There was a coo

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Hope it doesn’t mean danny is on his way out but can understand if he’s been told he’ll be no.2 to hepburn. Lack of defenders is worrying for me, correct me if wrong but we have one left back and one right back?

We have 3 players who can play centre back. Also ciaren can play centre back or right back. Matty mcdonald can play left back also. 

We will be running a tighter squad this year so it hopefully means we will get luck with injuries and suspensions especially defensively lol.

20 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

We have 3 players who can play centre back. Also ciaren can play centre back or right back. Matty mcdonald can play left back also. 

We will be running a tighter squad this year so it hopefully means we will get luck with injuries and suspensions especially defensively lol.

I watched Gary Naismith interview where he said Stenny will be running with a squad of 18 players this season. Means they can invest in better players and everyone gets stripped for every game so players less likely to get fed up. Downside is injuries and suspensions can bite you but at least in Lowland League, there are no transfer windows to worry about.

I see we are getting the new away top tonight at 5pm.

Found the top on the catalogue, looks alright and I believe it will be another £50. Was hoping it would have been the black and white one that beith and newburgh had for their home kits last season. Will settle for black and yellow.

Edited by CowdenMiners1204

3 hours ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

I see we are getting the new away top tonight at 5pm.

Found the top on the catalogue, looks alright and I believe it will be another £50. Was hoping it would have been the black and white one that beith and newburgh had for their home kits last season. Will settle for black and yellow.

No cowden fan should ever want a black and white top😂

40 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Just seen that good signing for them thought the Pars may have sent him to an L2 side.

As did I, I'm not sure why we've sent him to ES. 

Ideally he could've got tested at L2, barring that going back to Cowdenbeath seemed sensible. I can only presume yous weren't interested. 

6 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

As did I, I'm not sure why we've sent him to ES. 

Ideally he could've got tested at L2, barring that going back to Cowdenbeath seemed sensible. I can only presume yous weren't interested. 

Not true. Timing/financial and other situations..

Sam is a great lad and a good player. He will do well.

6 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

Not true. Timing/financial and other situations..

I did think that this deal was one that made financial sense for us that made it easy to get a LL deal done this early rather than wait and see if an spfl club wants him.  

Not much in it. Unfortunately still not solved our goalscoring problems though.

Forfar timewasting at the end was a complement to Cowden.

The result was disappointing but the performance was OK.

Some neutrals standing beside me said you wouldn't know which team was in the higher league.

The game with Arbroath will be much more difficult.

16 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Not much in it. Unfortunately still not solved our goalscoring problems though.

Forfar timewasting at the end was a complement to Cowden.

The result was disappointing but the performance was OK.

Some neutrals standing beside me said you wouldn't know which team was in the higher league.

The game with Arbroath will be much more difficult.

Considering 9 of the starting line up were making their debuts we done very well fought right to the end as well.

Skelly bullied us for the 90mins he won every header and took every ball down. I’d like to see us bring in another left back or start mcdonald there one game as Tait got ran riot. Too many high balls to our smallest player in butterworth. Mcnab solid again and we have a real player in doc he can turn on the style.

21 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Skelly bullied us for the 90mins he won every header and took every ball down. I’d like to see us bring in another left back or start mcdonald there one game as Tait got ran riot. Too many high balls to our smallest player in butterworth. Mcnab solid again and we have a real player in doc he can turn on the style.

Pity we don't have another Renton - he won almost every high ball.