There was a coo

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

Last week was the best league attendance of the season I wouldn't have expected more tbh

The attendance included well over 100 Blue Brazil children and parents, primary school class and ex players. If you the add in the Berwick fans, it was poor.

The push was to pack out Central Park and for supporters to return. I know of many that weren't there. People make negative comments on social media but don't turn up for an important event. 

10 minutes ago, silkybeath said:

The attendance included well over 100 Blue Brazil children and parents, primary school class and ex players. If you the add in the Berwick fans, it was poor.

The push was to pack out Central Park and for supporters to return. I know of many that weren't there. People make negative comments on social media but don't turn up for an important event. 

I know all the freebies but I still didn't expect that much more, i've been going for over 50 years and in general people only turn out in numbers when we have a chance of winning a championship or promotion or a big cup tie, the town has never really backed the club in the way others do.

Its a shame as a lot of effort was put into it but the Lowland League is a hard thing to sell to the public who were used to the SPFL even in the Championship we didn't get the crowds the team deserved.

23 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

The only way you would dramatically improve things to what you want would be someone coming along and investing a huge wad of cash which I can't see happening.

So what's the alternative a falling stone into the East of Scotland Leagues? I agree though unfortunately it's all about the money it would seem even at this level  😢

22 minutes ago, silkybeath said:

I maybe thought the announced crowd was the paid admission,  realised the kids and their parents were freebies and it was a great idea, there was a great wee atmosphere when we arrived about 2.15 and heard all the drumming on the west terrace.

Hope you are all not too downhearted about it all, the effort was really appreciated.

Just now, Cowden316 said:

So what's the alternative a falling stone into the East of Scotland Leagues? I agree though unfortunately it's all about the money it would seem even at this level  😢

I don't know. This league is full of teams spending a lot just to try and get promoted with nothing certain, its the same in the leagues below.

Just now, Cowdenleith said:

I maybe thought the announced crowd was the paid admission,  realised the kids and their parents were freebies and it was a great idea, there was a great wee atmosphere when we arrived about 2.15 and heard all the drumming on the west terrace.

Hope you are all not too downhearted about it all, the effort was really appreciated.

I'm not sure the kids parents would have got in free, yes it was a good atmosphere with the youngsters there.

2 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

It feels like almost every club in the LL is heavily subsidised, not sure where we stand in the scheme of things as seem to have a lot of fan funded initiatives, but clubs like Strollers and Broomhill must be getting money pumped in big style.

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

It feels like almost every club in the LL is heavily subsidised, not sure where we stand in the scheme of things as seem to have a lot of fan funded initiatives, but clubs like Strollers and Broomhill must be getting money pumped in big style.

No idea what Strollers would pay I think its mostly down to their manager having good connections in non league football.

No idea about Broomhill.

19 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I would seriously doubt this. Outside of a small handful of teams topped by EK who can spend big, many teams run on modest budgets. The ex-spfl clubs with their initial parachute payments all probably had reasonable budgets when they were first relegated and those teams budgets have fluctuated depending on added external investment (east Stirlingshire for example). Add to that their larger fan bases, experience of recruitment and different levels of finance, plus their board members and all the connections and partnerships they’ve had over the years, they are probably in a better place than many of the other lowland league teams.
There is definitely more money in the league than there has ever been but for many teams there ability to compete is built on the experience and recruiting skills of their managers. 

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

The chances we had in the 1st half we should have been 3-0 up before they scored.

Exactly, but we couldn't score. We are awful. No point kidding ourselves. Most of the team (great guys without doubt) have no real ability. They are fit and give it their all, but it isn't nearly good enough. I seriously doubt that we will last more than a season or two.

19 minutes ago, Grandmas Enigma said:

I would seriously doubt this. Outside of a small handful of teams topped by EK who can spend big, many teams run on modest budgets. The ex-spfl clubs with their initial parachute payments all probably had reasonable budgets when they were first relegated and those teams budgets have fluctuated depending on added external investment (east Stirlingshire for example). Add to that their larger fan bases, experience of recruitment and different levels of finance, plus their board members and all the connections and partnerships they’ve had over the years, they are probably in a better place than many of the other lowland league teams.
There is definitely more money in the league than there has ever been but for many teams there ability to compete is built on the experience and recruiting skills of their managers. 

If the likes of the Strollers and Broomhill (for example) were living off the money through the gate, they’d be paying their players about £25 a week, and I doubt that’s the case.

I’m not aware either club has much in the way off lottery or other fan funded stuff.

9 minutes ago, PELE said:

Exactly, but we couldn't score. We are awful. No point kidding ourselves. Most of the team (great guys without doubt) have no real ability. They are fit and give it their all, but it isn't nearly good enough. I seriously doubt that we will last more than a season or two.

