There was a coo

3 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

I thought Zac was one of the ones who had extended into next season, but clearly not. Can anyone remember who has? Has Robbie agreed for next season?

Robbie signed for 2 years.

Really want the club to bold in appointing the next manager. Eva Olid is a great shout for the Cowden job. Great tactician, motivator and played/coached at highest levels in women's game. Confident she could take that experience into men's game and get Cowden up to 10th in LL

Screenshot_20240325_143037_Gallery.jpg

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Zac's good enough to play in the SPFL if he moves I reckon it would be to there.

If the Bo'rigg stay up, he would be better off there than Berwick.

12 minutes ago, Drifter said:

I've heard Mixu is still living locally and waiting for the call!

The first part is correct the second part I am not so sure about as currently working for UEFA.

28 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Wonder who will take our remaining games as kevin smith is away with callum

I don’t know how Kevin was as a coach, but I thought he would contribute something as a player, sadly absolutely nothing.

His most notable contribution was coming on as a sub against St Mirren, promptly getting sent off, and possibly costing us what would have been a well deserved draw.

Well last 48 hours has been eventful. Sadly we lost our manager. The club wanted Calum to stay he unfortunately decided to go. Thus we move on. Does leave us now up against it in regards to what our plans were for moving forward and next season etc however short term I can confirm we are trying to get someone in to help us to end season at least until we take stock and re group and the club decide on best course of action for a permanent manager.

Big game Saturday please do really get behind the players they will appreciate it.

In regards to signed players yes wr have a bulk of players signed up including robbie/ewan etc.

Ewan is unfortunately injured likely for next 4 or 5 games so unlikely to be seen b4 end season.

Best wishes to calum who worked ever so hard for the club. We now have to move forward.

Mon the cowden.

John Brownlie can take the reins for the remaining games. He has unfinished business 🙂. Buckley and Wright could probably still do a turn for us too.

11 minutes ago, PELE said:

John Brownlie can take the reins for the remaining games. He has unfinished business 🙂. Buckley and Wright could probably still do a turn for us too.

John Brownlie's knowledge of the game is still spot on. At the reunion day he was able to identify aspect that required improvement particularly when playing at Central Park. Think he is done with the game now 😅 

Really need to identify a permanent manager ASAP to give them time to recruit for the following season to avoid playing catch up it deciding he doesn't like x and y player once the season starts resulting in an early change.

Calum leaving is a blow but this is not unusual for him to move. Yes Bonnyrigg a step up but football can change very quickly and a division above might not be that in a year or 2.

Hopefully Bonnyrigg are not relegated as I wish him success. I also worry that a relegated Bonnyrigg would look at players like Robbie, Matty and Ewan.

Would love for us to approach Jardine and see what the interest would be.

My shortlist for the next Cowdenbeath FC manager is as follows below and it's vital we get this appointment spot on to help with our short to medium term ambitions.

The top 2 are proven and have had success at this level would be the Ideal candidates.

The last 2 Jim something different in terms of long term football management experience particularly in their spell at Peterhead. Stevie something different but maybe feels he still has a point to prove and has significant experience and contacts in the game.

As I say Robbie or Gary would be my preference. Both have shown they can achieve success with which is my perception of low budgets 

1. Robbie Horne 

2. Gary Jardine

3. Jim McInally *Although not very keen on pizza at Central Park compared to slap up 3 course meals at Peterhead* 

4. Stevie Crawford 

Edited by Cowden316

10 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

My shortlist for the next Cowdenbeath FC manager is as follows below and it's vital we get this appointment spot on to help with our short to medium term ambitions.

The top 2 are proven and have had success at this level would be the Ideal candidates.

The last 2 Jim something different in terms of long term football management experience particularly in their spell at Peterhead. Stevie something different but maybe feels he still has a point to prove and has significant experience and contacts in the game.

As I say Robbie or Gary would be my preference. Both have shown they can achieve success with which is my perception of low budgets 

1. Robbie Horne 

2. Gary Jardine

3. Jim McInally *Although not very keen on pizza at Central Park compared to slap up 3 course meals at Peterhead* 

4. Stevie Crawford 

Now do one where you've a chance of landing the people you mention