. Some real good people who I hope 1 day get something to celebrate for their efforts. 

ps Vimto, enjoy. That’s the point of it all.

Not a great game but what a goal by Robbie.

A win is a win however and good to come back from one nil down.

Meanwhile nice to be in the club bar at full time when lot's of folk have turned up.

16 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Not a great game but what a goal by Robbie.

A win is a win however and good to come back from one nil down.

Meanwhile nice to be in the club bar at full time when lot's of folk have turned up.

It was nice to turn that around, didn’t feel that it was likely for a while.

And yes, the lounge is packed with the awards and the wedding on as well.

Robbie’s goal was an absolute rocket.

Edited by Cowdenleith

Robbie and Zac took most of the awards, with goal of the season to Josh Jack who is of course no longer at the club. I expect Robbie would have won that too for today’s winner, if it had not been already decided on.

Got a couple of pics today of Elise with Craig and Robbie, thanks to Craig for the gloves, what a gent. 👍

IMG_4184.jpeg

IMG_4189.jpeg

Well done to Zac and Robbie for the awards. Fitting that they both scored good goals as well on awards day. Can we have awards day every week 🙂.

On 12/04/2024 at 22:11, 1GregStewart said:

I have been to 5 home games this season, and similar last season. Sponsored a game last season as well. There’s no denying it’s just not the same. 

What's been the change? Is it the lower standard, less away fans so it feels like less of an occasion etc? 

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

What's been the change? Is it the lower standard, less away fans so it feels like less of an occasion etc? 

For me going to the game is social occasion to enjoy. The game isn’t necessarily the main part of the day. At some of the games I have been to there’s almost nobody of the boys I would stand with at the game. 
I also don’t live in Fife now so it’s an expensive taxi home if having a few beers (which I enjoy).

The standard also isn’t as good although that’s not the main reason. 

Edited by 1GregStewart

Highlights are up from yesterday. I forgot about Robbie’s sublime backheel flick in the lead up to the equaliser, which was a better finish from Zac than I thought at the time, they were both fine goals.