There was a coo

18 minutes ago, cowdencausal01 said:

Anyone know who the 3 trialist were for Cowdenbeath today?

2 were blue brazil boys club kids. Brandon and a young 16 year old gk. Another was mati zata. 

3 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

2 were blue brazil boys club kids. Brandon and a young 16 year old gk. Another was mati zata. 

Fantastic to see these guys involved a credit to all and a real comminity lift 💙👏👏👏

26 minutes ago, cowdencausal01 said:

Anyone know who the 3 trialist were for Cowdenbeath today?

👏

Well done firstly to the players for a really gutsy hard fought win. We were excellent first half and 2nd half we dug it out yet still created chances!.

Hard to single out players as that was a proper team effort but good to see doc get a goal again and looking confident.

Massive well done to stevie and his staff having only had 2 training sessions. Few injuries mounting up and niggles hence 2 young BB boys club lads on bench who have never played anywhere near this level.

Good result. Go again next week.

Mon the cowden.

Never a dull moment at Cowden. Lot’s of love shown on here for Callum before he packed his suitcase and trundled off into the next available jungle.  I still think that the board were right in trying to employ a new type of manager with experience at this level but for me he just wasn’t driving us forward and developing a cohesive and consistently competitive team. Our home performance was particularly poor, which is rather puzzling. 

For me, him moving on is probably a good decision for all concerned and I wish  good luck to him. I honestly cant understand Bonnyrigg’s thinking on this one. Perhaps they see the next Alex Ferguson in the making. Not much evidence to support this hypothesis yet but hey, give it time. 
In the meantime I wish Stevie Crawford and the team well until the end of the season. A promising start for sure. Loads of good will obviously still exists to build upon. 

4 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

Never a dull moment at Cowden. Lot’s of love shown on here for Callum before he packed his suitcase and trundled off into the next available jungle.  I still think that the board were right in trying to employ a new type of manager with experience at this level but for me he just wasn’t driving us forward and developing a cohesive and consistently competitive team. Our home performance was particularly poor, which is rather puzzling. 

For me, him moving on is probably a good decision for all concerned and I wish  good luck to him. I honestly cant understand Bonnyrigg’s thinking on this one. Perhaps they see the next Alex Ferguson in the making. Not much evidence to support this hypothesis yet but hey, give it time. 
In the meantime I wish Stevie Crawford and the team well until the end of the season. A promising start for sure. Loads of good will obviously still exists to build upon. 

I agree with the Bonnyrigg appointment being a surprise. Calum Elliot had us playing much better football than we had seen for quite a few seasons. However results were poor especially at home. You can have excuse after excuse but that was wearing very thin by the time he left. I must admit I was very surprised Bonnyrigg approached us and ended up paying compensation for his contract. Bit of a gamble in my opinion. However I do wish him well. Meanwhile we move on and keep trying to improve. 

14 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Cowden were better team by far in 1st half and Rose better team in 2nd but overall you guys shaded a fairly poor game where neither keeper had much to do.

Maybe time for a change at the top!!!

A good win yesterday. Great to see Robbie back to his best. What a difference he makes.  We were in control first half and could have been further ahead.They brought on four subs and second half was a lot more route one which suited them more than us. The one thing that bugged me was when they went down to ten we sat back instead of using our extra man to keep them pinned back. We looked far from comfortable late on and they missed a sitter in the last minute. We made it though. If we can hold onto Zach we have the makings of a side that can challenge.

52 minutes ago, dolly said:

Maybe time for a change at the top!!!

Why. Been successful before. Had a horrendous injury lisr all season and a 9 day break before the start of the season.

I was wondering what our average crowd is this season as they guy who does them isn’t that up to date, so I added them up and with one home game left the average league attendance has been 294 at Central Park.

Does anyone know if we count season ticket holders that don’t attend, I’m sure previously we didn’t, not sure if changed?

I think that is something to build on and not too bad considering there are still a bunch of clubs who have travelling fans in single digits.

Edited by Cowdenleith

53 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I was wondering what our average crowd is this season as they guy who does them isn’t that up to date, so I added them up and with one home game left the average league attendance has been 294 at Central Park.

Does anyone know if we count season ticket holders that don’t attend, I’m sure previously we didn’t, not sure if changed?

I think that is something to build on and not too bad considering there are still a bunch of clubs who have travelling fans in single digits.

That’s pretty good if correct for a bottom half LL team.

2 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

That’s pretty good if correct for a bottom half LL team.

Yeah, pretty sure it is, I just took the home league attendances from the programme and added the last two home games.

Also, there are a few LL teams who have close rivals (Bo’ness / Linlithgow being the obvious ones) and they get a good crowd boost from that. Cowden don’t have that, if Kelty/Crossgates/Hill of Beath were in our league, there would be really good crowds for them I would expect.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

We don’t include season ticket holders who don’t attend in the official attendance.  Doesn’t make any sense to do so as if someone isn’t present how could they be attending the match and be part of the attendance - just used by some clubs to put a bit of spin on their crowds 

4 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

We don’t include season ticket holders who don’t attend in the official attendance.  Doesn’t make any sense to do so as if someone isn’t present how could they be attending the match and be part of the attendance - just used by some clubs to put a bit of spin on their crowds 

Thanks, thought it was likely still the case.

So, we need to get a crowd of 397 against Gretna to get a nice round average of 300 (I’ve got too much time on my hands today 🤣).   Not likely unfortunately.

On 31/03/2024 at 11:02, FuzzyBear said:

Why. Been successful before. Had a horrendous injury lisr all season and a 9 day break before the start of the season.

Each to their own