The lack of a natural goal scorer has been a problem going back to L2.

Same old shite, just a different season. Nobody was asking for miracles, just to see a decent effort and an improvement this year. Not much to ask for given the horrendous years we have had to endure and seeing our decline into football obscurity. 
While  I fully understand the financial constraints that Cowdenbeath FC have to deal with I would still expect us to be able to produce a team who can at least reach the top 8 in the Lowland League.  
I hate having to say this yet again  but we definitely need a new manager and some fresh thinking. Time and again we have appointed managers who just aren’t up to the job. He definitely sounded like a better fit, up and coming, knew lower league football etc but it just isn’t working out.  
If most of this squad have been retained for next season, then we are fucked. 
The positive noises about promising players and players who are great guys are all well and good but the team on the park are actually garbage. 
You can keep giving out the  positive vibes but it just isn’t happening on the pitch. 
Get it sorted. 

Edited by Only coo in the village

5 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

Same old shite, just a different season. Nobody was asking for miracles, just to see a decent effort and an improvement this year. Not much to ask for given the horrendous years we have had to endure and seeing our decline into football obscurity. 
While  I fully understand the financial constraints that Cowdenbeath FC have to deal with I would still expect us to be able to produce a team who can at least reach the top 8 in the Lowland League.  
I hate having to say this yet again  but we definitely need a new manager and some fresh thinking. Time and again we have appointed managers who just aren’t up to the job. He definitely sounded like a better fit, up and coming, knew lower league football etc but it just isn’t working out.  
The positive noises about promising players and players who are great guys are all well and good but the team on the park are actually garbage. 
You can keep giving out the  positive vibes but it just isn’t happening on the pitch. 
Get it sorted. 

I would say we have been better than last season 4 points better off with 4 games still to play. We can still finish 8th, your minimum, we are 4 points behind the side in that spot currently and play them on Saturday.

Home form is the problem with 8 draws if we had won even half of them we would have been in a comfortable position.

5 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

Get it sorted. 

Hi Only coo. 

Read your post and I know you are a loyal supporter who cares and entitled to your opinion. 

To challenge some of your points however

We can still achieve top 8. Granted this club is NOT happy being there but it is achievable.

You have agreed calum was a good choice for new manager eg a good fit. The club appointed him and I believe he was/is the right person. We are a more attractive team to watch of that there is zero doubt but I understand this game is about wanting to win every Saturday.

I don't think we can say that team is garbage I think that is unfair. Robbie mcnab/matty mcdonald/ ewan/Zac etc they are not bad players and earlier in season we are lauding them for their performances. 3 of those 4 are signed up for next season fyi.

To have a squad of 18 or 19 everyone will always have opinions on olayers good or bad I get that and tbh to have a squad of 18 or 19 players where every player is loved is well impossible.

Calum is working 24/7 to get results he works tirelessly to improve the team/performance etc. He has done a good job albeit I think we can all agree we had hoped our position  would be better currently. Our cup runs have been a positive and our creation of chances and style of play has been a positive (perhaps last 2 games and some particular games aside).

I understand everyone's frustration I really really do. I wanted to lock myself in a cupboard last week. I have confidence in the management and the players. We need to add in summer to help the group and that hard work already started weeks ago.

This season has had a lot of ups and downs more ups than season 22/23 that is for sure albeit I do think we should be in a better position we are 100%. 

Being a cowden fan ain't easy in fact I've always said it's the hardest gig in Scottish football this is why I commend everyone for supporting this club. I hate when we lose hate it we take it personally.

4 games left and I hope the team can deliver wins.

Keep supporting. 

Mon the cowden.

To pick up on yesterday's game again my opinion only. I thought we were better. I thought we created unbelievable chances I know this as I've watched the game back already!. To create 11 chances in a game of football at any level is good but to not convert is criminal and the reason we lost.

I think you saw a group of players who ran and worked hard and gave 100% unfortunately composure and poor lapses at 2 goals have cost us the game. I felt we were in total control that first 45 minutes and 2nd half we lose a calamity of a goal. Mountain to climb stuff.

Not happy losing games in fact it kills me. It hurts.

I know these players are good players we all pretty much said the same earlier in season or at times. The manager is a good manager however he cannot put the ball in the net. He can't make players go attack the ball at set plays etc. As a whole we have to take responsibility club down to the players. 

Big game next week we have had 2 bad defeats after a run of 4 unbeaten so hope the tide turns to another 4 unbeaten.

Mon the cowden.

It’s been up and down, thats for sure.

We are a better team than last season but a bit lightweight and we need more experience in the team and that costs money.  Maybe need to redesign the squad into one that can get results at home.

We can’t keep throwing managers out every time there is  a rough patch, I know the fans badly want a team on the pitch but we need to give some time to build a team in my opinion.